Author Topic: Internal Posts  (Read 4677 times)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Howdy All:

I end up swinging through HLPBB at least twice a day, and it seems that every time I do, I see that new posts have been made in this forum.  Of couse, about 95% of the time, I enter to see no new posts on any of the existing threads, and no new threads.  For some, this would be discouraging and even frustrating, but not for me.  I am aware that these 'phantom posts' that only show up in the HLPBB directory are actually posts on the internal board.  In the SCP forum, there was some friction regarding the internal board there a couple of months ago, and some thought it would degrade the quality of their work and reduce the number of suggestions being accepted from the rest of the posting members.  I on the other hand, am reassured when I see evidence of alot of activity behind the scenes.  It lets me know that this is still an active project and that perhaps even a surprise is in the works... like knowing people are planning something for your birthday (well, depending on if you enjoy such things), but not knowing what will happen.  Seeing activity in the internal forum, means that something good is on the horizon, and I await its advance.  Keep up the good work people!

Speaking of the horizon, is there any word on how soon we can expect (or anticiapte) a release from TVWP, or even a demo?  Is the impending release of SCP 3.6 a factor in this?

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
As far as I know, the release date is When It's Done.:p

And yes, there will be a demo, possibly in the form of training missions.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
We're thinking of releasing the training missions as a demo.  Basically, we're discussing various bits of the project in the internal... graphics, storyline, gameplay balance, and the like.  I'm working on fixing the AI to work with the fighter balance we currently have, and as soon as that's done, I'll be able to FRED the second training mission and we can probably release something.

As far as the main campaign goes, we have a lot of discussion but not much FREDding happening at the moment, which is what we need most right now.  This is understandable given the approaching holidays, but we don't want to let it slide completely under the rug.  Anyone care to do some recruiting? ;)

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Why would Int posts upset people? It shows we're doing something, unlike some of these other camps that have no internal activity whatsoever...
Freelance Modeler | Amateur Artist

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
90% of the posts are just me trying to get some people back to activity by releasing all kinds of different stuff to get people reply to my 'more constructive and important' threads, which currently does not seem to work (*cough the sticky cough*) :)

So yes, things are happening behind the scenes. Thing that happens, releasing the demo will take time until everythings working and looking perfectly nice and as it's supposed to. This way, it can take a while, but we don't want to release unfinished and sloppy work, do we? :)
Modern man is the missing link between ape and human being.

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by Goober5000
As far as the main campaign goes, we have a lot of discussion but not much FREDding happening at the moment, which is what we need most right now.  This is understandable given the approaching holidays, but we don't want to let it slide completely under the rug.  Anyone care to do some recruiting? ;)

you know i'm just waiting for you guys to give me feedback on my sticky, right? ;)

:lol:

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Sorry. :nervous: I'm trying to fix the SCP at the moment.  Once the crashes are out of the way, I'll be able to test the balance properly. :yes:

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
yes i understand, but theres *cough cough*other people who don't need to fix those bugs, but instead use their time for random spamming, just an example but its funny to see how any threads involving models, graphics or anything get massive replies whereas the really important threads idle around there :o

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
I know.  I'm busy... and when you're busy, you tend to do stuff that can be done quickly.  SCP can be done quickly; beta-testing can't.

Howabout you finish our HUD and shinemap all our fighters? ;)

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
note that i referred to "other people" who should have the time to play-test :)

as to the other stuff:    ... shhhh :)

and yes, i'm slowly progressing...

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
I need a concept picture so I can make another model. Hmm.

And no, I'm not modelling uber-blocky stuff(i.e. Marrimac) :p

And how are you goin about that... uhh... texturing... LS :p

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Do the Merrimac!  Do it! :p

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
Originally posted by DragonClaw
I need a concept picture so I can make another model. Hmm.

And no, I'm not modelling uber-blocky stuff(i.e. Marrimac) :p

And how are you goin about that... uhh... texturing... LS :p

the cob works. I was actually nearly finished with the first texturemap yesterday when my comp decided to crash and left me rather annoyed because it screwed up on saving, file gone, i'll have to restart (oh-the-fun). So i'm still working on it. I'm also working on a custom request from Raa, which I had to completely re-UV map since in his POF versions it used mainly the blank spots from the texture files. I've got it pretty much using the right things now so actual texture work can begin. Oh, and that HUD is also coming along pretty well. And then some other stuff, which i prefer to keep to internal for now (will be cooler for those out there if I don't mention it here), don't want to ruin the surprise ;)

Thinkin of it... while i'm on that, you could give play testing a try :p

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
I wish you'd stop referring to me as "Other people."

I won't be able to do much FREDding this week, because I unfortunately have a crappy job at a grocery store while I attend college, and it's Thanksgiving here, so I have alot of work outside of here to do. Plus 2 reports, and finals for the classes... So, bugger off! :p

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
meh, why's everyone thinking i mean him in first point... First Goober, then DC and finally you...  I wonder... :D

Anyway. I can understand many of us (including me) have little time sometimes. But you can use that time to give a look at the more important things, instead of focussing on special stuff already when we don't even have the basics done ;)

FREDding does not make much sense until the other problems are solved out. We will need to rework any mission finished before that, anyway. See my point?

The point is not that there is no efforts being made. The point is that theyre pretty much scattered, and need to be focussed before we have a solid base to build on.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Originally posted by Lightspeed

So i'm still working on it. I'm also working on a custom request from Raa, which I had to completely re-UV map since in his POF versions it used mainly the blank spots from the texture files.

Oh, no it doesn't! That's only modelview! Look at it in Aurora, it's perfect!

Offline Lightspeed

• Light Years Ahead
It was totalleh messed up, it was right in the other file format version though, so I converted it and applied a custom UV mapping, still using the original textures. That kinda worked. And Aurora crashes on me.

Offline Taristin

• Snipes
  • BlueScalie
    • Skelkwank Shipyards
Ehh. If PCS worked on my PC, I'd have done it right... stupid thing...