Modding, Mission Design, and Coding > Help Wanted/Offering Help

random campaigngenerator

<< < (7/8) > >>

Nightmare:
To clarify this- wookieejedi basicly made a somewhat working campaign-generator, the thing that Bryan See and woutersmits just started planning, right?

Idea behind most TCs is, to my understanding, to port a universe to FS engine, so that other fans with ideas can come and turn their own ideas into campaigns. I know it's a bit different from what we see here at HLP, where the base mod includes a custom campaign.

The E:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on February 07, 2018, 10:47:00 am ---Thanks! At first I kinda figured, well I will start with a feature and see if I can get it to work. Then after a good amount of trial and error I would figure out a solution, then move on to the next feature. After many steps of that process I thought, 'well this might actually work.' Of course the story aspect is virtually absent, but my goal wasn't a story campaign, it's a set of re playable 'instant-action like' missions that are connected with persistent progress.

--- End quote ---

This is pretty much the best outcome you can hope for for a procedurally generated campaign.

wookieejedi:

--- Quote from: The E on February 07, 2018, 11:42:34 am ---
--- Quote from: wookieejedi on February 07, 2018, 10:47:00 am ---Thanks! At first I kinda figured, well I will start with a feature and see if I can get it to work. Then after a good amount of trial and error I would figure out a solution, then move on to the next feature. After many steps of that process I thought, 'well this might actually work.' Of course the story aspect is virtually absent, but my goal wasn't a story campaign, it's a set of re playable 'instant-action like' missions that are connected with persistent progress.

--- End quote ---

This is pretty much the best outcome you can hope for for a procedurally generated campaign.

--- End quote ---

Very true. Plus, I like the problem solving aspect of it all, so it's really just a fun pet project for me without any major grand plans.

--- Quote from: Nightmare on February 07, 2018, 10:59:20 am ---Idea behind most TCs is, to my understanding, to port a universe to FS engine, so that other fans with ideas can come and turn their own ideas into campaigns. I know it's a bit different from what we see here at HLP, where the base mod includes a custom campaign.

--- End quote ---

The HLP community is just too awesome  :lol: Seriously though, it's difficult to find a more friendly, open, and dedicated modding community then HLP.

Nightmare:

--- Quote from: wookieejedi on February 07, 2018, 11:46:03 am ---The HLP community is just too awesome  :lol: Seriously though, it's difficult to find a more friendly, open, and dedicated modding community then HLP.

--- End quote ---
That's true. :nod:

So even a random campaign generator might be fun for sometime, it can't replace the awesome content made here.

karajorma:
While I love the idea of making this sort of campaign generator, I should point out that the idea isn't actually that new.

Although getting it to release rather than dying in beta is another matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version