Author Topic: Forum game: Rules/Discussion  (Read 164965 times)

Offline Veers

Re: Forum game: Rules/Discussion
Question, does your character have a cool costume or just a military uniform?

:)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Whichever it is, it's all glittery, silver, and fabulous.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Lorric

Whichever it is, it's all glittery, silver, and fabulous.
So then, are you a "normal" player (with a badass fleet) like the rest of us, or have you and Spoon cooked something up between you? You obviously had this planned out in advance.

Also, for what it's worth, I actually thought Dimensional Eclipse was a good name, I know it's your mod, but I thought it still sounded Cyrvan-ey. Maybe it could be a ship in your fleet.

OK, I've got a gameplay question:
Fleet: 2nd UGCR
First action: major, engage 2nd Zy
Second action: minor, move to Virgo
Since that fleet is moving out of the Aldebaran system with its second action, and is the only one doing so this turn, that means I can't go into the system as my first action due to the 3-fleets-in-one-system limit, correct?

Offline niffiwan

• Eluder Class
I can move to Formaulhaut instead if it helps.  And which of the other fleets are ending their turn in Virgo?

derp - reading comprehension fail.

I think the other two fleets plan to move to Tauri, and one of then has issued the order (2nd CRF) as it's 1st action.  So you should be fine to move in.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 05:10:08 am by niffiwan »
Creating a fs2_open.log | Red Alert Bug = Hex Edit | MediaVPs 2014: Bigger HUD gauges | 32bit libs for 64bit Ubuntu
----
Debian Packages (testing/unstable): Freespace2 | wxLauncher
----
m|m: I think I'm suffering from Stockholm syndrome. Bmpman is starting to make sense and it's actually written reasonably well...

Offline Lorric

OK, I've got a gameplay question:
Fleet: 2nd UGCR
First action: major, engage 2nd Zy
Second action: minor, move to Virgo
Since that fleet is moving out of the Aldebaran system with its second action, and is the only one doing so this turn, that means I can't go into the system as my first action due to the 3-fleets-in-one-system limit, correct?
I am leaving too:

Fleet: 2nd CRF
First action: Minor, Travel to Tauri
Second Action: Major, Engage 3rd Cordi Fleet
I am also hoping the 1st LSF will join me and the 4th SF in destroying the 3rd Cordi:

Fleet: 4th SF
First action: minor, move to Tauri
Second action: major, engage 3rd Cordi Fleet

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I scrolled down a bit too much and missed Lorric's move :P

Alright then, let's blast some Zy. RP will follow within the next few hours, depending on how busy I am.

Offline Lorric

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I scrolled down a bit too much and missed Lorric's move :P

Alright then, let's blast some Zy. RP will follow within the next few hours, depending on how busy I am.
Excellent. :)

If the Zy conquer us, do you think they'll be interested in this product?

Lizards do do a lot of basking in the sun after all... :nod:

Offline Flak

Unlike us, they need the heat rather than anything else, they are cold blooded afterall.  I don't think they are interested in suntanning, so that might as well work. I assume their ships have some kind of heater to compensate for their heat needs.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Nice.
So uh...which ship is the Rhino (I presume it is mod. Baikal).
If so, I understand the troubles getting it to work - they're mostly my (and PCS2's) fault, something about zero-radius subsystems and the missile launchers that don't like to cooperate. (and me being too much of an utter failure to discover and fix it)

Also,

Requesting formal naming of my admiral "Freyalis Elsperth Almereya" (you have no idea how long I took to keyboard-roll out a space-elfy name!)
Requesting formal renaming of my flagship from the current placeholder to Ataraxia.

:nervous:
Yeah its the Baikal, tho' with a shield mesh and a somewhat different turret layout (but you noticed that already).
The missile launchers were indeed kind of a pita, the "wait for animation" flag seemingly does nothing and the doors wanted to close again right the moment the missile had left the bay. It took a lot of fiddling and trial and error.

Unlike us, they need the heat rather than anything else, they are cold blooded afterall.  I don't think they are interested in suntanning, so that might as well work. I assume their ships have some kind of heater to compensate for their heat needs.
I now can't shake this image of a group of Zy all bunched up around this one small heater, shivering.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

I now can't shake this image of a group of Zy all bunched up around this one small heater, shivering.
Don't shake it, make it! :lol:

AdmiralRalwood, Admiral MS lemme know here what traits you wanna pick for your promotion (Both of you have admiral in your name, it seemed fitting)
Made my decision: I will be an Inspirational leader. With the Hierarchy now really aiming to destroy our fleets I can expect some heavy moral shocks that otherwise might prove disastrous.
Here goes scripting and copy paste coding
Freespace RTS Mod
Checkpoint/Shipsaveload script

Offline Lorric

Hey everyone. I’m back. :)

I wish to begin with something very important:
Fleet: 1st UGCR
First action: Major, Resupply
Second Action: Minor, Travel to Polaris
Andrew, I’ve seen the post you made, you want to support Tauri. But there is plenty of support heading to Tauri:
Fleet: 2nd CRF
First action: Minor, Travel to Tauri
Second Action: Major, Engage 3rd Cordi Fleet
Fleet: 4th SF
First action: minor, move to Tauri
Second action: major, engage 3rd Cordi Fleet
I am also hoping the 1st LSF under SpardaSon21 will join me and the 4th SF in destroying the 3rd Cordi. The cordi will die if all three of us engage.

Andrew, regardless of what you do, you do not need to skirt all the way around the back. You can pass straight through Alderbaran to get to Tauri and vice-versa.

What I would advise is to stay where you are and resupply and then re-hire your mercs. Then next turn you’ll be able to enter Aldebaran pretty close to full strength and make an impact.

Oh, and here I can see an opportunity to make a slight improvement:
Fleet: 3rd SF
First Action: Major - Attack 1st Hertak Fleet
Second Action: Minor - N/A
The turn will end with three fleets in Draco and one fleet in Hydra. You could use that second action to go to Hydra.

Alright, next, here’s something I’ve noticed:
Fleet: 1st SF
First Action: None
Second Action: Minor, Travel to Librae
DJ has outsmarted me here, and I’m glad he did. I would have had him flee on the first turn and Resupply, thinking the 3rd Cordi would be out of the picture and he’d survive a hit from the 1st Zy. But the 3rd Cordi will be destroyed on the second action, so would have got it’s shot in on the first and together with the 1st Zy would have destroyed him. So I’m very glad he did this, as I don’t feel confident that I would have noticed on my own. So well done DJ! Living up to that Commander moniker! :)

And finally I am most pleased to see that the Hertak attack is now go. WoD is full of scenes of the Hertak destroying our vessels. I can’t wait to see the footage of the boot being on the other foot! Hertak Armageddons exploding under our combined firepower, it’s going to be glorious! :nod:

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Only one Cyrvan fleet joins the fight? Who gives Droid his messages (promotions, next gen reinforcements and the like), Yaiceca?
Also, can we get a list of the Cyrvan ships making the fleet?
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Lorric

Only one Cyrvan fleet joins the fight? Who gives Droid his messages (promotions, next gen reinforcements and the like), Yaiceca?
Also, can we get a list of the Cyrvan ships making the fleet?
I'm thinking it must be Yaiceca now. Yaiceca is like those girls that talk to us methinks. I don't think she's with Droid's fleet.

I'm surprised we have any Cyrvan fleets. All the Cyrvans went home in WoD. But Spoon and Droid sprang this on us. Who knows who might show up later on...

Offline Lorric

I am sorry everyone. :(

I have just realised I made a pretty big mistake.

Remember this:
Alright, next, here’s something I’ve noticed:
Fleet: 1st SF
First Action: None
Second Action: Minor, Travel to Librae
DJ has outsmarted me here, and I’m glad he did. I would have had him flee on the first turn and Resupply, thinking the 3rd Cordi would be out of the picture and he’d survive a hit from the 1st Zy. But the 3rd Cordi will be destroyed on the second action, so would have got it’s shot in on the first and together with the 1st Zy would have destroyed him. So I’m very glad he did this, as I don’t feel confident that I would have noticed on my own. So well done DJ! Living up to that Commander moniker! :)
Now this is good, it's preserved his fleet.

But it means we can't kill the 3rd Cordi, because he has to leave on his second action, and that means the three of us attacking the Cordi can't move in on the first...  :(

So the best we can do is smack up the 3rd Cordi and 2nd Zy.

Maybe switching from the 3rd Cordi to the first Zy would be a better move, I'm not sure, but it's probably too late to find out and then try to make it happen. So all I can say is I'm sorry.

EDIT: But that doesn't mean I'm not going to try.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:46:39 pm by Lorric »

Offline Lorric

Calculations made. It's too dangerous for me and Jellyfish to attack the 1st Zy. Attacking the Cordi is best. Switching to the Zy, I think we could survive the strongest possible return attack, but Jellyfish, with a slightly weaker capital strength than me could be reduced to 3% capital strength. That's too small a margin if my calculations are off. We'll be safer attacking the Cordi.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 02:18:48 pm by Lorric »

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Something came up, next turn post will probably be on monday instead of sunday
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Lorric

Something came up, next turn post will probably be on monday instead of sunday
Oh well, thanks for the heads up. Good luck with whatever it is.

Offline Lorric

Spoon, do you have any idea how many fighters/fighter squadrons do you think would be attached to a fleet? In the RP thread, I noticed Lepanto has given himself a lot of squadrons. I wish to match his post, maybe it's not a lot, but I would have thought no more than 10 squadrons just guessing. There aren't many fighters floating around in your vids. I gave myself 30 capital ships because you said 30. At least I think you did. You said 50 for a very large fleet, I know that. And if a 150% fleet was 50, 30 would be close for a 100% one. Though I actually did 31 including my flagship.