Author Topic: RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I  (Read 24459 times)

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Re: RELEASE: Rogue Intentions Episode I
Thanks for the help guys.  I'm gonna try rolling back to the older FSO build first.  Hope that fixes things.
I'm suprised I didn't get beamed... *Warps out before the shot is fired*
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
:welcome:

damn, it missed.  Since he jumped out though, we can court martial him.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Tyrian

• Dangerous When Thinking
Lol, I ask for help and get arrested...Nice hospitality. 
Thanks for the new build.  It fixed things up nicely.  Good ending too, makes you wonder what's going to happen next.  All-in-all, two thumbs up.
Want to be famous?  Click here and become a playing card!!!

Bush (Verb) -- To do stupid things with confidence.

This year, both Groundhog Day and the State of the Union Address occurred during the same week.  This is an ironic juxtaposition of events--one involves a meaningless ritual in which we look to a creature of little intelligence for prognostication, while the other involves a groundhog.

Bumper stickers at my college:
"Republicans for Voldemort!"
"Frodo failed.  Bush got the Ring."

Resistance is futile!  (If < 1 ohm...)

"Any nation which sacrifices a little liberty for a little security deserves neither and loses both." -- Benjamin Franklin

Sig rising...

Offline Nuclear1

Spoiler:
I got this exact same problem, except Command told me to depart after the last Vasudan freigter wing warped out. I personally watched then all warp out too, I even destroyed the last remaining fighters before jumping, I get mission succeeded and failed debriefengs, and FS wouldn't let me accept.
*Cries* And it was so fun up till then. (Yay! Nav buoy game!)
Good ending too, makes you wonder what's going to happen next.  All-in-all, two thumbs up.

Glad you all are enjoying it so far. :) I'm currently half-way finished FREDing Episode 2, and after I'm done with the second half and after playtesting, it should be ready to go.

Ferret, Mefustae, and everyone else who's having issues with Mission 8: I'm still trying to work out a solution to getting that freighter bug fixed, but without any of the post-3.5.5 (my FRED build) features to aid me, I seem to be rather limited in trying to find a solution to this. However, I promise that I will find an answer, even if I have to get a little creative in getting there.

Also, SCP team: Thanks for working out the technical bugs. As a person with little technical expertise of the game, it's a huge help.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 06:18:21 pm by nuclear1 »
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline pyro-manic

• Flambé
I'm getting a crash to desktop when clicking start mission for the third mission. No error messages or anything. Using Goober's 20050722 build...
Any fool can pull a trigger...

Good campaign, I enjoyed it up to mission 8, where I also get the Vasudan freighter bug and consquently the mission succeded and failed messages.
Like the others, I cannot continue so I hope you get a fix soon.

:@

Offline Nuclear1

Hmm. I'm almost tempted to just suggest those SCP having issues with 8 to use -allslev to get past the bug and finish the campaign.

Next two days. Give me two days, and I'll give you all something to be thankful for.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.

Offline Nuclear1

First post updated. Then again, if you don't want to scroll up to it, click here for a fixed-up Mission 8. The freighter bug shouldn't be a problem anymore, hopefully.

Offline Annorax

• Wistful General
    • Steam
That fixed mission file goes in fs2/data/missions, right?

Offline Nuclear1

If you're not using the -mod feature, yes. Otherwise, stick in the Freespace2/RogueEp1/data/missions folder.

Offline Nuclear1

Alright, anyone who's actually played this, I need opinions/comments. I'm working on two follow-ups to this first part, one featuring the same characters, another a completely different set.

The thing is that I really need opinions as to which character from Episode I was anyone's favorite or if there are any characters that didn't seem to get enough attention (except the Vasudan character; since he only showed up in the second-last mission, this is understandable). So, any opinion as to who should be developed further is welcome.

Sorry I didn't get this comment in sooner.  I enjoyed the campaign, and wouldn't mind if the second installment had the original characters, as I'm kind of interested in what happens to them next.

only one problem with the missions:

In the mission in which you defend the beam cannons, twice I've managed to have one or more of the ships in Theta wing become disabled.  They could not jump out, nothing else happened for the rest of the mission, and it never ended.

Where can I download this campaign?  The link you have goes to some other web page, no download.

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Are the links correct?
I moved to another site...
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Nuclear1

The files were hosted on GTD Bastion, but since it went down, so did the files. I'll see what I can do about getting them hosted elsewhere later today. :)

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
i'm waiting for ya.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline rbxplayer

• A bit tight with RL at the moment
Nuclear the links are still down... I am dying to play the campaign... Will it work on 3.6.10?
Ijja l-mewt li taghmilna bnedmin jew l-imhabba?

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
*Demands link*
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
The files were hosted on GTD Bastion, but since it went down, so did the files. I'll see what I can do about getting them hosted elsewhere later today. :)

e-mail them to me and they'll be up in no time.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Links please!