Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305214 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/13/6969371/entire-gundam-franchise-coming-to-america-first-time
Big gundam news, hasn't had a US distributor for a while.

G no Reconguista is pretty good so far, they certainly are moving it along at a good pace.

Build Fighters Try is full of the usual Build Fighters BS, but it looks like it'll be fun.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes keeps playing with my heart.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
LoGH is goddamn amazing.

... Pokemon

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Tokyo Ghoul.

I get that this kid is experiencing an existential crisis of frankly unimaginable proportions, but the constant sobbing is really starting to irritate me.  Hopefully that gets better.  The rest of it is pretty good.

Offline Turambar

Tokyo Ghoul.

I get that this kid is experiencing an existential crisis of frankly unimaginable proportions, but the constant sobbing is really starting to irritate me.  Hopefully that gets better.  The rest of it is pretty good.

Sounds like he needs a certain green-haired individual to slap him across the face until he stops whining.

On-topic, finished Legend of the Galactic Heroes, am most of the way through Fist of the North Star.

Sword Art Online season 2 part 2 was fun because they all had fun playing a game and nobody got raped.

Gundam G no Reconguista continues to move really fast.  Main Character finally got taken down a peg and may be a bit less happy-go-lucky in the next couple episodes.  Weird brain damaged girl is still weird.

Gundam Build Fighters continues to lay on the robot fanservice and also other kinds.

And of course Naruto is in the middle of a totally out of hand power escalation battle, so that's fun.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 08:56:02 am by Turambar »
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats

Offline LHN91

What did you think of LOGH?

Offline Turambar

It was fantastic, and will forever change the way I play Total War games.  I actually quite enjoyed the 'lame' episodes where Julian was going from one place to another and got all the backstory on what happened to humans in their period of space expansion. 

Watching the Rosenritter going on their axe rampages never got old, of course.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Completely-impractical SPACE AXES are the greatest things ever.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Gundam G no Reconguista continues to move really fast.  Main Character finally got taken down a peg and may be a bit less happy-go-lucky in the next couple episodes.  Weird brain damaged girl is still weird.

Gundam Build Fighters continues to lay on the robot fanservice and also other kinds.

And of course Naruto is in the middle of a totally out of hand power escalation battle, so that's fun.

G-Reco feels a true Tomino ride. Things happen, more things happen, people act retarded, people get killed just like that... and more people act retarded. But it's kind of entertaining when you have gotten used to it.

GFB-T where the true fun is at. Wednesday is one of the best days of the week. :yes

Well Naruto manga just got its final chapters (so far... let's see what the future holds if the spin offs get popularity). So watching the anime has gotten a slight nostalgia boost, even if it's not THAT far behind. But the upcoming movie is what I'm really waiting for. Damn.
Habeeb it...

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Thanks to netflix and laziness, I started avatar today. Will probably get to watch  three episodes before the pressures of my Afghanistan rescue dog wanting to go for a walk AKA "listen to me asking to go out, or I'll place my teeth on your foot and increase the pressure til you stand up" convince me to leave the house.

Also full metal alchemist? Brotherhood?
Is that the normal one? Never watched that either...
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Apparently, Brotherhood follows the manga almost to the letter, whereas the original goes and does its own thing after a while. But ive not seen it, so dont quote me on that
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Apparently, Brotherhood follows the manga almost to the letter, whereas the original goes and does its own thing after a while. But ive not seen it, so dont quote me on that
Yup, that's pretty much it, although it is worth noting that Brotherhood goes really fast over the parts that have already been covered by the first anime. That being said, both are pretty good, so if you've got the time, I recommend watching both.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
That being said, both are pretty good, so if you've got the time, I recommend watching both.

One more sign to this recommendation,
Habeeb it...

Offline NeonShivan

• Previously known as BTA
  • By the Omnisiah's grace.
Finished through Fairy Tail's most recent set of english dubs

Sting's english voice actor, I feel is a pretty good choice...not a big fan of Rogue's however.

Michael from Rooster Teeth seems to fit the role rather well imo, but we'll see how well he does in the Grand Magic Games Arc when that rolls around.
In German even the most beautiful love letter sounds like an execution order -Mito

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \ All the Single Ladies

( •_•)
\(  (>
  /  \ All the Single Ladies

(•_•)
 <)  )/
 /  \  Oh Oh Oh

Author of Dusk Wars - A modification for Freespace 2.

Has anyone been following Cross Ange? I just saw episode 9 and WOW. There are some scum need culling in there.
A story like the previous one never existed...

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I must say that I can't remember the last time I've waited a movie to come out as much as I am waiting for The Last Naruto movie.
Habeeb it...

Offline Turambar

Build Fighters season 2 had its first good episode today!  Hooray!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I want moar knights of Cydonia :/
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Hellzed

Same here !

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
I look forward to Gundam: The Origin.

Need to catch up on Fate/Stay Night UBW.

And I bit the bullet and purchased the Senran Kagura anime. I still don't exactly "like" the series, but I do have to admit I like the brawling action and blatant stupidity and honesty in fanservice. It's one of the few genres that knows and glorifies its subject matter. Ninja's and boobs. Copious ass kicking, exactly everything that the Ye Olde Guard gaming media abhors 'cause they don't have a single tolerant bone in their bodies xP.

Prudes have the knickers in a bind? By media that makes them want to run into their Victorian caves even further!

Now, to see if I can tolerate the dubbing. While my distaste with dubbing stems from a childhood actually watching satellite TV Taiwanese and Japanese media (my preference is for media in its native tongue or subtitles), Funimation is sorta infamous with its hit/miss approach. The one thing I hate is really bad dubbing that has no effort, my favorite example of terrible dubbing done right is Maizenkaiser SKL.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.