Author Topic: MediaVP Patch thread - November 27  (Read 11562 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
MediaVP Patch thread - November 27
Like the previous thread, please only post if you have something to contribute to the VP (Attachment, link, list of fixes or unneeded files). For everything else, PM me. This list will be used as a checklist for the next patch.

Current list - stuff that didn't make it into the last patch
  • Nameplate fix. (Didn't have a good way to fix. POFCS kept crashing, and ModelView refused to open the high-poly models)
  • DaBrain's DDS beam version fix. (No need to have yet another VP floating around, or grossly enlarge the previous patch size...)
  • FSPort icons (Not enough time to test completely)

Hopeful list - stuff that isn't done yet
  • Missile/countermeasure models
-C

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: MediaVP Patch thread - November 27
This isn't a content post, but I'm not starting a new thread over this.

• Nameplate fix. (Didn't have a good way to fix. POFCS kept crashing, and ModelView refused to open the high-poly models)

You want me to tackle them (assuming you just want to change them all to use "nameplate" as the nameplate texture)?  I can probably have them done tomorrow.  I'm assuming the list is short, as these are the only ones I can think of offhand:
  • Aeolus
  • Fenris
  • Leviathan
Are there any more?
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline WMCoolmon

This would be the sort of thing perfect for a PM. :p

I believe the Orion also needs to be changed. But to be honest, I'd most like to have the high-poly version of ModelView. This isn't the first time I've had trouble because of PCS's unreliability and MV's lack of workingness.

Or, POFCS2 would be nice. :p

If you want to change them go ahead, though, they just need to use the texture 'nameplate' instead of whatever they use right now.
-C

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Ok, just for you i'l tackle the conversion of the missiles next weekend...

Anyways, i got this updated, is it right now?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 10:13:28 pm by FireCrack »
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
This would be the sort of thing perfect for a PM. :p

I believe the Orion also needs to be changed. But to be honest, I'd most like to have the high-poly version of ModelView. This isn't the first time I've had trouble because of PCS's unreliability and MV's lack of workingness.

PM Vasudan Admiral. He made the high poly changes, so he should have a working exe uploaded somewhere.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Vasudan Admiral

• Twisted Infinities
Though you've probably found them by now from one of the other threads;
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/twisted-infinities-va/modv32b5.zip
http://webzoom.freewebs.com/twisted-infinities-va/modviw32_high_limits.zip
Just paste the second exe over the first once it's been installed and all else should magically work. ;)
Get the 2014 Media VPs and report any bugs you find in them to the FSU Mantis so that we may squish them. || Blender to POF model conversion guide
Twisted Infinities

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
Uhm... is the gun effect fix in a patch already?
http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/MediaVP_fix.rar

BTW there is a 'ships.tbl' in the textures VP. ;)

And please fix the shockwave chaos. There is a 3d shockwave in the effects VP. (Ok, fine, but this effect needs a lot less memory and looks a lot better: http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/SW3D_Mid-range_blue.rar)

Then there is an old 3d shockwave in the advanced effects VP. This one is better: http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/SW3D_High-End_blue.rar. Maybe you could add the link to the ultimate effect in the readme: http://www.game-warden.com/starfox/Non_SF_related_stuff/SW3D_Super-High-End_blue.rar.

And now everything is screwed up. There is a 2d shockwave in the maps folder of the advanced effects VP. What is this one in there for?

Afaik both versions will be loaded into the ram, so we're losing quite a bit performance for nothing.
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Thank you.  I've been meaning to say something about the state of shockwaves for a while now.

I think the ships.tbl in the textures VP is to allow texture differentiation between the Fenris and Leviathan, Cain and Lilith.  It's been like that for a while, and there are a couple of models (or there should be) that accompany them.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Question???......is there any chance to make a whole new vp file instited of patched????.......no offence, just asking???

Offline DaBrain

• Screensniper
    • Shadows of Lylat board
I've suggested that already. There are too many things you can't fix with a patch...

BTW here is my table entry for the AB trail:

Code: [Select]
$Trails:
+Bitmap: ABtrail
+Width: 6.0
+Alpha: 1.0
+Life: 1
--------------------------------------------------
SoL is looking for a sound effect artist
Please PM me in case you want to apply
---------------------------------
Shadows of Lylat - A Freespace 2 total conversion
(hosted by Game-Warden)
----------------------------------

Since we're asking questions, which patch is the HTL Eyrines in?  I decided to test the whole patch malarky and clean out my /data/maps and models at the same time: using the 3.6.7 vps and the three patches, I'm missing the HTL Eyrines, the turret fix doesn't work, and someone said there was a cockpitted-Ares and that isn't in there either.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
HTL erynies should be in the normal 3.6.7 media vp's
actualy, mabye not.
"When ink and pen in hands of men Inscribe your form, bipedal P They draw an altar on which God has slaughtered all stability, no eyes could ever soak in all the places you anoint, and yet to see you all at once we only need the point. Flirting with infinity, your geometric progeny that fit inside you oh so tight with triangles that feel so right."
3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944 59230781640628620899862803482534211706...
"Your ever-constant homily says flaw is discipline, the patron saint of imperfection frees us from our sin. And if our transcendental lift shall find a final floor, then Man will know the death of God where wonder was before."

Buh!  I must have some legacy crap still lying around.  It worked, I removed the loose textures and pofs, and it didnt' work.  Wierd.

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Sooo.. is it working or not now?
actualy, mabye not.

Offline WMCoolmon

Well, I think I have the local data set up properly, along with a lot of optimizations.

But. I haven't tested them as fully as I'd like to. Trails, in particular, I'm suspicious that they may need an alpha channel that got removed by converting them to PCX. So I may have to look into the 16-bit DDS route.

I want to test these babies before I release...I only just compiled the changes into the VP files for the patch. And I want to clean up the tables with XMTs. And do the stuff listed in the new patch thread.

Edit: Bleh, I initially thought this was the release thread. Thank you, Jonathan, for using a PM...although that is the sort of thing that would belong in this thread. ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2005, 02:47:45 am by WMCoolmon »
-C

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
Here are the suns you wanted:

http://home.comcast.net/~cp5670/suns.zip

These will look the right size in the game. I kept the red one's image larger than the others since it has some extra detail in it.

By the way, the red sunglow had two turquoise pixels in it, which I fixed up. What is with these things? :p

Offline FireCrack

• meh...
Okay, i finaly got my table working, for real this time, click the link below to go to my post!

Ok, just for you i'l tackle the conversion of the missiles next weekend...

Anyways, i got this updated, is it right now?

[/color]
actualy, mabye not.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

I just wanted to say, a clean reinstall of what I had before (3.6.7+p2+nov20 patch) gave me heaps of **** that must have been overridden by legacy stuff: the HTL Ares, neato new gunshots, a contraversial warp effect, and nebulas that actually work.  I shoulda done that ages ago! :)

Offline Ulala

• Groooove Evening, viewers!
Am I way off by assuming this patch has a completion goal of November 27?
I am a revolutionary.