Author Topic: Professional Voice Actor here.  (Read 12121 times)

Professional Voice Actor here.
I'm a professional voice actor, and since i have developed a passion for FS2, i'd very much like to do some voice acting , if anyone would like me.

Im australian, but my accent isnt picked up, and i can imitate almost anyone. I have a deep accent, being that im 23. (Think Lieutenant Samsa, i can imitate his voice perfectly).

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Re: Professional Voice Actor here.
(Think Lieutenant Samsa, i can imitate his voice perfectly).
I'm sure we'd all get a kick if you uploaded a sample of your rendition of Samsa's "Welcome to Vega, Ensign" speech.

Offline Nuclear1

(Think Lieutenant Samsa, i can imitate his voice perfectly).
I'm sure we'd all get a kick if you uploaded a sample of your rendition of Samsa's "Welcome to Vega, Ensign" speech.

That's Loukakis.

Samsa is the guy who sounds like an announcer from the early '00/late 90's Chevy commercials.  And that is a very good thing. 

I'm sure the major projects will find use for you. :)  If not, I may have a spot open up shortly.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
That's Loukakis.

Samsa is the guy who sounds like an announcer from the early '00/late 90's Chevy commercials.  And that is a very good thing.
I have been shamed.

Offline Nuclear1

I have been shamed.
And shamed thou shalt forever be.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Well i can do multiple voices. I am australian, but not thickly accented. One thing i cant properly do is an american accent. I can do european accents, scottish, irish, english, or heavy australian accents.

But most importantly, i can be funny, dramatic, scared, or angry.

Derelict was one of the finest campaigns, but one thing that was EXTREMELY disappointing was the voice acting...it sounded like a bunch of 15 year olds.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
It was a bunch of 15 year olds.  More or less.

Why don't you post an audio file?

Offline Nuclear1

One thing i cant properly do is an american accent.

This is odd.  Maybe it's just because I'm an American, but is there really an "American accent", seeing as how the American tone is composed of dozens of different accents already? (Look at:  Midwest, New York, and Boston for examples)

This is odd.  Maybe it's just because I'm an American, but is there really an "American accent", seeing as how the American tone is composed of dozens of different accents already? (Look at:  Midwest, New York, and Boston for examples)

Being australian, they all sound pretty much the same to me.

Anyhow , my mic is broken, but i'll have a new one by next week. Stay tuned for some good voice clips, of my impersonations of some of the commanders from FS2.

Trust me....you wont be able to tell the difference.

Well i can do multiple voices. I am australian, but not thickly accented. One thing i cant properly do is an american accent. I can do european accents, scottish, irish, english, or heavy australian accents.

But most importantly, i can be funny, dramatic, scared, or angry.

Derelict was one of the finest campaigns, but one thing that was EXTREMELY disappointing was the voice acting...it sounded like a bunch of 15 year olds.

I have to disagree.  The voice acting had its finest points (Captain Ekestam, Lt Mackie, Tau Sigma Station), but also had its bad ones (Terran Command, Lt Tom Faulkner), IMHO.

Hope you join the cast.  I'm looking to do some voice acting myself, but need to find the time first......

Wasn't Ransom Archein one of the voice actors?

I rather enjoyed Derelict. Except for the voice acting (exception: Mackey, thanks Archein, wherever you are). Good plot, good character development. And finally, blowing up things that aren't Shivan (save for Inferno, which is godly enough to always be excepted).

This is odd.  Maybe it's just because I'm an American, but is there really an "American accent", seeing as how the American tone is composed of dozens of different accents already? (Look at:  Midwest, New York, and Boston for example)

Being australian, they all sound pretty much the same to me.

They are all pretty much the same, except for those previously mentioned. As opposed to a British accent, we actually pronounce our r's. And practically every letter. So, it's hard to do an "American" accent, because you have to pronounce everything. Which, for those of you who aren't Americans, is obvious to us Americans because you take your time to pronounce the words. Sounds like a five-year-old overenunciating
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 04:01:29 pm by spartan_0214 »

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Nuclear1

Wasn't Ransom Archein one of the voice actors?

I rather enjoyed Derelict. Except for the voice acting (exception: Mackey, thanks Archein, wherever you are). Good plot, good character development. And finally, blowing up things that aren't Shivan (save for Inferno, which is godly enough to always be excepted).

I rather enjoyed Ransom (Mackie), Cobra (Alpha 3), and Nix's (Cypher) voiceacting in particular.

They are all pretty much the same, except for those previously mentioned. As opposed to a British accent, we actually pronounce our r's. And practically every letter. So, it's hard to do an "American" accent, because you have to pronounce everything. Which, for those of you who aren't Americans, is obvious to us Americans because you take your time to pronounce the words. Sounds like a five-year-old overenunciating

Really?  I know that we in the Midwest are notorious for taking words like "probably" and shortening them to "probly" (or "totally" to "toally").

Trust me....you wont be able to tell the difference.

I would  :lol: if all he did was upload the speech files from the game...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

can you do a canadian accent, including the "eh"s? i sure as hell know i can, being canadian. :P
Fun while it lasted.

Then bitter.

Well ive got my mic. I've made a few clips. Not sure how to upload them onto the forum though. = \

I've done a really good impression of the legendary intro to the 'Into the Lions Den' mission. I think i've done a killer job on it. I'm sure you'll agree.  :pimp:

Someone just give me a hand uploading them onto the forum, since im a forum noobie.  :sigh:

Oh, and also did a 'Shivans on a Cain bit'.....contains profanity tho.   ;7 :drevil:

Offline Nuclear1

Right under the reply window is an Additional Options tab.  Click it, then add the .zip or .rar into the attachment field.

having trouble making .zip and .rar files. They automatically go into .ace format.

maybe someone else can do it for me......put an e-mail up here and i'll send u some clips, or add me to msn, my msn is [email protected]

Or if you're in need of a good voice actor, just add me.

Offline Nuclear1

having trouble making .zip and .rar files. They automatically go into .ace format.

maybe someone else can do it for me......put an e-mail up here and i'll send u some clips, or add me to msn, my msn is [email protected]

nuclear12000 at gmail.com

I'll even host them for you. :)

nuclear12000 at gmail.com

I'll even host them for you. :)

Check your e-mail buddy....n thanks.  :yes:

Offline Nuclear1