Author Topic: Military Conflict Info Boxes  (Read 3515 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Military Conflict Info Boxes
I've added a temporary "idea" thing to the talk page of the Battle of Deneb page. It's like the Wikipedia info boxes but with FreeSpace. Please check it out. Talk page. In future we could use the same template as the Wikipedia ones to make it easier to put things into the "Battle of..." pages.

Offline Koth

• Join the NTF! We have cookies!
Re: Military Conflict Info Boxes
Looks like a nice idea. As long as everything is canon there shouldn't be any problems. 
The Signature is a Nuke!

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Yeah... Though i'm not sure we need to use wikipedia's templates as it aint really that difficult to make something on your own.
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

I think these should be used. I posted a modified version of Snail's idea on the talk page.

Offline Clawandfang

• Resident writer
I'm liking this... good idea.
No one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't go anywhere except where its rails take it.

If you're interested in the classic film, "The Land Before Time", then come visit a land before time forum.

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
A "Related Missions" section could be interesting. Dunno if it would be useful enough to spend the extra time on, though.
-C

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Yes, a "Related Missions" section could be a good idea, but then the infobox would be even bigger, so I suggest we get rid of all nonessential participants like the cruisers. Instead, we could simply make a list or, better, put those ship names into coherent sentences, describing what they did and when.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I've got Info boxes also for the missions. I've slapped it onto the talk page of the Campaign Walkthrough. We could add them to the missions.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Superb idea.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The loadout table looks crap, but IMO the other two are ok.