19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97738 times)

Offline asyikarea51

• -__-||
Re: Favorite terran fighter
What's fun is setting dual PromS's... screw low-refire... set it on bank 2 and switch to dual-mode between shots--you now have a PromS at a fast refire rate! Only problem is you have to reset the banks when you stop firing... it's great none-the-less for anything strong without a good refire!

I tend to use this 'trick' when I'm busy playtesting with the Gatling Lasers in my mod.

But every now and then I have this thing for variety - sometimes I mount a PromR and a PromS, then do the trick. :lol:
Inferno plz
The Power of Nightmares
TheHound: "Nice idea, but I have a thing against announcing campaigns before having them already finished."
G5K: "The flipside of that is that if you don't announce your campaign, yet take too long to finish it, other people may independently come up with some of the same ideas."

I don't do that for the same reason I prefer the Subach over the Mekhu.  I aim my shots and blow away my target =)

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I do it because I have a Logitech WingMan Force 3D... aka Force Feedback!! I need faster refire to be able to hit successfully. It even helps when you have good aim... you fire like 2/3 more shots and your target is destroyed that much faster!
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

I usually just link fire and fire a quad/hex(?)/oct(?) shot that blows off the shields and then another shot that destroys the fighter myself =/

Offline Dysko

I usually just link fire and fire a quad/hex(?)/oct(?) shot that blows off the shields and then another shot that destroys the fighter myself =/
Try the GTF Keres from Inferno. You can do everything with a single shot (16 guns! ;7)
My aviation photography website: GolfVictorSpotting.it

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Whew. I prefer two Kayser shots at close range (5m dogfights are fun!!) with the Ernyes (I cant spell-sorry). Two shots on bank 1 or 1 shot on both banks!
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
I <3 the Keres... Though I only flew it in ITDoH, it was hilarious. BAM, dead. BAM.

Potato FTW!
It may not fly, but it fry.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Keres, IMO, is unrealistic (as are many things in Inferno). Just make it so you have to use every shot you fire to hit and not to just spray the sky and I'll be happy. But still, it's fun for blowing things out of the sky (ever used 16 Hastor guns on Ancients?)

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
So keep the energy levels like the perseus or so?

That would be a nice balancing factor....

But what's this realism thing you speak of?

Offline Iron Wolf

• Shzam!
Perseus!

I think it is one of the few craft that can handle sustianed Kayser fire.

Eryines close second.
Come on now, be honest. Wouldn't you all rather listen to your hairdressers than Hercules? Or Horatius? Or Orpheus? All those old bores! people so lofty they sound as if they s**t marble! - Mozart, Amadeus

Offline Snail

• SC 5
So keep the energy levels like the perseus or so?

That would be a nice balancing factor....

But what's this realism thing you speak of?

The Keres has 16 guns. Imagine the energy needed to keep those 16 guns firing over a long space of time. It seems unrealistic that it can do that, have a relatively high top speed and maintain shields all at the same time. This is what I'm talking about.

Plus, it makes it stupid to have such a powerful ship spraying deadly 16-shot Aquinas and Hastor fire everywhere.

Offline Dysko

Yesterday I fought in multi with a Perseus. It's the only fighter I can use well in multi. And the one in which I obtained most of my kills :D

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Yesterday I fought in multi with a Perseus. It's the only fighter I can use well in multi. And the one in which I obtained most of my kills :D

It's still targettable in multi...

Offline Dysko

Also the Pegasus is targettable in multi. Or at least, I think so, since I could target a Pegasus in a TvT, without AWACS around. :nervous:

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Lol, i remember doing fs2 multi with pxo. I'd either be using the vasudan stealth ship or the pegasus and they wouldn't show up on radar, idk about reticle targeting though.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I swear, I was playing multi and there was no AWACS, and I was in a nebula, and the other guy was flying a Pegasus, and I could target him absolutely normally. As if he had no stealth.

Offline Ghost

• whoopdidoo
Oh jesus, Potato wins. Unless I'm flying intercept; then obviously it's the perseus. Put it this way: if I could mount kaysers and maxims on the Perseus, that would be it.
Wh00t!? Vinyl? Is it like an I-pod 2 or something?

[/sarcasm]

-KappaWing

The Greatest Game in Existance

Offline Dysko

Code: [Select]
$Name: GTF Perseus
$Allowed PBanks: ( "Subach HL-7" "Akheton SDG" "Morning Star" "Prometheus S" "Prometheus R" "UD-8 Kayser" )
$Allowed Dogfight PBanks: ( "MorningStar D" "Prometheus D" "Maxim D" "Circe" "UD-D Kayser" )
The Perseus can carry Kaysers in single, and both Kaysers and Maxims in multi. :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Perseus with Kayser and Maxim with Tornadoes and Trebs is great.

Offline Killfrenzy

• Slaughter-class cruiser
  • Randomly Existing
I have, have always had, and always will have a definite weakness for the GTF Valkyrie.

For two reasons:

1) SPEED!!!! All over the place to cause trouble.

2) Has possibly the best word ever as a name. :D (Sorry, but I love the word 'Valkyrie.')

That said, I know its missile capacity stinks. Lucky I don't rely on them. :D

I also like the fact that there's a pair of guns positioned near-as-dammit centrally on the ship's 'chin.' They're shooting right down your axis, which means that if you're aiming in the right direction, they're going to sodding hit! :D
Death has more impact than life, for everyone dies, but not everyone lives. [/b]
-Tomoe Hotaru (Sailor Saturn
------------
Founder of Shadows of Lylat