Author Topic: Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU  (Read 47704 times)

Offline Thor

• Captain of the GTD Sparta
Recruiting for the t/v war. We want YOU
I'll try to do it when I get a chance.  won't be until tommorow.
I can't believe my profile is still active... member since  July 25, 2002

Offline Solatar

Okay. That's fine.

Offline Solatar

Okay. I have prepared a scaled down version. its an .exe. About 27 megs, But I've sliced it into 6 parts. You'll get 6 e-mails. Each with a part, and one with the Batch file to bring it back together.

So, make a list. Who wants some?

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Originally posted by Thor
Hades, go put in the carrier from Ryx's another carrier thread.  Test it first to make sure its fine, then toss it in a the Sagitarious Carrier Esh describe.  it needs a name though.

Well they aren't primaries.  they're cap weapons.

For the Vega Engagement, the Sage isn't necessary.  Also, I am very attached to the class name, though the Leo can be changed at the drop of the hat.  Also, the GTCa (or whatever) Sagitarious (actual ship name, not just class) I'd like reserved, so if you need an individual name, find something else.

We need to develop an ammoed emulator for the primaries.  Bombs need to be dumbed down in tracking and power.  Ideally, bombs are primarily used to disarm large ships and destroy small (cruiser) ones.  Thus the reason for the Stilleto space bomb.

Early disrupters could make an appearence.  Also, that story outline for VE only highlights the major missions.  More and different missions can be plugged in (probably should be) along the way, as long as they don't run counter to the actual story.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Solatar

Love to include it. But I need a .pof version.

Also, who says beams couldn't make an appearence? Extremely weak ones with barely any damage to capital ships. Fighter mounted. I mean, Terrans didn't invent laser pulse cannons first, they used primitive laser beams.

Beams would do very little damage, and consume massive amounts of power. Thus creating the need for the ML-16 Laser.

We'll just have as a requirement you be running fs2_open3.2.

Also, about missions. Could you choose near the ned of the campaign whether to join the GTI, or stay in the GTA? GTA missions are regular type missions against Vasudans. GTI missions use advanced weapons, and ships. But they are extremely difficult and complicated.

Offline Thor

I can't get any of these dam converters to work, so if someone else could do it, then great.

No beams, and especially no open.exe.  This is for both history reasons, and because I don't like using the open exe.  just remember this, K.I.S.S (or Keep it simple stupid).

I do like that idea.  Yeah, chose GTI or GTA

Offline Solatar

Yeah, I didn't think beams would be any hit. But I just like to post my ideas in case you guys want to add them.

So. I should work on some GTI only weaps and ships?

The fs1 selection icons are working great. They serve a duel purpose.

a.) Make it more fs1 stylish. better experience.

b.) Its a lot easier to make new selection icons that "fit in", and don't look different than the others.

I have an interface icon for an energy weapon. Not sure what do do with it. I think I'll the GTW-73 Nemesis laser. I'm working on a rifle. GTI's newest prototype machine gun. it will later evolve into the Avenger.

Offline Thor

cool  that sounds good.  Get to work on those ships.

Offline Thor

dah dada dada dah! IMPORTANT NEWS!
IT has just been confirmed, the e-mails are on the way, we will be HOSTED!!!:cool: Shrike is collecting information, so Hades, reply to shrike re: the e-mail I just forwarded to you.  Expect a release to come as soon as the paper work is done.  Riven, the nice people he is, is making us a new website.  So prep some stuff for him to put up.  This is good news folks.

Offline Solatar

Freespace 1 port part done. Just need to fix some interface a little. I have alternate entries for the prometheus (Prometheus S) and the Vasudans (GV not PV) to make it compatable with Galactic Emperor. After all, his MOD gave me the inspiration, and its the best campaign around, way better than the original fs1.

Anyway, as far as TVWar stuff. I only have three weapons (two primaries, and one secondary) that are complete. By complete, I mean, interface, sounds, been tested. The works. More coming out VERY fast.

Originally posted by Hades
Freespace 1 port part done. Just need to fix some interface a little. I have alternate entries for the prometheus (Prometheus S) and the Vasudans (GV not PV) to make it compatable with Galactic Emperor. After all, his MOD gave me the inspiration, and its the best campaign around, way better than the original fs1.

Anyway, as far as TVWar stuff. I only have three weapons (two primaries, and one secondary) that are complete. By complete, I mean, interface, sounds, been tested. The works. More coming out VERY fast.

So will the new ships be in the FS1 look?, or are you going for something new but old?
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

So far everything we have has been released in one thread or another in this forum. We have a cruiser by Aldo, and the GTF Angel.

New weapons so far include two primaries and two secondaries. All with new selection icons. I'm using some names of weapons that didn't make it into the game, or were renamed.

Primaries; flux and Phalanx. The Phalanx is like the Avenger, but faster speed, lower damage, and lower rate of fire.

Secondaries; I have a dumbfire rocket, and a heat seeker.

Offline Thor

not to mention new cap weapons.  Erick by the way, says thank you for your appreciation Hades.

Offline Solatar

Okay, the file is uploaded to HLP. I just don't know the exact URL. I used the upload files thing.

Offline Thor

I just got an e-mail from a very nice guy, with it a little attachment.  So I'm pleased to Announce that The GTC Ticonderoga is ours to play with, as long as he's credited, so YAY!  It just needs to be converted to a pof and have a table written for it.  but it is tectured and ready to sail.

Also, we need a name for the so called Defiance.  Several where suggested, but is there any you like?

Originally posted by Thor
I just got an e-mail from a very nice guy, with it a little attachment.  So I'm pleased to Announce that The GTC Ticonderoga is ours to play with, as long as he's credited, so YAY!  It just needs to be converted to a pof and have a table written for it.  but it is tectured and ready to sail.

Also, we need a name for the so called Defiance.  Several where suggested, but is there any you like?

So how do we go about the Uplodeing probs?:confused:
The Ancients a old and proud reace, one that is not all alone, and I am not one of them, but I am Nouben.

Offline Solatar

Thor, can you e-mail me the Ticonderoga? I'll see if I can't convert it. I probably won't be able to, but I'll try anyway. I'll also write the table.

Offline Thor

e-mail on the way.

The upload issue won't be an issue once he get access to our HLP space.  Which you'll have to pester Shrike about when that will be.  Speaking of Shrike, how is that model you and ___(um, I forgot who else) are doing comming along?

And Hades, try doing one of Ryx's carriers as well, while your converting things.  I recomend the second one

Offline Solatar

I said I'll try to convert it. I don't know the first thing about converting, but If I want to be a good MODer, I'll have to try.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
If you want one of the carriers I'm about to upload this one if you want it...