Author Topic: How can select the joystick ?  (Read 955 times)

How can select the joystick ?
Hi,

I have 3 devices:

Microsoft Sidewinder (with ffb)
Throttle
vjoy
Pedals
How can I choose "vjoy" ?

The game automatically choose always "Microsoft Sidewinder" but I like to use it only for ffb device.

There is a way (command line or other) to choose vjoy ?

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Re: How can select the joystick ?
hi deathspeed,

Thank your for your response :)

I have tried with devorder, but not work.

I have checked inside the link you suggest me but I don't found a possible solution.

With other games If I use devorder and/or if I choose the default controller in the control panel work.

My impression is that fso force the device "microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2" for some reason.

Do you know if in the next release will be the chance to get multiple controller support ?

I have read this last year, but I don't have info about the status.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I don't know much about vjoy, and less about coding.  :(  Hopefully someone who knows more than me can address this.  I dod know there are multiple people here who use vjoy.

One other thing you probably already tried - is is possible to set vjoy as your preferred controller?   

Here is how i did that with a controller in Windows 7:
Start > Devices and Printers
Right click on vjoy and select Game Controller Settings (not sure if this is even possible)
Select Advanced
Choose it as the Preferred Device in the drop-down and click OK

For Windows 10 I opened settings and searched for controller settings to find the same tool.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

hi deathspeed,

I have already setting vjoy as default controller, for other games work but not for freespace 2.

Theoretically I can fix it myself with source code of freespace 2 if the project can be used with visual studio, but this is only the last chance because if i do it will lose the next future update.