Author Topic: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread  (Read 304067 times)

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread
mediavps/data/missions/

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Looks great, thanks guys.
:yes:

Although the fact that the crosshairs are a pixel or two off really bugs me now. :p I know it's been like that forever, but I never really noticed it until there was a flight-path indicator showing otherwise...

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
How are they ****ed up? No problems on my end.
Shivan shields are no different than they've been either.

Shivan shields don't look all "electricky" like they did in the last MediaVPs.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Kolgena

I must ask these things, since I have these fixes from the old mediavps:

ATI driver fix is included? [Y/N]
SbeamAB, SbeamAD, SbeamAE, fixed? [Y/N] (seems like no from above screenshots)
capital2s-01.pof, Miner2v-01.pof, Support2V-01.pof, SupportT-01.pof are fixed versions? [Y/N] (These had to deal with ship axes not lining up with model axes and missing glows. It was a small bug a while back that didn't get much attention, but did get a fix)

Offline McCall

• ...overly forward
mediavps/data/missions/

Thanks Blowfish!
Contrary to rumour, a mojito is actually the manliest drink around, dammit!

Offline Qent

I'm not having a problem with the beams or the shields.

Although the fact that the crosshairs are a pixel or two off really bugs me now. :p I know it's been like that forever, but I never really noticed it until there was a flight-path indicator showing otherwise...
How would one go about moving the HUD over just a tad?

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
For the record, I do not have an ATI card, I have an older nVidia card (GeForce TI-4400).

And I get the beam and shield bugs.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline Kolgena

Okay, just dled and tried it out. I have an ATI Radeon 3650 HD.

So, first thing I notice in ship lab is that a problem originally limited to the gold glass before this release now affects everything. I don't know what happened to the glass maps, but everything is so mirrored that it's impossible to see any cockpit save the one in the Herc I. The cockpits are still there and can be seen if I turn on Fixed Render Pipeline, but it seems the shininess completely overrides the transparency.

The old atishaderfix.vp (or something) file that fixes flashing white polys is no longer needed, so that's good.

The beams use the old glows with the new beams, which looks okay, except for the LRed. That beam is too big for the glow and looks funky.

If I notice anything else, I'll add it here.

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Damn, the LRed didn't look that wide on my screen, though it still exceeds the origin of the beam. Though that glow looks really faint for some odd reason.

Offline Kolgena

It's shooting past me, so the perspective makes it massive. However, that doesn't change the fact that at the beam/glow intersect, things aren't meshing.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Could this be another ATi bug? Did you get the new 3.6.10 MVPs?
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Hmm, the Ulysses still has that bit of missing texture.
While in the Ship Lab the canopies look really good, though in a mission they seem significantly different.
The reflections are good, but the glass in-game seems dark.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 09:13:46 pm by Commander Zane »

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Arrrgh, huge apologies guys, but by the looks of it when we eventually figured out what was wrong with the beams from the first release and made a patch, we completely forgot to actually apply that patch to the SVN data. Again since none of the team have the problem we never noticed it was missing. :(

The old 'tempoary' patch will still work to fix it:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yqq5mjmtlzl

Also I'm currently looking into the other bits and bobs that went wrong or possibly wrong for this release. We'll probably need to patch the patch at this rate though. >:[

In the meantime, PLEASE post everything you spot that is wrong or might be wrong to the FSU mantis so it will at least be a bit harder to forget stuff again!
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Shivan shields don't look all "electricky" like they did in the last MediaVPs.

The electrical effect is in MV_Advanced - and that hasn't changed, so make sure you have that. Just tested to make sure it is still working in game, and it is. :)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Ok, so the two main issues are:
1) The shivan beam bugs are back. Tempoary fix: http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MVP3610BETA/ShivanBeamFix.zip

Place these files in \mediavps\data\effects

2) The Velocity Indicator script. Tempoary fix (disables it): http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MVP3610BETA/VelocityIndicatorDisabler.zip

Place this file in \mediavps\data\tables

Twisted Infinities

Offline Kolgena

...yeah. I guess the gold glass thing is an ATI bug. Serves me right for not getting nVidia I guess >.>

Hi guys! I've been having problems with the latest mediavps. The original topic is in tech support http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,65062.0.html

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
So I'm replaying the campaign from 0 and I get this when try to run "A lion at the door", I think it might be the new mvp's because I just extracted the retail file and played through it without problems... or maybe the pilot file but I'm not sure, played with two different builds. (RC3 final and fs2_open_3_6_11r.exe.

this is what I get when I run with debug exe RC3:

Code: [Select]
Error: Invalid ship/wing name.

In sexpression: ( is-destroyed-delay 5 "GTT Argo 01" )
(Error appears to be: GTT Argo 01)
File: MissionParse.cpp
Line: 6096

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()
------------------------------------------------------------------

If someone can check this, I don't want to upload to mantis without knowing for sure it's a mvp issue.
el hombre vicio...

Offline pecenipicek

• Roast Chicken