Author Topic: Remedy's New Game.  (Read 4460 times)

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
True. But I think the vast majority of people would agree that playing with other people > playing against AI.
That depends. I'd rather play against AI than generic retards the internet is full of. But with someone you know, is a different matter. And if they are in the same room, yay!.

That said. I value a good singleplayer (well thought single player with an interesting story) over multi any day. Playing multi in the net becomes repetitive and boring too soon. Some games are exeptions ofcourse. But the general rule is that when a game has a multiplayer mode, making it has taken too much effort from the plot, and thus the singleplayer is average at best.
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
True. But I think the vast majority of people would agree that playing with other people > playing against AI.

But you're making a crucial mistake here - the 'playing' part differs with control, which is what the key part is.  Yes, single player CoD is alw...some....can be less enjoyable than multiplayer, but if the control mechanics make it that much more fun, then it can wipe out that at a stroke.  It's like... there's, in theory, a threshold as to how much you can enjoy anything whether SP or MP; if the control system can raise that threshold sufficiently (and everything I've read has been glowing about the Wii in that regard), then it's far more important than MP.  Excluding split-screen multiplayer, etc, where it's always more fun than any online MP option.