Author Topic: What animes/series are you watching right now?  (Read 305221 times)

Offline Madrox

• Because destroying shivans ins´t enough...
    • My DeviantArt
What animes/series are you watching right now?
So, this is a simple thread to see what you guys are watching when are not playing games, FREDing, stuying or working. xD

Right now im watching (at a very slow rate):
Dexter - 4° season Episode 5
BSG (re-watching) -  3° season, Episode 3
Babylon 5 (re-watching the first and seccond season) - 2° season, episode 7

Animes:
Ergo Proxy - 2° epsiode
Accel World 9° Episode
Sword Art Online - 3° Episode

Well, thats it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:37:04 pm by Madrox »

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: What animes/series are you watching right now?
Supernatural.  Goddammit Dean why are you so beautiful.

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Supernatural.  Goddammit Dean why are you so beautiful.

"Supernatural is a extremely overrated phenomena." Dr.Manhatan

xD

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
SAO, is it any good, I read the synopsis and it seemed like just another "you die in the game YOU DIE IRL!!!OMGFTW!!!" show.

on the other hand I have been very unsatisfied with anime this season, and last season I barely found anything good so I suppose it's not like I have anything better to watch.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
on the other hand I have been very unsatisfied with anime this season, and last season I barely found anything good so I suppose it's not like I have anything better to watch.
My sentiments exactly. This and past seasons have been quite disappointing, unless I've managed to miss the true gems.

SAO is decent, it's nothing stellar but it's not bad either. The series is about how people cope with their situation when they are suddenly told that there is no escape from this virtual world and if you die, you die for real. To free themselves, they have to beat the game. One person is enough to free everyone though.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Try as much as I want, not convinced with SAO, but a friend finally got the Stein's Gate Blu-Ray, so I think i'll be a happy man with microwaves and bananas.

The fall season is a much better lot from the looks: http://randomc.net/2012/09/15/fall-2012-preview/

After playing Diaspora, killing toasters, and finishing my latest batch of deadlines, then it's going to be spam fest with the BSG miniseries, and going to see if I can fit the first season in as well.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Do yourself a favor and end it on the Second Season, that ending is miles better than the "make it up as you go" third and fourth seasons.

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Do yourself a favor and end it on the Second Season, that ending is miles better than the "make it up as you go" third and fourth seasons.

Ron Moore, how I pity thee... poor sod also worked on the Next Generation. So the 3rd and 4th being "bleh" wasn't surprising.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Wait what? Initial D fifth stage? Awesome! Code Breaker seems promising though, with having FMA: Brotherhood director too. That's two series worth following I guess.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
The only thing on there that looks promising to me is Shin Sekai Yori.  Not that I really watch anything that's currently airing, but if it holds up, maybe I'll get to it in a few years.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
SAO, is it any good, I read the synopsis and it seemed like just another "you die in the game YOU DIE IRL!!!OMGFTW!!!" show.

SAO i'm ... iffy about. It's really predictable and cheesy at points and lol random drama, but it's still got a nice setting. Though lately its been focusing on a bit too much cyber-sex/flirting/DRAMA and not enough boss raiding. Uhm...I'll be generous and 7/10.

Fall Season will be watching:
- PYSCHO-PASS. Urobuchi Gen is a cool dude. Bad Ends and Suffering YES PLZ.
- Jormungand. moardakka

Maybes:
- Robotics;Notes. The source is probably awesome (i have faith in 5bp/nitroplus), but the adaptation can be hit (S;G) or miss (C;H)...so whoknows
- Little Busters. because they somehow managed to make all the characters look like creepy soulless zombies.
- Code Breaker. Read the manga for a bit then forgot about it and now its back. Maybe if it doesn't *go on forever*
- Seitokai no Ichizon(2). WHY DID THEY CHANGE 2 SEIYUU. D:
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline LordVerex

• Just do it already...
I am so lost.... but in the spirit of the topic, lots n lots of combat history docu's, propaganda and training video's. note taking has wrecked my fingers already
"So I knew it wasn't just me. The madness was everywhere. These bombers were on a rampage."          -Battuta

"Get people on their feet quick and they're less likely to crawl away"     - Kyad

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt

SAO i'm ... iffy about. It's really predictable and cheesy at points and lol random drama, but it's still got a nice setting. Though lately its been focusing on a bit too much cyber-sex/flirting/DRAMA and not enough boss raiding. Uhm...I'll be generous and 7/10.

Fall Season will be watching:
- PYSCHO-PASS. Urobuchi Gen is a cool dude. Bad Ends and Suffering YES PLZ.
- Jormungand. moardakka

Maybes:
- Robotics;Notes. The source is probably awesome (i have faith in 5bp/nitroplus), but the adaptation can be hit (S;G) or miss (C;H)...so whoknows
- Little Busters. because they somehow managed to make all the characters look like creepy soulless zombies.
- Code Breaker. Read the manga for a bit then forgot about it and now its back. Maybe if it doesn't *go on forever*
- Seitokai no Ichizon(2). WHY DID THEY CHANGE 2 SEIYUU. D:

Jormungand is to me, the spiritual successor of Black Lagoon.
awesome anime.

Offline Mikes

Alternatively... if you can t stop it at the 2nd season.... for the love of god do stop it before watching the second half of the "final" season.

The half season "finale" was about as perfect as an ending for the show could have gotten imho.

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
For Sword Art Online you should really just read the light novels (the anime, as said before, is a solid 7/10 when taken from the whole -- which includes future episodes).  It flows better and makes a lot more sense.  And don't skip the side stories; some of them have extremely important plot points.

Accel World (complete as of now, at least for this season) is pretty damn good.  8/10 at least, sometimes crossing into 9/10 territory.  The protagonist is also a hell of an anti-Sue, which is always nice.  I still don't know why Accel World is better than SAO, considering they're both anime adaptations of light novels written by the same person, but whatever.

Continuing the light novel trend, Fate/Zero (100% complete now) was pretty good as well.  A solid 8/10, though a few moments are just 10/10 spectacular.  Just don't try watching it if you've never seen and/or played Fate/Stay Night, since a lot of stuff won't make any sense.  After all, the light novel was written as a Forgone Conclusion type of story, seeing as it's a prequel to the Fate/Stay Night visual novel.  Edit: Watch the blu-ray version!  It includes a lot of cut and censored content and runs something like two hours longer than the TV version.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 04:02:32 am by Dark RevenantX »

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
I'd be watching more Hyouka if it didn't end at episode 22.
Damnit I hope the original LN author of the Kotembu series will write more soon so that KyoAni can make more seasons for it.

As for Sweet Ass Online, it's not that bad. Many has said that the LN:s beat the animu hands down, but when I don't know better the animu has been entertaining enough.

Ginga e Kickoff is one series that doesn't get as much attentinon as it deserves. A football series that (at least for now) doesn't have any Super Mega Shoots, but instead has quite a lot of good and different characters with a nice pace.

Eureka Seven AO is one big clusterf***. I kind of liked the original Eureka 7 series but this one had left one big WTF so far and it's even almost over.
It does have some good characters that are fun enough to follow but as a whole... I dunno.

Oh yea and add one more to the list of persons waiting for more Jormungand.
Habeeb it...

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
Oh hell yes, we're doing general anime threads again? Naisu~

Eureka Seven AO is one big clusterf***. I kind of liked the original Eureka 7 series but this one had left one big WTF so far and it's even almost over.
It does have some good characters that are fun enough to follow but as a whole... I dunno.

I've been watching E7AO too. Loved the original, but this one has been... rather disappointing, like it doesn't know what to really do with itself. Too bad.

Looking forward to Setokai S2 and maybe Psycho Pass. I haven't really been watching much anime lately because I've been watching tons and tons of HOUSE instead.
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Just finished with Gundam AGE yesterday. Very disappointing ending. The writing could really have been a lot better, and there was a general lack of a climactic duel.

Now, I think I'll catch up on Axis Powers Hetalia (I'm in the mood for some random silliness), and after that... I have no idea. There isn't really much on currently I'm too interested in. I might try out Full Metal Panic because I've heard it's pretty good. Or maybe Elfen Lied, which I keep wanting to watch but for some reason never seem to...

I've also pre-ordered Hellsing Ultimate vols 5 - 8, but those don't come out until November. The first two Madoka movies are premiering in select US theaters in about a month, so I might try to catch those as well.

I did just purchase Super Robot Wars Z, so maybe I'll play that in the meantime. I don't speak Japanese, but with a kanji dictionary at my side I think I can get the gist of it.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Madrox

• My DeviantArt
Just finished with Gundam AGE yesterday. Very disappointing ending. The writing could really have been a lot better, and there was a general lack of a climactic duel.

Now, I think I'll catch up on Axis Powers Hetalia (I'm in the mood for some random silliness), and after that... I have no idea. There isn't really much on currently I'm too interested in. I might try out Full Metal Panic because I've heard it's pretty good. Or maybe Elfen Lied, which I keep wanting to watch but for some reason never seem to...

I've also pre-ordered Hellsing Ultimate vols 5 - 8, but those don't come out until November. The first two Madoka movies are premiering in select US theaters in about a month, so I might try to catch those as well.

I did just purchase Super Robot Wars Z, so maybe I'll play that in the meantime. I don't speak Japanese, but with a kanji dictionary at my side I think I can get the gist of it.

I think the harder part of the story is the ending. aways. :/

Offline Fury

• The Curmudgeon
Unfortunately ending in manga and anime sucks more often than not. Part of the problem is that manga tends to go on forever and then some, so anime has to draw up an ending somehow and usually they fail to some decree, sometimes spectacularly.

It is my pet peeve that manga and anime in general do not have proper endings. You could watch the first three episodes, or read first six chapters and then stop there and lose nothing. There are some exceptions, some of them are really good too. For example, Full Metal Alchemist manga as well as anime adaptation (Brotherhood, not the original) had great endings that brought closure.