Author Topic: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread  (Read 304224 times)

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Re: RELEASE: 3.6.10 Media VPs
Just so long as it has a fish tank in it.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
At the Herc 1's sides. Your shots can bypass the shields. Mostly seen in ToF when you have to test their shields, but you can see that as well when flying a Herc 1, as some shots bypass the shields... Makes the Herc 1's shielding semi-useless. Has it been fixed? Cause it feels like it's not.

It's pretty funny to blow a fully-shielded Herc up with an ML-16. I've set ship-guardian-threshold on those ships in my development build of that mission so it won't happen again. :lol:

But uh, yeah, that could stand to be fixed.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
After spending an hour shooting at a MediaVP Herc 1, there are no holes in the shield mesh that allow a Subach or ML-16 to penetrate through to the hull.

The only time shots hit the hull is when the shield quadrant became low enough to allow a hit to be possible.

So, if those shields are evaporating too fast in a campaign/mission, check the tables and mission to see if the shields are weakened.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Does your Subach do no shield damage? :wtf: Eventually they'll break through even a Seraphim's shielding in around five seconds...

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Confirming Zacams test result, just not after a whole hour of testing (now that's dedication! ;) )

You guys may be using an older, corrupt or just different POF in your cases.

Or...reading your posts again have you actually encountered this with 3.6.10 data or are these old results?
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline ShadowGorrath

• Not funny or clever
Older. But it gets hull damage for me on SAH while on full shields from Terran Turrets.

Offline sfried

Hey guys...is your Revelation ambient track working properly? A long while ago I noticed that it resets after a few seconds. Are you experiencing the same problem?
A couple of tracks are not looped properly in the high quality mv_music.vp.

Yes. It would be nice if it was fixed.

Well, actually, what would be nice is if the entire music table system was overhauled to make it less silly in general but there's more important things for the SCP to be worrying about.
I agree. The FMVs could also use some remastering as well.

Well, I took the initiative.  :pimp:
>RevelationAmb-mus.tbm

Uh...where do I stick that?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 08:25:02 pm by sfried »

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1

mediavps/data/tables/

Offline sfried

mediavps/data/tables/
Thanks.

So aside from the Sathanas beam glitch fix, is this the only thing else that should be on the mediavp folder?

Offline blowfish

Besides the actual VPs themselves :P

Online Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Since attachments are deleted after a while, I thought it was the case to post the content of the .tbm here and re-attach the file:

Code: [Select]
;
; RevelationAmb-mus.tbm
;
; Fixed Revelation Ambience track loop
#SoundTrack Start
$Soundtrack Name: 7: Revelation
+nocreate
$Normal 1: FS2_Amb_E01.ogg            28.0 176000
#SoundTrack End

#Menu Music Start

#Menu Music End

I'm replacing the old attachment with the content of the .tbm.

On a side note...I decided to play the main FS2 campaign with the new MVPs and found out a few, debatable things. I'm not here to criticize the GTD Carthage's replacement and such...I want to discuss the presence of ship prefixes in names. Canonically, they're not widely used in FS2 and I don't see the point in adding them now.

In the first mission, it was weird to me to read this:

GVD Psamtik
GVD Hatshepsut

NTCv Belisarius
NTCv Deimos

I like the fact that the FSU team has added proper Alt Names, though.

[attachment deleted by admin]
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline sfried

It's March.

Should this current build (5078, or maybe we should say 5068 and up) of FS0 3.6.10 be finalized (i.e classify as "stable") as the official release? It seems enough bugs have been squashed and performance is leaps and bounds better than what it was 3 months ago thanks to Taylor's fixes. All they have to do is inlcude the music_vp with the correct tables and such along with the Sathanas beam fix. Or are we still waiting for the new models?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 12:19:44 am by sfried »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The latter is very possible.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Because of this discussion, I decided to create another mvp torrent. This includes mv_complete, mv_music, the mod.ini and the readme. It can be downloaded here.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
sfried, your post seems a bit confused.  The MediaVPs and the SCP executable are two different entities.  They don't necessarily have to be released at the same time.  To my knowledge though, the MediaVP team would like to wait until the SCP build is finalized so there aren't any last minute surprises before releasing the next update.  Also, as stable as the SCP build has become, there's still a couple of issues that some coders are working on right now that probably need to be ironed out before a release.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Narvi

sfried, your post seems a bit confused.  The MediaVPs and the SCP executable are two different entities.  They don't necessarily have to be released at the same time.  To my knowledge though, the MediaVP team would like to wait until the SCP build is finalized so there aren't any last minute surprises before releasing the next update.  Also, as stable as the SCP build has become, there's still a couple of issues that some coders are working on right now that probably need to be ironed out before a release.

Any idea of when an official release could occur? Just curious.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
We should be right on top of getting ready to put out a release candidate, if these other issues get ironed out here.  All I can say is Soon.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Offline sfried

I just feel tired of always trying to update my builds, that's all.

At least once we have a release candidate we could stick to it untill the next major update.

Offline blowfish

The nature of SCP is that it is constantly improving.  The fact is, if you choose to stick with a particular build (even a final one) for any extended period of time, it will be outdated sooner or later, and most likely sooner.

Offline chief1983

• ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
The only real purpose of updating your build is if you're actively helping us hunt down issues or if you're running into an existing problem that's already been fixed in a newer build.  Otherwise it shouldn't hurt to miss a few nightly builds now and then.  We do appreciate the users who do take the time to try out the latest and greatest though, it definitely helps the process, but as blowfish said, that process will likely never end.  Some people have the time to spend on staying bleeding edge and others don't, no biggie.