Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Test Builds

TrueType font rendering

<< < (2/24) > >>

Nuke:
id just have some font guru htl* the **** the current fonts. procedurally converting raster fonts to vector fonts, not so easy, and would probably look like crap.

*yes im using the term incorrectly. bite my fleshy meatbag ass!

chief1983:
Well, the main issue is that there are mods already released with their own fonts.  If we could be certain we found all existing fonts, that might work, otherwise I'm not sure how we could avoid breakage.  Could deprecate older fonts perhaps.

The E:
Well, I think what we could do is convert those little graphics to ppms and include them in the source, with possible override via little pngs or something.

m!m:
I updated the patch link with a new patch to an updated version where fonts with no special name get a more unique generated name. I also attached a patch against antipodes which only contains build file changes.

I also think that adding bitmaps for those special characters is the best solution as that would also make further customization of the various HUD options possible.

m!m:
The issue with the spaces in the briefing text should now be fixed, updated links to patch and test builds download. Again a patch against Antipodes is attached.

[attachment deleted by a basterd]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version