Author Topic: Voice Acting Guild - All active voice actors post here!!!  (Read 7240 times)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Voice Acting Guild - All active voice actors post here!!!
It may just be an impression but things here don't seem to be well coordinated.

Who are the active actors of the community? It's hard to get help when actors miss a new thread in this child board. It would be easier to get a list of active actors, create a thread and then send a PM linking to the thread. In addition, are there any efficient tutorials? Is someone willing to become an actor going to get some precious hints?

If you're an actor, post here. It will be easier for me to contact you if the FSCRP needs actors :)

Ashrak
Getter Robo G*
Mongoose**
Dilmah G
Darkblade*
neoterran*
rbxplayer
Blue Lion
Uchuujinsan

« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 12:28:32 pm by Mobius »
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
utter nebie wannabe actor

samples in first post:
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53858.0.html
I hate My signature!

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
Is Nuclear1 even current? He hasn't updated samples thread since 2006 (I've posted at least three-four times since then -  including today)

Which means a Mod (ideally) should control and keep VA board updated with current actors and samples.
Just a suggestion:D

No offense, but what's the point of having a sticky thread where 80% of the links do not work?

Fsgundam's work off a geocities site, as does Ahmose's from GAME WARDEN linkage?

The rest need to re-upoad their samples (if they wish to remain "Current" instead of these "30-day no DL we delete" sites...

Which means uploading some to THIS board and keeping under the 512kb limit...
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 08:28:08 am by Getter Robo G »
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Samples aren't the problem here. Active voice actors is what the community needs.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
cant exactly be picky either :p since noones paying em :D
I hate My signature!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Can you compile a list of actors? I don't remember actors other than Mongoose, Getter Robo G, Cobra, Rian and a few others...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
you could just make a topic for em to post in :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Uh? That's exactly why I've created this topic...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
this one is getting to be a flabbery sickness of randomness thread, probly should have a new one with just VA posts.
I hate My signature!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The stickied thread was meant to serve as somewhat of a directory of that nature, although its effectiveness is obviously rather nil at the moment.  I don't have much free time in the very near future, but perhaps in another week or two I'll be able to try to piece something more current and useful together.  I originally envisioned a setup where someone looking for voiceactors could go down the list, check out samples, and actively recruit people they felt fit certain roles; if I can get a bit of compilation together, maybe the thread can finally serve that purpose.  I have a rather substantial amount of personal file-hosting space, so I could theoretically help anyone whose only other option is a temporary site.

Beyond that, I don't really know that much organization is necessary, or even possible.  I don't know that the label "active" works at all; most people post in here saying that they're willing to do voice work, and I'd assume that they would if asked to take on a certain role, but beyond that, there's not much to be active at.  I'd also want to shy away from lumping certain people together as "actors;" I may have done a few voice roles myself, but I don't consider myself an actor by any stretch of the imagination. :p  Assigning that label to people presumes that those people are part of some specially-skilled group, when the situation is very much one in which everyone can (and should) help out with campaigns if they're willing/able to do so.

Offline Ashrak

• Not Banned
    • Imagination Designs
The stickied thread was meant to serve as somewhat of a directory of that nature, although its effectiveness is obviously rather nil at the moment.  I don't have much free time in the very near future, but perhaps in another week or two I'll be able to try to piece something more current and useful together.  I originally envisioned a setup where someone looking for voiceactors could go down the list, check out samples, and actively recruit people they felt fit certain roles; if I can get a bit of compilation together, maybe the thread can finally serve that purpose.  I have a rather substantial amount of personal file-hosting space, so I could theoretically help anyone whose only other option is a temporary site.

Beyond that, I don't really know that much organization is necessary, or even possible.  I don't know that the label "active" works at all; most people post in here saying that they're willing to do voice work, and I'd assume that they would if asked to take on a certain role, but beyond that, there's not much to be active at.  I'd also want to shy away from lumping certain people together as "actors;" I may have done a few voice roles myself, but I don't consider myself an actor by any stretch of the imagination. :p  Assigning that label to people presumes that those people are part of some specially-skilled group, when the situation is very much one in which everyone can (and should) help out with campaigns if they're willing/able to do so.

Well said my lord, i also am no actor, but abosolutely willing to give my voice to the community :)
I hate My signature!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Re: Voice Acting Guild - All active voice actors post here!!!
I've just changed the title of this thread.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

Well said my lord, i also am no actor, but abosolutely willing to give my voice to the community :)

I'm no voice actor either, but i wouldn't mind reading a few lines either

Offline Darkblade

• Lurker
    • The Babylon Project website
Reporting in.

I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty once again.

I've done roles in several FreeSpace 2 project such as The Babylon Project and Battlestar Galactica: Beyond the Red Line.
Also on several campaigns like Boomerang, Destiny of Peace, Echo Gate, Phantoms, Cardinal Spear and Derelict.
Mauri Darkblade Majanoja

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
Ok, I think I already have you on my MSN list. That'll make things easier. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Offline neoterran

Hello, i'm active and reporting for duty. I've voice acted in a couple campaigns, most notably Blaise's Shivans and a few others, although in Destiny of Peace my part got reassigned I think because my files were in bad quality shape for whatever reason. You'll have to ask VA on that one.

Anyway, i've got a better mike now, so, problem solved.
Official Taylor Fan Club Member.
Chief Grognard.
"How much code could a coder code if a coder could code code?"

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
I am a newbie. Currently working on Earth Brakiri. I have a deep voice so up to now I was given command in game scripts.
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I finally got a microphone working and up. Now I suppose I can work on my voice.

Any campaigns that need a new voice, let me know I guess.

I would also like to try some voice acting, I'm from Germany though, so I may have quite an accent.
Well, I'll just try it, and if no one wants me its also ok :)

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
I'm adding your names to my first post... :)
The Lightblue Ribbon