Author Topic: EA ships in mission 3 do not render...  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Starks

EA ships in mission 3 do not render...
They have funky textures.
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Re: EA ships in mission 3 do not render...
Sounds like a memory problem. Use a different CVS build for now if that's what your using.

Offline Starks

I'm using 1/10/06
Formerly of the Dark Wings and Legion of Apocalypse

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
We're stuck with Sept 2005 builds so I can't help you there.

I've noticed something similar with the 16/01/05 CVS build tested using our most recent content revisions. Mantised - LLivingLarge, please document your symptoms on Mantis bug 724 if your symptoms are similar from the ones I've documented there.

Or is this something completely different?

I have seen a problem like that, but it happens with Models Collisions, my situation (a rare one):

I set the Moon (3,600,000m Diameter) to collide the Earth (12,400,000m), however in exchange of colliding both dissapear, the model can be targetted but it's not there.......

I think that was a problem that I caused because of the Hi-Amounts of Coordinates, but it seems to not be then.......

If I order the Moon to collide my Ship (Kamikaze), the Moon 1st goes through me (rare not), but when it does a full loop, that time, yes it Collides me, and of course kills me.......

--------------------------------

It isn't related to a Mass Limit problem, both the Earth and Moon I made have Mass set to 2000..........(my models aren't set to "no_collide" and "navbouy", so are really like any other ship)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
That might be due to non Inferno builds not liking very large models as much.

Do Inferno Build has a Higher Limit for Model size?

The Coordinate limit is the same for Alpha 1 (Player Ship), it's at +700,000 from Initial Point, anyone else can go to the end of the universe.......that's really bad from Volition...........(give us back our freedom.....)

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
They're supposed to, originally FS Open builds wouldn't render anything more than 40km or so away, so anything bigger than a Juggernaught would start to vanish from a distance. I'm not sure what the ranges are now though. It's a Z Buffer limit that makes the models start to disappear after a certain distance.

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
In standard (non-Inferno) builds, you can still see Knossos 3 in "Into the Lion's Den" and that was 101 KM away.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
You couldn't in the past. Looks like the limit was changed then.

So, everyone you were with the old concept, all of you almost make me wonder, "um.....another thing that I break".

Before this question:

Do Inferno Build has a Higher Limit for Model size?

The Coordinate limit is the same for Alpha 1 (Player Ship), it's at +700,000 from Initial Point, anyone else can go to the end of the universe.......that's really bad from Volition...........(give us back our freedom.....)

I set the Earth with a Diameter of 12,400,000 m, and the Moon with a Diameter of 3,600,000, I place the Earth at Z +20,000,000, and the Moon as it should be at 400,000,000 m away from the Earth, that means 412,000,000 m.

I remember I take I screenshoot, the Moon can be seen, it's like a Big Star, but it's really far away, and everything was working OK..................

(Make a 3D Earth is really hard.......I understimate it........I would prefer the try of make a Ship Model........)