Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3034185 times)

Offline soilder198

• Volition = Tilivoon, change my mind
Does anyone else love this combination haha
Karajorma (/ˈbɪkɪˌniː/ or /bɪˈkiːni/; Marshallese: 'Pikinni', [pʲiɡinnʲi], meaning "coconut place"),[2] sometimes known as Eschscholtz between the 1800s and 1946 (see Etymology section below for history and orthography of the endonym),[3] is a coral reef in the Marshall Islands consisting of 23 islands surrounding a 229.4-square-mile (594.1 km2) central lagoon. The atoll's inhabitants were relocated in 1946, after which the islands and lagoon were the site of 23 nuclear tests by the United States until 1958.
Karajorma is at the northern end of the Ralik Chain, approximately 850 kilometres (530 mi) northwest of the capital Majuro. Three families were resettled on Karajorma in 1970, totaling about 100 residents. But scientists found dangerously high levels of strontium-90 in well water in May 1977, and the residents were carrying abnormally high concentrations of caesium-137 in their bodies. They were evacuated in 1980. The atoll is occasionally visited today by divers and a few scientists, and is occupied by a handful of caretakers.

Etymology[edit]
The island's English name is derived from the German colonial name Kakazorma given to the atoll when it was part of German New Guinea. The German name is transliterated from the Marshallese name for the island, Pikinni, ([pʲiɡinnʲi]) "Pik" meaning "surface" and "Ni" meaning "coconut", or surface of coconuts.[2]

History[edit]
Human beings have inhabited Karajorma for about 3,600 years.[29] U.S. Army Corps of Engineers archaeologist Charles F. Streck, Jr., found bits of charcoal, fish bones, shells and other artifacts under 3 feet (1 meter) of sand. Carbon-dating placed the age of the artifacts at between 1960-1650, B.C.E. Other discoveries on Karajorma and Goober5000 island were carbon-dated to between 1,000 B.C.E. and 1 B.C.E., and others between 400-1,400 C.E.[30]

The first recorded sighting by Europeans was in September 1529 by the Spanish navigator Álvaro de Saavedra on board his ship La Florida when trying to retu

Offline watsisname

Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over 1000!!!!! (pages)
Kayaked all over Chuckanut Bay and surrounding straights/islands today.
Pros:  It was ****ing gorgeous.
Cons:  I still feel the rocking motion of the sea through my whole body.

**** my vestibular system. D:
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

they finally blocked this site at work.  now i'm gonna have to look over my shoulder for the time police, because i doubt very much anyone else at work comes here.  which means i got it blocked all by myself.  :nervous:

Add to resume:  Acted to change company internet policy.

When asked about this, mention that you brought to the attention of your IT department sites that should have been blocked but were not.  No need to go into the hows or whys.  ;)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Finished work at four pm yesterday. Was drinking with three v nice lady receptionists and one guy receptionist I work with. Left there about half ten. Went to a girl's gaff for a booty call after ( as its been to happen) shooting myself in the footaand getying fit 20 year old reception girl DESTROYED on dark rum... She was matching me drink for drink... Anyhoooo, long story short, I was repairing my bootycalls
Back gardens Fence naked at half two this morning after Getting alfresco..... Yay!!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Everytime I read Dekker's posts, I feel inclined to do something stupid and see if it works
Then I realize, it won't work because I'm not Dekker
I promptly have a drink and wait for this empty feeling to dissipate
Damn you Dekker, you magnificent bastard

Though, I can now say that I have had a girl sit next to me on the piano bench, her head laying on my shoulder, watching me as I serenade everyone in the room
And then us both playing Fur Elise together
"No"

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
they guy who invented the 555 timer died. is sad.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

So, I lurked on over to a more conservative-leaning forum (if hacking off one leg and falling to the right can be described as "leaning"), where in a thread about Mitt Romney's VP pick, one of the board members, completely out of the blue, gave his endorsement for......wait for it.....hereditary monarchy.  Oddly, nobody called him out for it, either.  The thread just had an awkward, two-day silence, before someone else came in and changed the topic.

For a one-line post, it did a pretty good job of putting me in a state of awe and wonder.  Is the forum so partisan that it will accept any political ideology, no matter how extreme, as long as it is right-of-center?  Did I miss the part where this poster is ignored by everyone as a total joke (which would be impressive, since not two posts prior, he was carrying on a conversation, showing a profound ignorance of race in politics)?  Was it actually some kind of attempt at satire, that just fell flat?  I get the feeling that this is something of a Glenn Beck situation, where this guy is either the only one in on the joke or the only one not in on the joke.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Ironic that you mention that. I've gotten to the point where I've gotten so immersed in the examples of racism in Australia's history under the guise of it being legitimate conservative politics that sometimes I can't deal with new people without feeling like I'm being judged as inferior or stupid because of the colour of my skin. I think I might see the uni psych and talk it out before it gets worse.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
they guy who invented the 555 timer died. is sad.

I read some of his biography last year or so, very interesting guy, sad to hear he passed.
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I can't seem to get away from a double post today. wth.

Ah...  I can't make up my mind weather or not my RTOS should be multi-tasking or multi-processing.   :banghead:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline watsisname

Recently learned that a mountain (Twin Sisters) not very far from me is composed of Dunite, a greenish rock made primarily of olivine crystals and is interesting/unusual in that it comes from deep in the Earth's mantle and is rather rare on the surface.  Apparently the whole friggin mountain is an obducted slice of this mantle rock; and is one of the largest such exposures in the world.  Gonna go adventuring around there and see if I can find a nice sample. :)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
sounds like a good plan watsisname
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Recently learned that a mountain (Twin Sisters) not very far from me is composed of Dunite, a greenish rock made primarily of olivine crystals and is interesting/unusual in that it comes from deep in the Earth's mantle and is rather rare on the surface.  Apparently the whole friggin mountain is an obducted slice of this mantle rock; and is one of the largest such exposures in the world.  Gonna go adventuring around there and see if I can find a nice sample. :)

Rock on.
*Insert other bad geology puns*
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
And so, the tiberium saga begins.....

EDIT-

http://robotechlan.com/freespace2/staff1.html Turns out the Robotech original installer is still up.

:yes:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 01:06:50 pm by Dekker »
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Was mowing my grandmother's back garden today, when I went over a fair sized rock that proceeded to bend one side of the blade so badly that it put a groove in the soil and caused the motor to cut out. I know for a fact that the garden in question has been stone free for over a decade. I also know that the young boy next door has made a habit of throwing things into the garden (rocks, tennis balls and footballs mainly, but I did find a kids pot of bubble solution and wand....as the lawnmower ate it). I am most pissed off.
That lawnmower is almost two decades old, had only a few issuse that were solved quickly and cheaply, and was my late grandfather's so I have a bit of a sentimal attatchment to it.
And to top it all off, I must have eaten a dragon at some point during the day, because all my farts smell like sulphur!

If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hopefully popping a new blade on there fixes it.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Hopefully popping a new blade on there fixes it.

Well after it cut out, I tried it again and the motor is fine. It's just finding the blade. For some reason hardware stores that sell replacement parts are becoming rather uncommon in London. Besides, the price they will  most likely charge would be the same as getting a new mower.

The Force shall free me.

Offline watsisname

And to top it all off, I must have eaten a dragon at some point during the day, because all my farts smell like sulphur!

Worst Word of Power ever.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
FUS-RO-DERP!