Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 306907 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
GuP's "somebody ****ed up on the production team" ep 5.5 arrived. It's...not bad, but it's mostly a clipshow recap.

It was quite a nice recap actually. But then episode 6 rocked.
Apparently the rumors go that because of the **** up the series won't have enough tv time slots for all the episodes and will have the last episode released as an OVA. But we'll see.

Other than that, finishing up Strike Witches season 2. That fanservice episode was...  :wtf:

Poor little Neuroi bug. What a way to go after such an adventure.
Habeeb it...

Finished Index season 1. Going to start Railgun now (I know a lot of it is filler, but dammit, it has Misaka in it!). Definitely buying Index's dub when it hits shelves in a couple of months (and, Funi, you'd better release a Railgun dub, too!).

Based on comments like this... I just finished Railgun, myself. On the subject of "filler", one of the things I really liked is how they actually tied all the little things together into the big climactic conflicts. And that is one of the best finales I've ever seen.
Index next!

Well, I'd only heard that it had a lot of filler. After watching it myself, I disagree with it being "filler". It definitely has good plotlines and all of them were penned by the light novels' author anyway, so, not filler.

And yes, that finale was incredible. Remind me to never make someone nicknamed "The Railgun" angry.

Incidentally, Index's story starts a couple of in-universe months after Railgun ended, IIRC. Railgun's recently-announced season 2 will take place during the first few episodes of Index season 1.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

A Certain Magical Spoiler:
Spoiler:
So if Academy City can clone a nigh-infinite number of Misakas, each one powerful enough to turn a wind turbine just by being near it... Why bother with the turbines? Just hook up a few sisters to generators for a few MWh per day and you have unlimited cheap energy! Plus jobs for almost 10000 clones.

Anyway, next up: Girls und Panzer (as episodes are subbed), and I'm not sure what else, maybe Shangri-La.

Spoiler:
So if Academy City can clone a nigh-infinite number of Misakas, each one powerful enough to turn a wind turbine just by being near it... Why bother with the turbines? Just hook up a few sisters to generators for a few MWh per day and you have unlimited cheap energy! Plus jobs for almost 10000 clones.

Spoiler:
Aleister wants the Sisters for something else... something much greater in scope. It's kind of complicated; it involves AIM Fields and the Imaginary Number District. Exactly what he's up to hasn't been revealed yet as far as I know (I've been reading the novels, which go a bit more in-depth, but I'm still not sure what his ultimate goals are).
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Ghostavo

• Let it be glue!
    • Twitter
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Aleister wants the Sisters for something else... something much greater in scope. It's kind of complicated; it involves AIM Fields and the Imaginary Number District. Exactly what he's up to hasn't been revealed yet as far as I know (I've been reading the novels, which go a bit more in-depth, but I'm still not sure what his ultimate goals are).

Spoiler:
Aleister wants to spread the AIM field around the world, which is why he spread those clones across the organizations friendly to academy city, recreating what he's accomplishing in academy city on a worldwide scale. That is, he wants to artificially create heaven. As a side effect, every magician that did magic inside such a field would basically be commiting suicide.
"Closing the Box" - a campaign in the making :nervous:

Shrike is a dirty dirty admin, he's the destroyer of souls... oh god, let it be glue...

I knew that much. Don't know what his next step is after that.

Or is that his ultimate goal? The novels make this very unclear.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
GuP really does not want to show us the Tiger.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Better keep the Tiger well hidden for suspense... and I think rumours are that it's the Tiger (P)
Habeeb it...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Better keep the Tiger well hidden for suspense... and I think rumours are that it's the Tiger (P)

It's still a Tiger, even if it has that unsightly rear deck.

A Feddie Story

Been watching the dub of Index, which just arrived.

Pretty good dub in most respects. Only slip so far is Kuroko referring to Misaka as "Sissy" (though, to be fair, "Oneesama" is a really tricky term to translate well). The dialogue flows really well and the voices are good fits, if different from the Japanese version.

My only complaint is with Accelerator. It's not that he's bad... no his dub voice is pretty good. But Austin Tindale just cannot do psychotic laughter like Okamoto can. Accelerator doesn't come off as nearly as unhinged as he did in the Japanese version. Which is a shame.

Haven't yet seen Last Order's English voice work. It will be... very interesting to see how they translated her bizarre speech patterns.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
My delivery of the full DVD sets of Ghost in the Shell and Gurren Lagann arrived on the weekend. I started GitS last night, and I'm very impressed with what I've seen so far. Granted, it's the first "serious" anime I've watched, so that might be part of the reason for that. :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I've concluded the writers of Girls und Panzer are just dicks to their protagonists. The team we saw fielded for Black Forest for the last championship would have been a fight worth watching, but they decided to ramp up the "you're screwed" factor by upgrading them from Tigers and Panzer IIIM to Panthers, Jagdpanzer IV/70s, a KT, a Tiger, a Ferdinand/Elefant, and just as a last "**** you" a JagdTiger.

Now the outcome of the Championship match is going to be merely silly. The 3M and Tiger team could have been evenish with Oorari's mix-and-match all-stars.

A Feddie Story

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Yea the sheer amount of both armor and firepower is ridiculous. But who cares if they can make it to be entertaining. Too bad that we need to wait for March before we get the final episodes.
Though I'm actually pleased that we got the 5,5 and will get 10,5 (apparently I guess...). Sure they are recaps but as long as there are at least some new audio or video material I'm happy.

I'd still like to have Anzu as my gunner in every tank of mine in WoT. Though Hana is fine too.
Habeeb it...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
I've been watching Pumpkin Scissors. It seems pretty cool, but now I think I've hit the filler, so idk.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
I've decided to be bummed the '90s are over because after watching a Bubblegum Crisis clip, I have a terrible urge to see Priss Asagiri perform "Marry the Night".

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Bah haaaaaaaaaaaa!

I recognised not a single reference. In my day it was all Akira, Venus Wars, Robotech and Guyver!

* Dekker reclines in rocking chair and nods off under his blanket.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Bah haaaaaaaaaaaa!

I recognised not a single reference. In my day it was all Akira, Venus Wars, Robotech and Guyver!

You really missed out, tbh. You would have liked 2033's Sylia, I think.

But this was really early '90s, the original BGC dates to 1987 if I remember correctly.

And of course I'm referring to the modern Lady Gaga "Marry the Night".

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
again psycho pass = win, last episode was flawless.
el hombre vicio...

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
World of Girls Und Panzer

This amuses me slightly too much.

A Feddie Story