Author Topic: Concept: ModVP  (Read 6046 times)

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Something like this would actually be great.  I know I'm still the only host for a number of models that aren't even mine (the Ezechiel springs to mind, though I'm afraid that if anyone still doesn't have it they won't find it again) as well as for all of my own stuff; it would be great to have them somewhere else as part of an archive so that if something were to happen to my hosting (as will probably happen over Christmas when my account gets downgraded back to what it should be) then the models won't be lost.  Of course, I need to do something about getting them up on Hades Combine too.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
I know I'm still the only host for a number of models that aren't even mine (the Ezechiel springs to mind, though I'm afraid that if anyone still doesn't have it they won't find it again)
The Ezechiel is now hosted at Hades Combine. :p
What other models do you have that lack other hosting?

Of course, I need to do something about getting them up on Hades Combine too.
Yes, you do.

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Most of them are actually "final" fix versions of HTL ships, so they're getting hosted by becoming part of the Media VPs.  Looking through my web space, I actually don't see any others that need hosting elsewhere that aren't my own.  But then, that's still a rather large set of mods that I need to repackage.

And thanks ;)
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
What's this about MODs needing hosting? We didn't get HLP situated on a server with "unlimited" storage and data transfer for nothing...
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
No no no, it's too late. StratComm's mods are already going to be hosted at Hades Combine. Eventually.