Author Topic: Open states of war  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Antares

• Author of The Shivan Manifesto
I'm making the assumption that the TVWP campaign is expected to terminate upon the arrival of the Shivans in "Out of the Dark, into the Night", after which the Treaty of 2335 is negotiated.

I was thinking.  Why not extend the campaign a little further?  It would mean more work, certainly, but it would provide an interesting opportunity to observe some of the Great War's battles and events from a Vasudan standpoint.  We'd get to see the Vasudan reaction to things such as the formation of the Hammer of Light, and the atmosphere of dread as the Lucifer fleet marches slowly, inexorably toward Vasuda Prime; the destruction of Vasuda would mark the end of the campaign, and leave the Vasudan race looking forward to an uncertain future as the Destroyers carve their merciless swath of annihilation across Allied space.

Just a suggestion.
We have returned to continue our purification of this galaxy. It is again your turn to be crushed beneath the great force that is the Antaran army. All your petty squabbling with the other beings in this galaxy is meaningless. The Antaran fleet will destroy you all, one by one. You may not surrender. You cannot win. Your only option is death.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I, personally want to bug everyone here to make a vasudan-sided version of the war, but since I haven't actually helped all that much since I got here, I have no clout. :p

*goes back to things distracting him from FREDding* ;)

(j/k Gooby, I'll work on the missions later...)
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by Antares
I was thinking.  Why not extend the campaign a little further?  It would mean more work, certainly, but it would provide an interesting opportunity to observe some of the Great War's battles and events from a Vasudan standpoint.  We'd get to see the Vasudan reaction to things such as the formation of the Hammer of Light, and the atmosphere of dread as the Lucifer fleet marches slowly, inexorably toward Vasuda Prime; the destruction of Vasuda would mark the end of the campaign, and leave the Vasudan race looking forward to an uncertain future as the Destroyers carve their merciless swath of annihilation across Allied space.

Freespace Port: Vasudan Imperium

Postponed indefinitely, I'm afraid.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
It's a good idea, unfortuantly we haven't even gotten to the TV war proper yet, so going beyond that at this time is stretching it a bit.  Maybe when we get to the halfway point of that war we could consider pushing deeper into the next one.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Mm.  One thing at a time.  Don't forget that "new initiative regarding hosting" announcement.  Paucity of staff is the reason we're taking so long as it is.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
School is my reason...  Which reminds me. I have class in 20 minutes... *runs out the door*
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist