Author Topic: Mandatory Tools for Voice Actors  (Read 7375 times)

Re: Mandatory Tools for Voice Actors
Right perhaps this could get stickied but obviously,
www.goldwave.com is a must. I'm not sure what you need to record in an .OGG format, so maybe people can post their favourite free'ish apps for the newly initiated.  :yes:

Well in an up-and-coming FS2 SCP campaign, we have a sound engineer on board, so i wont need those sort of tools. WSR is enough for me.  :cool:

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Beaming myself...

:necro:

I'm too lazy to start a duplicate topic, so I'll post here. In addition to GoldWave, some of you might want to try using Audacity. I used both last time to record stuff and I liked Audacity more because it was less prone to "hanging".

Windows Sound Recorder is excellent, no doubt about that, but that only applies to people contributing to HLP using Windows. :p
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Beaming myself...

:necro:

I'm too lazy to start a duplicate topic, so I'll post here. In addition to GoldWave, some of you might want to try using Audacity. I used both last time to record stuff and I liked Audacity more because it was less prone to "hanging".

Windows Sound Recorder is excellent, no doubt about that, but that only applies to people contributing to HLP using Windows. :p

I think someone already mentioned that!

You should be able to analyze and clean background noises with Audacity. Good choice for those who can't get Adobe Audition (Cool Edit Pro) anywhere. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Umm........... yeah they did!  :P  :lol:
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions