Author Topic: 3.6.9 messed up after installing TBP 3.3 (already "resolved")  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Dysko

3.6.9 messed up after installing TBP 3.3 (already "resolved")
I posted this in the SCP thread, but I was told it's better to post this also here.

Some days ago, I downloaded TBP 3.3 (+mission pack + E-M war + Raiders war). Everything worked perfectly with TBP, but as soon as I returned to standard FS2_Open, weird things happened... Cutscenes were shown in smaller sizes with distorted colours, some old text bugs returned, and shine maps were very bright. The strange things is that this problem affected only FS2_Open, WCS and a standalone INFA build I have since I'm a tester. TBP and BtRL weren't affected at all. At first, I thought of an incompatibility between TBP's 3.6.7 (tell me if I'm saying something wrong :nervous:) and 3.6.9, but this wouldn't explain why BtRL worked perfectly.

I tried re-installing 3.6.9, but to no avail. As said in this thread, registry keys were apparently corrupted. I could get everything back working only after merging that registry key and deleting TBP :(.
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
Re: 3.6.9 messed up after installing TBP 3.3 (already "resolved")
Hmm, I wonder if you ran TBP as a mod from the FS2 directory (eg, \FreeSpace2\TBP), if that would work... use the Launcher that comes with FSO; select "Toggle features for TBP"... I guess you could try that, I think it's supposed to be possible.