Author Topic: Help. Endless spinning with joystick. (Windows 10 x64, using Knossos Launcher)  (Read 3568 times)

Help. Endless spinning with joystick. (Windows 10 x64, using Knossos Launcher)
Reinstalled Freespace 2, FSO and all the most bestest mods I can remember from my wee days as a lad through the Knossos Launcher. And for some reason I endlessly spin on the Z Axis no matter the mission or the mod. What can I do to fix this? I have a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick and as far as I can tell it's installed properly and I've made sure to calibrate it for my PC.

Even the best pilots can't fly in these conditions :(

Offline Novachen

• The one and only capella supernova
    • Twitter
Re: Help. Endless spinning with joystick. (Windows 10 x64, using Knossos Launcher)
Try to reconfigure your Roll and Absolute Throttle Axis in the game. These were switched with the introduction of SDL iirc.
Female FreeSpace 2 pilot since 1999.
Former Global moderator in the German FreeSpace Galaxy Forum.
Developer of NTP - A Multi-Language Translation Library Interface, which allows to play FreeSpace in YOUR Language.

Is one of my releases broken or not working? Please send a PM here, on Discord at @novachen or on Twitter @NovachenFS2, a public tweet or write a reply in my own release threads here on HLP, because these are the only threads i am still participating in.

Re: Help. Endless spinning with joystick. (Windows 10 x64, using Knossos Launcher)
Fixed, thanks for the help!

Offline Crazy_Ivan80

• Node Warrior
that was useful :)
It came from outer space! What? Dunno, but it's going back on the next flight!
Proud member of Hard Light Productions. The last, best hope for Freespace...
:ha:

Try to reconfigure your Roll and Absolute Throttle Axis in the game. These were switched with the introduction of SDL iirc.

how do you do that when the in game options don't have any joystick options. thanks.

Offline Davros

try running freespace2.exe select setup then go to the joystick tab and select your joystick
then go into the options of knossos and setup your joystick there as well
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 10:50:25 pm by Davros »