Author Topic: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread  (Read 303735 times)

Offline Mura

• Shadow lurker
Re: RELEASE: 3.6.10 Media VPs
One small question, and forgive me if this has already been answered, but does this mean that

3.6.10. when played in multiplayer WILL save stats?

and

for the release of 3.6.10. to run efficiently requires the download of launcher 5.5d?

Well, AFAIK, 3.6.10 in multi has been saving stats properly for validated missions... well, maybe not if you use MVP's :b
I guess we just need to wait for confirmation about this matter, but I hope it's not too far away.

Though, i might as well keep playing with vanilla only, i don't need more added lag  :ick: but the eye candy! :shaking: i'm in a dilema
Signed, me

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I'm also getting the gray missile trails and black nameplates.

Radeon HD 4870 w/fairly recent drivers. Using the latest nightly build for Windows XP.

The MVPs are gorgeous and a big step up. Huge thanks to the team!

Offline Fenrir

• ?
...oh by the way... nice work with the asteroids!! and the exploding effect also! :D

*Goes to check* Oh wow! The asteroids aren't made of explodium anymore.

All I can say is..........well, it's so awsome I can't say anything. Blue Planet with these graphics is :jaw:

One small bug[I think it is, anyway] I noticed is that the Hectate is missing its nameplate. Is this intentional?
'yo my domestic skillets, who put swarm torpedoes on the Tev bombers?'
~Nighteyes

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Played up till Mystery of the Trinity. The missile trails are all grey, but I have no other errors otherwise.

And nice work with the asteriods. I'm getting minor lag looking at them, but its probably cause I'm running iTunes in the background.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
And nice work with the asteriods. I'm getting minor lag looking at them, but its probably cause I'm running iTunes in the background.

Well, asteroids will probably drain some amount of performance no matter how efficient they are.  But the current asteroids are a lot better than the beta ones in this respect :)

Quote"
Step 3: Set up the mediavps mod directory

If it does not already exist, create a new folder called "mediavps" in your Freespace 2 install folder, and place the MV_*.vp files in there.
So, if you installed Freespace 2 to "C:\Games\FreeSpace2" then you would place these Media VP files into "C:\Games\FreeSpace2\mediavps"

Next download the following components and place them in your newly created mediavps folder:

* Readme
    * Mod.ini
    * Launcher Graphic

UnQuote"

OK, instead of a download file, these three just pop up as another Web page. The readme I can deal with, the BMP image too, but the Mod.ini I can't as that should be a file and not a web page.

Where is the real file?
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Right click, save as :)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:14:43 pm by blowfish »

Not for me. says SAVE LINK AS.

... and it works. FARK! I guess ya gotta just try before ya say sumthin. Thanks! ;)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 09:18:42 pm by Jadehawk »
Got Shivans? The SOC Ezechiel is the schnitzel! Don't leave base without it.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
(resulting in one team member receiving disciplinary action from the workplace :eek2: )
Srsly?

For once the Uly actually looks.... Good
SCP is the greatest cause of Inferiority Complexes in those that can't run it

Offline Ransom

• M. Night Russel
  • It will not wait.
    • Rate of Injury
Too right. The Ulysses looks like something out of a 2008 game. Quite a few of the ships do, in fact.

You've really outdone yourselves this time, guys. Freespace is new again. And it's visually consistent! With a handful of exceptions, what hasn't been HTL'd has been normal mapped, and I'm very glad to see the ugly balloon-float effect we were seeing with some of the early normal maps seems to have been resolved.

I've been holding off on replaying the main campaign for a long time, but this has finally convinced me. I'm up to The Sixth Wonder - haven't noticed a single error so far.

Congratulations to everyone involved.

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
(resulting in one team member receiving disciplinary action from the workplace :eek2: )
Srsly?

Yeah, seriously. And that would be me. It's all good though. :-)

Missile Trails: Yes. They are grey. A default upgrade Effect was intentionally selected rather than sort through all of the available effects (which were not seriously all that great to begin with as they looked to be straight DDS conversions of retail like effects, not Upgrades) to have something that at least WORKED and didn't have display or color issues. Who wants a puke green trail from firing a Cyclops? I don't.

We are more than happy to resolve this by creating a more diverse set of effects, but frankly, we wanted people to have something that worked as advertised with as little potential aesthetic issue as possible.

Ship Names: The inconstancy between calling a ship "GTD Something" in one mission and then in the very next calling it "Something" bothered the hell out of me. And since more missions than not followed the "GTD Something" they ALL got  Class type prefacing the Name. Plus, the nameplates already document the Class followed by the Name as established in previous VP sets, so it just made for a better overall consistency factor as well.

Flickering/black Nameplates: Could be resolved in the fragment shaders, but it breaks them by doing so. This is an issue that will have to be resolved in another way. At the least, the effect is less pronounced than it used to be as far as I can tell.

Shaders: SM3.0 is required. SM2.0 MIGHT work, but yer on your own. OpenGL will work, but SM3.0 and OpenGL 2.0 are the current supportable recommendation. OpenGL 1.5 is when GLSL was introduced and it may or may not support everything that SM3.0 wants. If you don't have SM3.0 support on your card and you insist on not Disabling GLSL, then the artifacts are all yours. Until the engine can support the full dynamic range of SM's and do it well, this is the current compromise to at least getting it working in some fashion so that it can be improved. This isn't to say that nothing about the shaders isn't being done or tried, because that is not the case. I hate this problem and other related problems with a passion because they make NO SENSE and I want them gone so bad I can taste it. If it really comes down to it, we may have to separate and define the shaders based off the hardware being used by first diversifying them into "ATI Shaders" and "nVidia Shaders" to start and going from there.

-height: There are no height maps any more. The cost of having them and their loading outweighed any benefit of the results and it was collectively decided to have away with them. Should this change, they can be reinstated or made available separately. The only real use they have is in making the normal maps.

Mod's and Mediavp's: Done right, any table edit will over ride the MVP's. So, for example, if you have an issue where you have to specify different secondary load outs to have shivans use other than the MVP secondaries, guess what? That is what you do. It is what we had to do to see to it that Campaign missions where a "default" load out not being specified maintained consistency by still using those shivan secondaries. The other option: Editing every mission that assumed a default load out into using a specified load out. If you make your table and it over rides the MVP ones, the default will now be the ones you specified in your table. If we left it up to having to edit every shivan load out in every mission to use a shivan secondary, you wouldn't have shivan secondaries except as models and textures. Or certainly not in this release.

Shockwaves: Okay, I am stumped. This completely blindsided me. I knew changes occurred in the code handling to accommodate some stand alones, but I did not figure on it doing this. We're working on it as quickly as we can. Right? Right?

Torrents: I provided pages for the demonoid for those that had registered access, and DIRECT "this will open in your torrent and download whether you are a member or not" links and I URGE people to host in other trackers and let me know so that I can update the Seed. It worked for the TBP DVD release, I fail to see how it cannot work here as well. (And this torrent hasn't been active for weeks, not even a full day as of now)

Cain/Lilith swap: Actually, this is a correction to what it was supposed to have been to begin with, but it just hasn't been corrected until now. Sorry for the confusion folk, but it is as it should be, even if it is not entirely expected.

And finally: Thank you in any case for your patience and your feedback here. Thank you for the thank yous, thank you for the issue reports and just in general thank you for being here and keeping things going.

(Note: I am not attempting to single out any individuals in my outlining of the issue above, but the issues themselves directly. So please, don't take the above as a personal direction against you, but rather at the fact that the problem exists. If you still feel that how I have outlined or addressed them is in some way a little abrupt, personal (or too impersonal) then accept my apologies as this is not my intention.)

Except for these parts:
I notice my 3 additions (Countermeasure, Elysium, Watchdog/Cerberus) are nowhere to be mentioned or credited. :(

(S'okay though, the credit list is pretty long and I'm sure there's other omissions. I won't sue for any takedown.)

(Or will I?)

Uh....HTF did that happen? Anybody? So'kay, me missed crediting Galemp as an FSU Staff member and credits for the hornet. The excerpt in the release post was updated, but the read me had already been uploaded and distributed. Noted and corrected.

Quote from: carbine7 link=topic=58230.msg1175644.html#msg1175644
One small bug[I think it is, anyway] I noticed is that the Hectate is missing its nameplate. Is this intentional?
Are you referring to a Hecate in Blue Planet, or in a mission in the FS2 Campaign? If FS2 Campaign, no, not intentional, moar details please!. If Blue Planet: may not have been included or using texture replacement in the mission to show one.

and Finally (redux): Sectorgame mirrors added, everybody say "thank you Hunter!"

**EDIT: No idea how the crap this happened: MV_Music.zip. You will need this even if you have MV_Complete.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:53:38 pm by Zacam »
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Thanks Hunter!  Potential shockwaves fix is in SVN and will be in the r4988 or higher nightly build.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline eliex

Thankyou very much!  :D

People (Rick James, SF-Junky, ...) having issues with shivan beams... Post your graphics card info as well as graphics driver version (if possible) here.

If you do not know it then use the launcher to select a debug build, run it once (up to main hall should be enough). Quit the game. Search for a file named 'fs2_open.log' and attach it to your post or post it within 'code' tags.

==EDIT==
Intel 82945G Express Chipset Family
Driver Version:      6.14.10.4820
Operating System:      Windows XP* Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1.2600)
DirectX* Version:      9.0
Physical Memory:      2039 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:   8 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:   128 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:   126 MB
Processor:      x86
Processor Speed:      3192 MHZ
Vendor ID:      8086
Device ID:      2772
Device Revision:      02
Pentium 4 HT 3.20 GHz
Ram = 2 GB

Code: [Select]
==========================================================================
DEBUG SPEW: No debug_filter.cfg found, so only general, error, and warning
categories can be shown and no debug_filter.cfg info will be saved.
==========================================================================
FreeSpace version: 3.6.10
Passed cmdline options:
  -spec_exp 15
  -ogl_spec 20
  -spec_static 1.5
  -spec_point 1.2
  -spec_tube 1.5
  -ambient_factor 35
  -env
  -missile_lighting
  -glow
  -spec
  -no_emissive_light
  -normal
  -3dshockwave
  -ballistic_gauge
  -dualscanlines
  -orbradar
  -rearm_timer
  -targetinfo
  -3dwarp
  -ship_choice_3d
  -warp_flash
  -snd_preload
  -mod mediavps
  -window
Building file index...
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\mediavps\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\mediavps\MV_Complete.vp' with a checksum of 0x31df7754
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' with a checksum of 0x84396e99
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0x377695e0
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' with a checksum of 0xd50e7442
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\root_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xce10d76c
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xddeb3b1e
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x164fe65a
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xa11d56f1
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd77da83a
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x4c25221e
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x86920b82
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0x705e8d71
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' with a checksum of 0xd85c305d
Found root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\data\movies\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' with a checksum of 0x84396e99
Searching root 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\mediavps\' ... 1 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\mediavps\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\mediavps\MV_Complete.vp' ... 5253 files
Searching root 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\' ... 386 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\multi-mission-pack.vp' ... 110 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\multi-voice-pack.vp' ... 307 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\root_fs2.vp' ... 157 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\smarty_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\sparky_fs2.vp' ... 3027 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\sparky_hi_fs2.vp' ... 1337 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\stu_fs2.vp' ... 2355 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\tango1_fs2.vp' ... 32 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\tango2_fs2.vp' ... 15 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\tango3_fs2.vp' ... 10 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\warble_fs2.vp' ... 52 files
Searching root pack 'D:\Juegos\FreeSpace2\data\movies\FS2OGGcutscenepack.vp' ... 10 files
Found 17 roots and 13182 files.
AutoLang: Language auto-detection successful...
Setting language to English
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_strings-lcl.tbm' ...
Initializing OpenAL...
  Using 'Generic Software' as OpenAL sound device...
  OpenAL Vendor     : Creative Labs Inc.
  OpenAL Renderer   : Software
  OpenAL Version    : 1.1

... OpenAL successfully initialized!
Failed to init speech
Initializing OpenGL graphics device at 1024x768 with 32-bit color...
  Initializing WGL...
  Requested WGL Video values = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  Actual WGL Video values    = R: 8, G: 8, B: 8, depth: 32, double-buffer: 1
  OpenGL Vendor     : Intel
  OpenGL Renderer   : Intel 945G
  OpenGL Version    : 1.4.0 - Build 7.14.10.4820

Using extension "GL_EXT_fog_coord".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_multitexture".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_add".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_compression".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_env_combine".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_draw_range_elements".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object".
  Unable to find extension "GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object".
  Using extension "GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap".
  Unable to find extension "GL_EXT_framebuffer_object".
  Unable to find extension "GL_NV_texture_rectangle".
  Using extension "GL_EXT_bgra".
  Using extension "GL_ARB_texture_cube_map".
  Unable to find extension "GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias".
  Unable to find extension "NV_point_sprite".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_shading_language_100".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_shader_objects".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_vertex_shader".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ARB_fragment_shader".
  Unable to find extension "GL_ATI_shader_texture_lod".
  Found special extension function "wglSwapIntervalEXT".

Max texture units: 8 (8)
  Max elements vertices: 1024
  Max elements indices: 1024
  Max texture size: 2048x2048
  Can use compressed textures: YES
  Texture compression available: YES
  Using trilinear texture filter.
... OpenGL init is complete!
Size of bitmap info = 705 KB
Size of bitmap extra info = 40 bytes
ANI cursorweb with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
GRAPHICS: Initializing default colors...
SCRIPTING: Beginning initialization sequence...
SCRIPTING: Beginning Lua initialization...
LUA: Opening LUA state...
LUA: Initializing base Lua libraries...
LUA: Beginning ADE initialization
ADE: Initializing enumeration constants...
ADE: Assigning Lua session...
SCRIPTING: Beginning main hook parse sequence....
Wokka!  Error opening file (scripting.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'scripting.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
SCRIPTING: Inititialization complete.
SCRIPTING: Splash screen overrides checked
SCRIPTING: Splash hook has been run
SCRIPTING: Splash screen conditional hook has been run
Using high memory settings...
Wokka!  Error opening file (interface.tbl)!
WMCGUI: Unable to parse 'interface.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-sdf.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-sdf.tbm' ...
ANI 2_radar1 with size 209x170 (33.6% wasted)
Windoze reported 16 joysticks, we found 0
Current soundtrack set to -1 in event_music_reset_choices
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_music-mus.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_advmuzzle-mfl.tbm' ...
Wokka!  Error opening file (armor.tbl)!
TABLES: Unable to parse 'armor.tbl'!  Error code = 5.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wxp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-wxp.tbm' ...
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp20.eff) with 64 frames at 35 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (ExpMissileHit1.eff) with 44 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp05.eff) with 47 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp06.eff) with 48 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (exp04.eff) with 60 frames at 20 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Maxim_Impact.eff) with 23 frames at 30 fps.
ANI Lamprey_Impact with size 80x80 (37.5% wasted)
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Gmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (PWmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Rmuzzle.eff) with 4 frames at 30 fps.
BMPMAN: Found EFF (Bmuzzle.eff) with 5 frames at 30 fps.
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-wep.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_trails-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_tech-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_models-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_dragon-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_adveffects-shp.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_escort-hdg.tbm' ...
TBM  =>  Starting parse of 'mv_effects-str.tbm' ...
loading animated cursor "cursor"
ANI cursor with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
Ships.tbl is : VALID
Weapons.tbl is : VALID
cfile_init() took 513
Got event GS_EVENT_GAME_INIT (49) in state NOT A VALID STATE (0)
ANI cursor.ani with size 24x24 (25.0% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_MAIN_MENU (0) in state GS_STATE_INITIAL_PLAYER_SELECT (37)
Someone passed an extension to bm_load for file 'scorpsquadc.pcx'
ANI 2_mainwalk.ani with size 209x477 (6.8% wasted)
ANI 2_mainflyby.ani with size 509x189 (26.2% wasted)
ANI 2_maincrane.ani with size 192x116 (9.4% wasted)
ANI 2_mainexit.ani with size 319x174 (32.0% wasted)
ANI 2_mainbarracks.ani with size 273x158 (38.3% wasted)
ANI 2_mainreadyroom.ani with size 231x145 (43.4% wasted)
ANI 2_maintechroom.ani with size 69x119 (7.0% wasted)
ANI 2_mainoptions.ani with size 337x206 (19.5% wasted)
ANI 2_maincampaign.ani with size 308x190 (25.8% wasted)
Got event GS_EVENT_QUIT_GAME (5) in state GS_STATE_MAIN_MENU (1)
Freeing all existing models...
... Log closed, Wed Dec 10 02:40:14 2008

« Last Edit: December 10, 2008, 07:17:44 pm by StrayFender »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
At chief's suggestion, I'm going to post a link to a particular bug I've been experiencing intermittently while using the 3.6.10 beta and final MVPs for a long while now with a variety of builds.  I'm working on the assumption that it's most likely specific to my hardware, but if any of the FSU team has any input on it, I'd be glad to hear it.

Offline SF-Junky

• Bread can mold, what can you do?
People (Rick James, SF-Junky, ...) having issues with shivan beams... Post your graphics card info as well as graphics driver version (if possible) here.

If you do not know it then use the launcher to select a debug build, run it once (up to main hall should be enough). Quit the game. Search for a file named 'fs2_open.log' and attach it to your post or post it within 'code' tags.
Radeon X1600/X1650 Series. Driver version 8.501.0.0 from June 2, 08.

When I use a debug build, I still get those stupid errormsgs, I've been getting since I switched to 3.6.10. So I can't launch the game on debug.
Code: [Select]
Warning: Type of weapon SRed entry does not agree with original entry type.
File: weapons.cpp
Line: 2101

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 0091dcac()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 009885d1()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 00920135()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 0073137c()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 0073dd99()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 0073e10e()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 00c914c6()
    fs2_open_3_6_10d-20081207_r4985.exe 00c9134f()
    kernel32.dll 7c817067()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I still think you've got a rogue table somewhere.  I forget have you started from scratch with just the base files and tried running debug then?  Just create a new folder and move only the minimum necessary stuff over to it, the retail VPs, executables, and the launcher.  Then try debug.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline captain-custard

• previously known as andicirk
  • one sandwich short of a picnic
One small question, and forgive me if this has already been answered, but does this mean that

3.6.10. when played in multiplayer WILL save stats?

and

for the release of 3.6.10. to run efficiently requires the download of launcher 5.5d?

Well, AFAIK, 3.6.10 in multi has been saving stats properly for validated missions... well, maybe not if you use MVP's :b
I guess we just need to wait for confirmation about this matter, but I hope it's not too far away.

Though, i might as well keep playing with vanilla only, i don't need more added lag  :ick: but the eye candy! :shaking: i'm in a dilema

i tested last night "multiplayer" and you still get a hacked tables and stats dont save with mediavps on ....but its oh so pretty
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."