Hosted Projects - FS2 Required > FreeSpace Conversion

FreeSpace Port 3.7 + FSPort Media VPs Release!

<< < (4/13) > >>

Goober5000:
FSPort version 3.6.8 is out on Knossos and the FSO Installer.  It fixes the subspace node model, the Vasudan Probe low-poly model, and the parsing error in weapons.tbl.

The FSPort MVPs update will be another few days.  The script configuration update is done, but the main hall update is still in progress.

Goober5000:
The FSPort MVPs have been updated on the FSO Installer and Knossos.  Awakenings, Cardinal Spear, Destiny of Peace, and Shivans! have been updated to use the latest MVPs.

CT27:
In the Installer version of FSPort MediaVPs 4.4, there wasn't an option to download "HD Mainhalls by Mjn."

However, that particular option was there in previous FSPort MediaVPs versions in the Installer (namely 4.3).

Is it possible they could get put in the Installer for FSPort MediaVPs 4.4 or should I just copy those files from my FSPort MediaVPs 4.3 folder ("galatea_a.vp", "bastion_a.vp", etc.) and put them in my FSPort MediaVPs 4.4 folder?

Goober5000:
The older version of FSPort required some special table handling because FSO didn't have full modular support for main hall tables.  This was added in FSO 21.0, so the newest version of FSPort which uses 21.0 no longer needs that special package.  And in fact, adding those VPs will cause problems.

Regardless of whether you're running the old version or the new version, you *do* need the separate downloads of the main halls themselves.  The old FSPort mainhall package didn't provide the entire set of main halls, just the main hall table handling package.

CT27:
Thank you for trying to explain this to me.  All I know is I was able to get the HD mainhalls when playing FSPort MediaVPs 4.3 campaigns.

For someone like me who doesn't use Knossos right now and still works with the Installer, how would I get to use the HD mainhalls with FSPort MediaVPs 4.4 campaigns?  I.e., which files do I need to download and where do I put them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version