Author Topic: GVT Isis [RELEASED]  (Read 17740 times)

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
Thanks!
I'll put up a fsmods download later for those who can't get the mediafire version.

edit: It's done http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.898
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 04:03:27 am by Oddgrim »
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
woot!

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
looks sweet! :) :yes:

And, one little question, what license are you releasing this under?  :nervous:
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
looks sweet! :) :yes:

And, one little question, what license are you releasing this under?  :nervous:
License? Afraid I don't quite understand, it falls under general FS free non profit useage.
My models page:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I was was just thinking about this thread.  From your reply I'd guess that the license would be this?
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported licence
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
I was was just thinking about this thread.  From your reply I'd guess that the license would be this?
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported licence

Kinda, I don't want to get into a legal discussion here but, I'll say this:  The isis is not a original creation, even if it's vastly different from the retail version, the very core of it is still based of a trademarked design.  That said people are mostly free to do what they want with it as long it's nonprofit and finally just remember to credit the creator or at least ask first. c:
My models page:

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
good point, I was forgetting about the differences between a retail upgrade vs an original design, damn the legal complexities!
----
----

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
So I finally got around to downloading this... and I noticed that there's no glass texture. Looks like a gaping maw of that fisherman fish thing.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
That is a bit strange, the glass is referenced in the pof, which uses a standard mediavps glass texture.
My models page:

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
$5 says it uses glass-trans which is not in the MediaVPs 3.6.12.
Cutscene Upgrade Project - Mainhall Remakes - Between the Ashes
Youtube Channel - P3D Model Box
Between the Ashes is looking for committed testers, PM me for details.
Freespace Upgrade Project See what's happening.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
It does.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
The easy fix is to rip glass.dds and save it in data/maps as glass-trans.dds... but it won't be see-through. glass-trans might be in the FSPort mediavps too.

Of course, this won't be an issue when we get the new mediavps out.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
I tried changing the texture in the .pof file, but for some reason it doesn't behave like it does on other models. Just looks like cloudy glass and the only ting you can see is the bottom of the cockpit.

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
the texture needs to have an alpha channel, that's how -trans works and that's how we do the new cockpits. We no longer have to worry about polygon order or anything. So unless you are changing it to a texture with an alpha channel, you won't see the cockpit at all.

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
I tried changing the texture in the .pof file, but for some reason it doesn't behave like it does on other models. Just looks like cloudy glass and the only ting you can see is the bottom of the cockpit.

heres a link to the texture, it should also be in the fsport release as well.
http://www.mediafire.com/?50htice8pn29qxs
My models page:

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Wait, are you guys transitioning from glass to glass-trans or is Oddgrim just stuck in the old ways?

Offline mjn.mixael

• Cutscene Master
  • Chopped liver
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I have no idea what you are talking about in terms of Oddgrim being stuck in the old days or some such..

The MediaVPs, starting with the next release, will use glass-trans across the board, and Oddgrim is aware of this. He's been using glass-trans in all his craft. That texture was simply accidentally left out of this model release.