Author Topic: I had a Freespace dream! Yay!  (Read 5060 times)

Offline Roanoke

I had a Freespace dream! Yay!
Originally posted by aldo_14
Cheaper than going to the professionals

you what you get when you pay peanuts...

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Originally posted by IceFire

Dreams tend to be idealized...so yeah...they rock :D

i had a dream about a really hot nude woman, but she had no breasts.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

About half a year ago, I had a weird FS dream. I recall how the 'm9' music files weren't used in the game. Anyhow, we were battling on a planet, protecting cargo, and losing greatly to Shivans. Music was playing in the background. Then when m9 started playing, they suddenly self destructed.

That was really wrong. :ick:
[V] for FS3!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I haven't had a dream about Freespace, but...

After coding for awhile, or really working with any sort of computer commands, my brain tends to get stuck trying to keep on translating what I want into C++ or Linux commands.

Most recently, this manifested itself in my brain trying to figure out how to send my brain into a sleep state. I vaguely remember lsing various directories and trying to work out problems with access privileges. :p

It's not pleasant at the time but sort of funny post facto.
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
I often dream that I'm at work, and everything that could go wrong, does go wrong, and everyone is expecting ME to solve all the problems.  At that point, I realize that I'm dreaming, and I go "This isn't real, there are no consequences, I'm outta here, YOU deal with it!"  It's quite gratifying doing that... even if it is just in a dream, that I know is a dream.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The only Freespace-related dream I've had involved myself standing on the bridge of an Orion and doing a classic evil-guy-laugh as it commenced orbital bombardment. I don't remember why. Only that I was. And the planet wasn't Earth, the continents were the wrong shape for that.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Drew

• http://www.galactic-quest.com
the last dream i remmeber having was back when i was like 7, and i remember it involving the pink power ranger
[(WWF - steroids + ties - spandex) / Atomic Piledrivers] - viewing audience = C-SPAN

My god.. He emptied the gasoline tank from the van onto your cat, lit him on fire, threw him in the house and dove for cover.  :wtf: Family indeed.  ~ KT

Happiness is belt fed.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
You dirty bas.........

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Originally posted by ngtm1r
The only Freespace-related dream I've had involved myself standing on the bridge of an Orion and doing a classic evil-guy-laugh as it commenced orbital bombardment. I don't remember why. Only that I was. And the planet wasn't Earth, the continents were the wrong shape for that.

Harbringer+Vasuda Prime=;7
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline Getter Robo G

• Elite Super Robot Pilot
LOL @ Drew,

You know I have that SAME dream (but you are not in it), and the odd thing is that I have it when I am awake and also I have it whenever they announce a new Power Rangers series... ;7
"Don't think of it as being out-numbered, think of it as having a WIDE target selection!"

"I am the one and ONLY Star Dragon..."
Proof for the noobs:  Member Search

[I'm Just an idea guy, NOT: a modeler, texturer, or coder... Word of advice, "Watch out for the ducks!"]

Robotech II - Continuing...
FS2 Trek - Snails move faster than me...
Star Blazers: Journey to Iscandar...
FS GUNDAM - The Myth lives on... :)

Offline mr.WHO

I had a weard dream that one deck of Arcadia looks like my house. Whole station was some kind of academy and I was a cadet. They order me to destroy an Orion with primaries and secondaries while Sathanas shoot at me with BFReds

Offline Beowulf

I have a harem in my mind every night.
Never Forget

"It is always better to avenge dear ones than to induldge in mourning. For every one of us, living in this world means waiting for our end. Let whoever can win glory before death. When a warrior is gone, that will be his best and only bulwark."
                               --Beowulf

"... and no, real life sex is not just a myth. You just need to come out of your house once every while..." ~Tiara

YeeeeHoooooh! is the mood of the day. :p

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Originally posted by Ai No Koriida

Harbringer+Vasuda Prime=;7

guess that makes 4 times now...
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Andreas

• Ai No Koriida
Originally posted by FireCrack

guess that makes 4 times now...

Think about it though, Harbringer has a payload of 5000 MT :eek:
That would propably slice our good ol' Luna in half.
"We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another." - Jonathan Swift
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
My dreams are really, really ****ed up. I don't usually remember them in detail, but the bits I do retain are usually very scary - not "argh! monsters!" scary, but :wtf: scary. Strange stuff goes on in my head...
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
that's how everyone's dreams are. creepy scary instead of boo! scary.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Cabbie

Originally posted by aldo_14
Dreaming about many nude women is better.

;7

Dreaming of  many beautiful nude women playing freespace with me is much better.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
Subconscious states tend to do intriguin things:
I had a dream where I was a Jedi, with a lightsaber and I once dreamt about being attacked by facehuggers(=spider-like creatures in the Alien universe).
I haven't had any FreeSpace or X-wing dreams so far.
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken