Author Topic: Forum game: RP discussion thread  (Read 15947 times)

Offline Flak

Re: Forum game: RP discussion thread
Now I start to imagine the Empress have Jean Gilpin's voice as Skyrim's Elenwen and Boethiah.

Offline Veers

Spoon, Enioch. Fantastic job on that together...

but Enioch, you tricksy little Admiral you! :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 09:13:42 pm by Veers »
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
Delest Dynasty is based off a bunch of Asian countries and Russia, isn't it? If so, what "gender" are their ships? Almost everywhere in the world they are "female", but not in Russia.
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Enioch

• Alternative History Word Writer
It's based on the name. All ships have their own character.  :D

Katyusha is a motherly female (think Russian matron character). Anastasia, her sister-ship is a prim and proper *****, and very high-maintenance. The Volga is also a girl - but a genki gun nut (the only thing that is sure to work on the Volga 24/7 are her point defense batteries).

The Amour, on the other hand, is a stoic Russian male - probably the only ship in the 3rd that can still operate with half of his engine pods shot off. Engineers like to 'sweet-talk' him by pouring some vodka into his reactor. They claim it makes him go faster and the atomized alcohol gives the ship a unique and very pretty golden hue in its thruster fumes.

We'll have to see about the ex-2nd HG ships. Chongmingdao gives the impression of a Yamato Nadeshiko without the 'steel sheathed in silk' part, but Kalazonitov has only been on her for like an hour. Most of them seem to go for the 'male dandy' archetype, though, to the great amusement of the 3rd fleet sailors.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:07:13 am by Enioch »
'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent'  -Salvor Hardin, "Foundation"

So don't take a hammer to your computer. ;-)

I haven't posted in RP for a while due to unfortunate amounts of university work, but I should be back for now.

I... Might have gone a bit overkill with this one though. Feel free to call me out on it if this is so. :p

(Also feel free to bug me about it if you feel something is wrong/bad about it too.)

Offline Lorric

I haven't posted in RP for a while due to unfortunate amounts of university work, but I should be back for now.

I... Might have gone a bit overkill with this one though. Feel free to call me out on it if this is so. :p

(Also feel free to bug me about it if you feel something is wrong/bad about it too.)
I like it.

Offline Lorric

So Lepanto, you've unleashed your new weapon.

I enjoyed the music again, and your portrayal of the Nordera. It happened again, the Orc music ran out just as I finished reading. :)

The other one still had plenty to go though.

Just a combat test I presume. We have no use for those piles of scrap the Nordera call ships.

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth

I enjoyed the music again, and your portrayal of the Nordera. It happened again, the Orc music ran out just as I finished reading. :)

Just a combat test I presume. We have no use for those piles of scrap the Nordera call ships.

Thanks.

Well, a Nordera ship would be useful for live-fire testing new Terran weapons (not that we'll have many more Nordera to fight, one way or another). Of course, nothing I RP will have any gameplay effect anyway.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:35:03 pm by Lepanto »
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Lorric

Thanks.

Well, a Nordera ship would be useful for live-fire testing new Terran weapons (not that we'll have many more Nordera to fight, one way or another).
You're welcome.

Yes, target practice is about all they'll be good for.

Don't tempt Spoon fate. There might be more yet...

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
As usual, good rp posts. I always enjoy reading them during breakfast
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Veers

Discussions for the RPs go here guys, and Lorric. My Admiral will have your Admiral for breakfast :P

(I'll RP your slap into my next post somehow, will be good. Although it was purely a message to 1st Fleet.)

:)
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline Lorric

Discussions for the RPs go here guys, and Lorric. My Admiral will have your Admiral for breakfast :P

(I'll RP your slap into my next post somehow, will be good. Although it was purely a message to 1st Fleet.)

:)
He he he. Well, the XO loosened up Lorric's jaw, so now's not the best time for him to be getting into fisticuffs. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing the slap! :D

Offline Lorric

Lepanto, are you leaving the door open there for Spoon to write a response? BTW, the Halo song stopped just as I finished reading it's section. I enjoyed reading that. :)

Offline Lepanto

• Believes in Truth
Lepanto, are you leaving the door open there for Spoon to write a response? BTW, the Halo song stopped just as I finished reading it's section. I enjoyed reading that. :)

Thanks.

If Spoon wants to, sure, but I just didn't want to finish that section without knowing if my RPing was good enough to earn me a free retreat. One way or another, I think I'm done with this section, though.
"We have now reached the point where every goon with a grievance, every bitter bigot, merely has to place the prefix, 'I know this is not politically correct, but...' in front of the usual string of insults in order to be not just safe from criticism, but actually a card, a lad, even a hero. Conversely, to talk about poverty and inequality, to draw attention to the reality that discrimination and injustice are still facts of life, is to commit the sin of political correctness. Anti-PC has become the latest cover for creeps. It is a godsend for every curmudgeon and crank, from fascists to the merely smug."
Finian O'Toole, The Irish Times, 5 May 1994

Blue Planet: The Battle Captains: Missions starring the Admirals of BP: WiH
Frontlines 2334+2335: T-V War campaign
GVB Ammit: Vasudan strike bomber
Player-Controlled Capship Modding Tutorial

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
That was good  :yes:
Get outta Sol you Britannian bastard  :p
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Omni-tool? Monomolecular film? For a second there I thought you'd mixed up your universes, Enioch. :P

But that was seriously a damn good RP post.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Enioch

Heh, thanks. Unless stated otherwise, everything is canon, that's my motto    :-P

EDITED for spellz.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:01:52 pm by Enioch »

Offline Lorric

Heh, I don't know where those things that DJ mentioned come from, so it was kind of confusing to try and visualise such things. But I'd been hoping we'd get some more time with Olga, so nice to see this. And you've covered several turns of action, so well worth waiting for. Oh, and you make us start to care about Petrovich, then you kill him? You sick bastard! :lol:

It's kind of strange to see your all-conquering fleet in trouble, you've had 4 battles and every time a fleet has died, 1st Hertak, 2nd Zy, 3rd Hertak, 3rd Zy. And that should be 5/5 with the 4th Hertak. Big nasty fleet to kill big nasty fleets. Although you were just finishing off the 1st Hertak after others had worn that 150/150 juggernaut down. I guess you can perhaps count the 4th Nordera too for that kamikaze attack. Nice idea to make an RP post about that, unusual to see such "darkness" if you know what I mean, in WoD.

Angry Cordi. Lorric knows how to play that game and win. :pimp:

I guess the "Hospital Ship" Flagship will be back to being a flagship-flagship now with the resupplying.

I particualarly like how you describe the scene from the turn video with the fighters fanning out in perfect formation, I was impressed with that in the video myself.

Those poor Zy.

Hitachi amused me. :)

Xi Dao is cute, ha ha. Tanya must be a pretty one. I thought it was funny when he sat on his dataslate. :D

Enioch, I'm sorry I didn't comment on the big post you put together with Spoon, I fully intended to, but it just slipped by. Would you mind telling me how it was made? Did you and Spoon just decide to make a good RP post together, or did you have to pass some sort of test to get your shiny super fleet? Or did it just sort of come together on it's own? I enjoyed it a lot anyway. :)

Offline Enioch

Thanks, Lorric. The big post was made after a week or so of back-and-forth PMs. No particular test, I suppose - we just RP'd it and this is where we ended up.

EDIT: It's a war. Anyone can die. Fair warning.

Offline Lorric

Thanks, Lorric. The big post was made after a week or so of back-and-forth PMs. No particular test, I suppose - we just RP'd it and this is where we ended up.
You're welcome. And thanks.