Author Topic: FS1: Silent Threat mission help needed  (Read 945 times)

FS1: Silent Threat mission help needed
   I'm having problems getting past the mission where the Krios is destroyed,
and me, & Beta Wing must protect the escape pods. The first time I played this
mission, I actually saved 3 pods, but I thought I had to save all, and just
restarted the mission.  :shaking:  Now I can't get past it at all. I've tried using a
walkthrough, but it's not detailed enough. Which enemy wings are gona target the pods,
so I know which fighters to concentrate on? Should I order all my wingman to protect
1 pod, or should I assighn 1 wingman to each pod? Should I be at the jump node as
soon as the Vidar jumps in to attack it? Should I disable it's weapons, or disarm it
to keep it from killing the pods as they approach. Really need help.
Biostar NF4UL-A9 (Nforce 4 Ultra)
Athlon64 3800+ Venice
2GB (4 x 512MB) Corsair DDR400 Dual Channel
Nvidia 7600GT PCI-e 256MB GDDR3
ESS 1938 Solo-1 PCI
80GB SATA II

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Re: FS1: Silent Threat mission help needed
Keep in mind that I've only managed to save all the pods once, and I've never been able to repeat it.

Recommended sequence:

-Keep wingmen by your side (formup) until Krios goes down
-order all fighters to "engage enemy"
-Take out a Loki yourself, then keep up with the pods in case a Loki slips by your wingmen.
-As enough of the Lokis go down, tell your wingmen, (wing by wing until all the Lokis are down) to formup on you, and then do maximum burn towards the jumpnode.
-Wait until you're close to the node, then call in support, fly to it and dock for rearm as fast as possible - (may be deleted if you're short on time)
-Fly towards the node (after a few tries, you should be familiar with the mission time when the cruiser shows up)
-When the cruiser arrives, order all fighters to engage the enemy, then order one wing to ignore the cruiser and the other to disarm it

You may lose most of the pods, but it should be enough to get you through the mission.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!