Author Topic: Where's Halo 2 PC?  (Read 6531 times)

Maybe they're just busy upgrading the game for it's release on PC?

...HAAHAAHAAA!

:lol:

If its anything like the first it wont be worth it, Halo was one of the dullest FPS's that I have ever played.

Nice to know that I'm not the only one in the world who thinks that way.

Whether or not I get the PC version depends on the multiplayer. If it's server-based like Halo CE was, then I'll get it. If it's something like XboxLive's Matchmaking system, I won't touch it (seriously what idiot first came up with the matchmaking system?).

Halo PC multiplayer is very enjoyable, since most of the preteen fanbois are now on XboxLive there isn't as much n00bishness, and more serious gamers.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Whether or not I get the PC version depends on the multiplayer. If it's server-based like Halo CE was, then I'll get it. If it's something like XboxLive's Matchmaking system, I won't touch it (seriously what idiot first came up with the matchmaking system?).

Halo PC multiplayer is very enjoyable, since most of the preteen fanbois are now on XboxLive there isn't as much n00bishness, and more serious gamers.

Wait... what? Matchmaking/party system should be standard.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

No.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

Double No.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Could you lads clarify the issue for someone who's never been on Xbox Live? What's so bad about 'matchmaking' compared to server selection.

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Nothing, really. It's just that the PC-based server selection system is better. I've only been on Xbox Live a few times, but as I understand it, you log in, join a match starting screen, then several other random people join. Unless you send an invite, it's all completely random - it's not like the PC, where if you have a favorite server you can play on it all the time by simply selecting it.
AFAIK anyway, I could be wrong.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
Nothing, really. It's just that the PC-based server selection system is better. I've only been on Xbox Live a few times, but as I understand it, you log in, join a match starting screen, then several other random people join. Unless you send an invite, it's all completely random - it's not like the PC, where if you have a favorite server you can play on it all the time by simply selecting it.

You are all wrong. You start out with a party - a group of friends or clan members - and from there, you all enter the matchmaking system where you find the best game for optimum performance and competition. And you all stay together during multiple ranked matches. Sure, you could go at it alone as described by UT, but that's not much fun. Furthermore, you can join individual custom matches, but they are not ranked.

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net

You are all wrong. You start out with a party - a group of friends or clan members - and from there, you all enter the matchmaking system where you find the best game for optimum performance and competition. And you all stay together during multiple ranked matches. Sure, you could go at it alone as described by UT, but that's not much fun. Furthermore, you can join individual custom matches, but they are not ranked.

What if I'd rather play someone that's much better than me?  That's how I've always learned in games, by playing someone much better than me.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?

My God, you sound like a freaking advert. The "best game for optimum performance and competition.". Wtf?
Inflammatory comment aside, what if I'm just a solo player who happens to like a certain crowd of people that play on a certain server - a very common thing. Sometimes you find a mature clan server and stick there because you get rid of most of the 13 year olds. I prefer choosing what server to join, not just getting stuck with a bunch of random people when I don't have a "party" to play with.

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
You can do that too...

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
I like playing on the same server as well, such as in cs:s as I start to get to know the other players there and sometimes people are fun to get to know, even if it's through a crude medium like video games.
I am a revolutionary.

For me, it's just that I have practically no control at all over which map I play on, or who I play with. Lousy.

Also, Halo 1 maps > Halo 2 maps, IMHO. Then again, I have the Custom Edition for PC, so I would think that.  :p
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Like pretty much all of the time, I agree with DH. The PC supports mods via Custom Edition ;) and the maps for PC are always better than the Xbox versions (plus, you typically get more on PC than you do on Xbox, 9 MORE!!! :D on Halo PC). Plus, you get options like only allowing default loadouts, viewing servers with only so much ping, organize by maps, organize by max number of people, the list goes on :eek:. It's always been easier to do it via PC, and I :doubt: that's gonna change.(especially because of mouse + keyboard).

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline Deepblue

• Corporate Shill
I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of the CMT stuff.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of the CMT stuff.

No co-op, though.  The only reason I bought Halo on Pc was that I expected a co-op patch (ok, I thought it might be fun and not run like a disembowelled dog in treacle, too), and that I missed said fun (from previous experience with Serious Sam)

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
I prefer to pick my own server to play on... I do wish that they had day/night variations of maps for FPS's... I always had more fun using NVG's in an otherwise-dark area...

If anyone ever played DF:BHD with TS, you know of the Radio mission where you have to go in with stealth and NVG's and out with a big bang and firefights.

It's really cool going through cities at night...
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

No co-op, though.  The only reason I bought Halo on Pc was that I expected a co-op patch (ok, I thought it might be fun and not run like a disembowelled dog in treacle, too), and that I missed said fun (from previous experience with Serious Sam)

Check out some Custom Edition maps. Using multiplayer they've created some co-op single-player maps.

|[===---(-         
    ||
 =(||==)_
    ||_____|
 =(||==)
    ||                   
    |[===---(-                             

"Take my love. Take my land. Take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me. Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back. Burn the land boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me. There's no place I can be since I've found Serenity. But you can't take the sky from me." - Ballad of Serenity

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
...I do wish that they had day/night variations of maps for FPS's... I always had more fun using NVG's in an otherwise-dark area...
Custom Edition...