Author Topic: Release: 3.6.12 Final  (Read 225743 times)

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
wolfen, put the 3.6.10 mediavps in a folder named mediavps in your FS2 folder.  Derelict is already set up to depend on them being in that location, and then other mods can use them too.  Otherwise you'll have to be putting them in every mod folder, and you don't want to do that :P
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Yea that's what I'm gonna do, I just put them in the Derelict folder to test 3.6.12r_INF to se eif it would fix teh problem, now there's no difference between any of the 3.6.12's I run :) and changing the mod INI in Derelict to 3612 mad actually made the graphics look a little better than the 3.6.10 media vp's do. I've finished testing each on every mod I have and so far everything is running better than ever.
All vista problems can be corrected, by upgrading to XP

Hey chief has anybody done this yet :)  : 

I put the MV_Maxmium_3612 files in the Derelict folder and it was like the difference between night and day :)
Got the 3.6.10's in a mediavps folder, so I can run the fsport, but dam Derelict never looked like this before :)
or did I finally do something right LOL

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, you did something very, very wrong. Wolfen, read the installation instructions for the mediavps. Follow them.

DO NOT put the mediavps 3.6.12 files in a folder that is NOT called mediavps_3612. Unless you know what you are doing, you WILL have problems.

If you want to play Derelict with the new mediavps, you need to alter the Derelict mod.ini (I told you how a couple posts ago).

EDIT: For tone.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:06:11 pm by The E »
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Easy there The_E.

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
With new build and new mediavps i have only  20-25fps how is that and that is at the best score so far.
I can`t beat iceni mission for SOC in retail campagn, beem rays sometimes froze my computer to 1fps,new BP:WiH is  almost unplayable in 5 frame per second. (probably because steve-O models are badly optimized )
My rig is not new it is old, but i can play modern game with no problem at all (except Arma II) and FS is not that good lookin to be so demanding for hardware juice.
There will be any optimalization in the future?

Athlon 4000 2.6Mhz
4gb kingston
HD 4850
Win 7.
What if ?

Offline Topgun

lol, 2.6 mhz.
you must be doing something wrong to get that bad fps.

Offline utops

• rip: microprose,black isle, troika.
Ops, 2.6Ghz
I don`t know what goes wrong. I simply update everything to the newest stable releases and then run the game as usually do - by launcher. Debug log is clean, no warning messages. When game loads up the SCP universe is smooth like bald dog on northpole or smth, 2.6.10 build and mediavps works fine for me, 2.6.12 eats my rig on breakfast and i really don`t see why...
What if ?

Offline Topgun

try updating your video drivers.

No, you did something very, very wrong. Wolfen, read the installation instructions for the mediavps. Follow them.

DO NOT put the mediavps 3.6.12 files in a folder that is NOT called mediavps_3612. Unless you know what you are doing, you WILL have problems.

If you want to play Derelict with the new mediavps, you need to alter the Derelict mod.ini (I told you how a couple posts ago).

EDIT: For tone.

It is set to 3.6.10 like you told me here is a copy of my mod ini file

[launcher]
modname      = MediaVPs 3.6.10;
image255x112 = FSU-MVP.bmp;
infotext     = Freespace II - MediaVPs 3.6.10;
website      = http://www.hard-light.net/;
forum        = http://www.hard-light.net/forums;

[multimod]
primarylist  = ;
secondarylist = ;

But just having those media vp's in there seems to make Derrlict run way better, smoother, and faster.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
*Sigh*

Okay, step by step again.

1. Put all the 3.6.12 mediavps files in a folder called mediavps_3612
2. Go to your derelict directory.
3. Open up the mod.ini there.
4. Alter the secondarylist line to "secondarylist = mediavps_3612;"
5. Enjoy Derelict with the new mediavps.
6. READ INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.
7. Read this thread

wolfen, unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, DO NOT deviate from the official install instructions. They are there for a reason, that reason being that we (speaking as a member of both FSU and SCP here) cannot guarantee that everything will work correctly if you get creative. In my time working on the support board, I have seen more than enough issues caused by people who, like you, thought that they could ignore those instructions.

If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

trust me E I'm not ignoring instructions on purpose, I set everything back exactly like it was, when you first told me how to get it right.
I don't EVER want to alter anything in Freespace because I'm as good at coding and stuff as a cat is at driving a car.
Right now I have everything EXACTLY as your post says to, and the 3.6.12.INI is running fine on every mod, FSport is running perfectly running FS1
But me being me when  extracted the MV_Maxium3612's into the wrong folder, by mistake.

Oh and I forgot to say the reason the secondary wasn't set to 3.6.12 like you said in my mod ini is that I probably forgot to hit save when I closed it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 05:00:54 pm by wolfen »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I went on vacation right after the 3.6.12 release explosion, so I've only just gotten the whole thing up and running.  I started in on the first few missions of BP:AoA (need a replay before I sink my teeth into WiH), and I noticed that a whole bunch of the sound effects and voices had some massive clipping going on, almost to the point of causing pain.  I poked around the launcher, and I discovered that the sound device had been set to "Generic Hardware;" changing it to "Generic Software on *insert card here*" did the trick.  Just thought I'd throw that out there in case someone else runs into the same issue. :)

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
That's never just changed for me, but the 5.5f card detection has been upgraded to better detect your OpenAL devices, so there's a chance I guess it might get swapped around on you.  Good for Support gurus to know about that.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

All I got is the  voice that comes with Vista, or what ever has been put in Freespace, and so far the generic software is working fine,  My main problem is setting my old M/S Sidewinder right to fly around in Freespace.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I have a Sidewinder Precision Pro, and all I have to do is set the absolute throttle axis.  Everything else is good with defaults for me.

That's what mine is but its so worn that sometimes it'll flicker a little. I love the stick though does everything I need and want but I do need to replace it someday.

Oh and ya want something really sweet set the monitor to 1440 X 900 if your supports that res, THAT makes everything look even better at 75 Hrz

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Being optical, it shouldn't really flicker.  Those should be some of the longest lasting joysticks you'll ever find.  The buttons should die before the axis detection craps out.

The only problem I had recently was one of the wires on the movement sensor came un-soldered, I had to disassemble it and re-solder it into place.  While doing so, the spring in the sticks's base popped free and shot the cover off so hard it cut my face :p

I don't think mine is a electrical or optical problem, I think mine is just worn out, I got it second hand to start with and flew three years in CFS with it, and trust me flying a Hellcat over Midway against 3 or 4 zeros is pure wear out hell on the mechanical parts of any joystick LOL, But if this old girl does die i have a Logitech attack 3 so I can set the left two buttons for what the rudder control does now :)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That's never just changed for me, but the 5.5f card detection has been upgraded to better detect your OpenAL devices, so there's a chance I guess it might get swapped around on you.  Good for Support gurus to know about that.
The weird thing about it is that there are two "Generic Hardware" entries listed, one just by itself and one with the name of my sound card in it, and both produce the undesired effects.  The "Generic Software" option with my sound card listed is the only one in the clear.