Author Topic: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread  (Read 302990 times)

Re: 3.6.10 Media VPs Discussion Thread
Hey do you guys have sunlight in the first two missions of the retail campaign? I don't  :confused:

So I'm replaying the campaign from 0 and I get this when try to run "A lion at the door", I think it might be the new map's because I just extracted the retail file and played through it without problems... or maybe the pilot file but I'm not sure, played with two different builds. (RC3 final and fs2_open_3_6_11r.exe.

this is what I get when I run with debug exe RC3:

Code: [Select]
Error: Invalid ship/wing name.

In sexpression: ( is-destroyed-delay 5 "GTT Argo 01" )
(Error appears to be: GTT Argo 01)
File: MissionParse.cpp
Line: 6096

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    parse_mission()    parse_main()    mission_load()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c817077()

If someone can check this, I don't want to upload to mantis without knowing for sure it's a mvp issue.

Hello lads first off I'd just like to tank you all for the work you have done on FSO, quite remarkable really. I remember reading about this project years ago and have just recently come across it mentioned in a youtube post. Anyway i am new around here and i would just like to say Well Done FS2 looks REMARKABLE! err before i start crying and asking how to fix Q's!

Well got the FS1+silent threat and FS2 from GOG and played through FS1 last night. Was proper kool, haven't played a space Sim in years, they kind of died for me after and few fail arse games i picked up post FS2.

Anywho i have the same problem as Rodo and after a few cracks at Mantis I'm at a lose. Seem to be stuck at email password verifycation. Erm i'd love it if someone could explain a few things please!

1:Is Mantis used as some sort of hotfix tool for debugging my current version of SPO?( i can see Mantis is a means for acquiring bug information btw)

2:I have seen talk of a version 3.6.11 and this version having been fixed of a few bugs in .10,is this downloadable?or a new something that will be released at some later point? (Just in case i haven't navigated the forums correctly doh!)

3:Is there anyway for me to fix this issue now?

Sorry if i am asking some silly Q's here but i have gotten this far only by Zacams helpful guide  
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,65038.msg1282043.html#msg1282043

Is there a similar guide for tools like me regarding the fixing of these issues??

Hi all,

by the way great work, this is just awesome stuff :)

I seem to be haivng a similar problem with the same error. I have installed the lastest .11 (5520) but still get the same error. I applogize if the answer is somewhere and I have missed it.  Also I do have .11 selected in the lancher.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Using 3.6.11 will NOT fix this problem. It's a problem in the mission file, not the executable.

Stick this mission file into your mediavps\data\missions directory (create it if it doesn't exist).

[attachment deleted by Tolwyn]
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Thanks E, your a lifesaver:).

Just gave it a try and it  worked  :D

Thanks again

GAMEPLAY RELATED:
Localizations Added:
   German
   French
   Polish

Where I can find the Option for edit this ? ^^
My english isnt very good. Please forgive me :)

There seems to be a lot of problems with the retail campaign. Is anyone looking at this?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Yes. In fact, all of the really glaring flaws have been found and corrected already; Now it's time to find and correct all the little subtle bugs.

Really? I have no sunlight in the first three missions and in mission 4 of the retail campaign I'm getting these errors.
Error: Invalid ship/wing name.

In sexpression: ( is-destroyed-delay 5 "GTT Argo 01" )

Call stack:

Error: Invalid ship name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( targeted "GTT Argo 01" )
   ( training-msg "Good.  Now You'll" )
)

Call stack:
Error: Invalid ship name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( targeted "GTT Argo 01" )
   ( training-msg "Now Have Epsilon" )
)

Call stack:

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
I seem to have a problem with the 3.9.10 media vp's. After I downloaded the new vp's and executables, some of the mods like Tides of darkness, no longer work. I just get the window with the send or don't send error report buttons. Any suggestions?
Stuff

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Really? I have no sunlight in the first three missions and in mission 4 of the retail campaign I'm getting these errors.

That's because the fixed missions haven't been uploaded yet.

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Except for THAT fixed mission. I uploaded that one numerous times. In this very thread, on this very page.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:37:35 pm by The E »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Right, but they're not yet in the main MVPs download, are they?

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
    • Steam
    • Twitter
No, not yet.

I seem to have a problem with the 3.9.10 media vp's. After I downloaded the new vp's and executables, some of the mods like Tides of darkness, no longer work. I just get the window with the send or don't send error report buttons. Any suggestions?

Okay, can you run a debug build (Select the fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe in the launcher), run it, and then post the fs2_open.log from the data folder in your FreeSpace 2 directory here? Or better yet, on the support board?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 09:41:59 pm by The E »

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
I don't get this sudden increase of "the suns don't work for me" issue.....

Did they before and are not now? Because nothing lighting wise changed in the missions, Ambient lighting is still at Retail.
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog

Did they before and are not now? Because nothing lighting wise changed in the missions, Ambient lighting is still at Retail.

I don't even recall seeing a sun in the first few missions. Ever. It might just be my obliviousness, but still.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

I don't even recall seeing a sun in the first few missions. Ever. It might just be my obliviousness, but still.

There are suns in every mission.  Some are small. Its why ships have shadows.

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
There are suns in every mission.  Some are small. Its why ships have shadows.

If only... :(
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
No, not yet.

Okay, can you run a debug build (Select the fs2_open_3_6_10d.exe in the launcher), run it, and then post the fs2_open.log from the data folder in your FreeSpace 2 directory here? Or better yet, on the support board?

Nevermind, problem solved, I had a few stray vps in there, screwed it up. Thanks anyway  :)
Stuff

Is there a way to enable lightspeed nebulas in fs2 campaign 3.6.10?  It works in 3.6.10 zeta, but only normal high res nebula in final.

Offline Machaka

Using 3.6.11 will NOT fix this problem. It's a problem in the mission file, not the executable.

Stick this mission file into your mediavps\data\missions directory (create it if it doesn't exist).

confirmed fix for me as well- thanks E!!  :yes: