Community Projects > The FreeSpace Wiki Project

Petition to Add Power Usage to Primary Weapons Template

(1/1)

SypheDMar:
Hello everyone,

So I was looking at the GTW Disruptor, GTW D-Advanced, and GT(Why?)W Akheton SDG earlier today. I started reading the Veteran Comments, and I noticed that there were comments on how demanding the Akheton SDG was. While I can check the .tbl entry to see what the values are, it would be time-consuming for me if I had to do it every time I wanted to find out how much power was needed to fire such a weapon. It would be simpler to just have it on the Wiki page.

Is there a reason why it shouldn't be on the Wiki? If not and no one objects to the proposal, let's give a go-ahead to the community to edit the template and add in the values for each weapon.

Trivial Psychic:
What would be ideal, is the critical performance table values for each weapon, and then calculations to determine effective damage & energy values on a per-pulse/projectile basis, as well over a base-line time frame to compare for example, beams where one has higher damage factors, but another has a longer beam duration and quicker fire interval.

FreeSpaceFreak:
I'm all for more information on the Wiki :yes:

mjn.mixael:
Not sure this needed a petition.. it's a Wiki. Add information in a way that doesn't frick up the existing pages and it'll always be for the better.

Black Wolf:

--- Quote from: mjn.mixael on January 17, 2013, 02:48:58 pm ---Not sure this needed a petition.. it's a Wiki. Add information in a way that doesn't frick up the existing pages and it'll always be for the better.

--- End quote ---

QFT. Yes, the wiki has admins and a few more frequent editors, but what we do is mostly streamline and tweak stuff - we don't set policy or anything. Be bold, make the changes, and if they're good, they'll stick.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version