Archived Boards > MindGames

Where is this?

(1/11) > >>

Unknown Target:
Was hoping for this to be continued. :)

Is there a story summary somewhere? What happened to the original media?

Geezer:
Hey, UT long time and all that.  Have you seen the website? Ummm, I seem to have misplaced the website.  Kara - you there? Any idea where the website is?

karajorma:
http://mindgames.hard-light.net/

Mindgames is on hiatus until Diaspora R1 is out. I simply don't have the time to work on both and I've always felt that a team leader should be working at least as hard as his staff on any project. Once R1 is out I intend to reactivate MG and take a good long look at the storyline. We probably will need to update some of the mods we're using with high-poly models but I fully intend to see if we can do this the same way Blue Planet did and only use assets already available to download.

When it comes to missions, we were about 50% done. How well those missions will stand up to the test of time is another matter. Demands are higher than they were when I was FREDding for MG. Back then we were cutting edge and although I think we still have a few missions that live up to that I think we might need to rebuild a few.

All in all though I still wouldn't say MG is dead. I still want to see it finished. I still intend to finish it. :)

Snail:

--- Quote ---When it comes to missions, we were about 50% done. How well those missions will stand up to the test of time is another matter. Demands are higher than they were when I was FREDding for MG. Back then we were cutting edge and although I think we still have a few missions that live up to that I think we might need to rebuild a few.

All in all though I still wouldn't say MG is dead. I still want to see it finished. I still intend to finish it. :)

--- End quote ---
I don't think redoing missions is really necessary as long as they were good in the first place, STR didn't use any SCP features and it still turned out to be a blast.

TopAce:
Yes, but MG missions benefit from using new SEXPs like when-argument. I'm for example a fan of if-then-else, and if MG FREDding continues, I will use it.

Here, by new I mean "not around when MG development halted"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version