Author Topic: FPS?! [Split from RTS]  (Read 5031 times)

FPS?! [Split from RTS]
And for the hat trick we just need a FPS for boarding parties.  :lol: Nice work. :yes:
Did you hear that fellas? She says I have a Meritorious Unit.

Re: FPS?! [Split from RTS]
And for the hat trick we just need a FPS for boarding parties.  :lol: Nice work. :yes:
That would be friggin sweet :)

Anybody got experience in FPS modding ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 03:46:33 am by X3N0-Life-Form »

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There have been several FS FPS projects in the past, the latest one used the HL2 engine or something, but I dunno what happened to it.

Offline Raiden

• Vassago's Dirge fanboy
    • Ministry of Truth
It would have to be seriously ambitious to meet HLP's current standards I reckon. But would be damn cool. Only thing is I'm not sure there were many ground-based battles in Freespace were there?  Fighting Shivans on the ground could turn into Starship Troopers.
/logic/reason/faith/tradition/knowledge/rhythm/space/religion/
Currently Playing: Dead Space 3
Eagerly Awaiting: Titanfall
I write for god is in the tv. I blog at Ministry of Truth.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
There was Cygnus Prime.

I want to see how a Shivan is even capable of locomotion on the ground. They don't look like they do well with Gravity.

On that note, if there ever is an FS FPS, a lot of it will have to consist of fighting Vasudans and Terrans. Extended fights with Shivans seem horribly one sided

*Assuming such a game would be hardcore close to canon*

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I think that fighting Shivans would be possible if you'd have a squad and there'd be one at the time.
Or perhaps with the game's resident BFG.  :)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Vasudans

By Gaia, he's got a ****ing sword!

I think that fighting Shivans would be possible if you'd have a squad and there'd be one at the time.
Or perhaps with the game's resident BFG.  :)

[Command] GTVA R&D has just finished construction of the first prototypes of the Kayser Rifle, Marines. They'll be available for this next mission. [/Command]

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Well they did have hand-held ML-16s... :P

That would be friggin sweet :)

Anybody got experience in FPS modding ?

And now, I am imaging flying a Pyro GX around inside capital ships, fighting viral mining robots (don't ask why a mining robot is inside a starship, or why it has military grade weaponry, right?).

Self Destruct Sequence, activated! 

Edit:  That reminds me.  Nothing was more hillarious in Descent 2 then combining that code that gives guidebot missiles with the one that spawns MORE guidebots.  Especially as they tended to fire Mega Missiles at point blank.