Author Topic: Zathras 2.3 and Dark Children  (Read 2402 times)

Offline wesp5

Zathras 2.3 and Dark Children
Okay, I'm opening a new topic for this. First let me say that I really love this campaign, because it is so cool and different ;)! Of course I tested it with Zathras 2.3 and I got several warnings:

- In the Narn and Minbari missions I get "Starting Wing 'Brother' has more than 'MAX_WING_SLOTS' ships".
- In the Minbari mission I get seceral additional "Unknown flag2 in mission file: no-bank" warnings.

I know that the latter can be fixed by just removing that flag2, but as vidmaster contrary to MAG is still active, he'll probably know better what to do and whether this is a mission problem or a Zathras 2.3 one!

Speaking of the missions themselves, while I still consider myself a rookie, even with concentration mode the explorer mission and the Minbari mission are too hard for me on very easy. In the former I would suggest to lower the Starfury numbers to 3 + 3, which would be more consistent anyway, because I find it strange that an explorer would have as many Starfuries on board as an Omega destroyer.

In the latter the scene at the start in which you have to kill 4 Nials in a very short time is prone to create a lot of frustration until you get them all. I would suggest to only have 2 Nials there, at least in very easy mode. I couldn't save the Mind Creator in that mission as well yet, but I have to try this some more before giving up :).

Last not least I found some typos: "Brake the rocks!" in DC1 and "I sense maney Minbari." in DC4 and in DC3 the Alt Creator was forgotten once.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:49:43 am by wesp5 »

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
Re: Zathras 2.3 and Dark Children
The first one is usually cause by having a default starting wing with more then 4 ships.  It can't fit 6 in the loadout screen so it will toss this warning.  There are 2 ways to fix it.  Less ships in the wing or remove the wing from the default starting wings for that mission so it doesn't appear on the loadout screen.
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
I simply should fix this utterly bad designed campaign. The first three missions were awesome and then, it basically went nowhere.
This has been on my TO-DO list for a long time but first a university project, then the thesis and now the damn arm have stalled this fixing process for almost a year now.
Please PM me in March again and I will finally fix this by redoing the last two missions for good.
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline wesp5

I simply should fix this utterly bad designed campaign.

It may have some weaknesses, but for my personal usage I fixed the wing warnings like FUBAR explained above, removed the surplus fighters that annoyed me and now it's really great! And it's funny like hell with these great voices: "I've killed more than you!", "No you didn't.", "Are we there yet?", "By your command!" :)

The first three missions were awesome and then, it basically went nowhere.

I wouldn't say that, the fourth mission idea is great, only the surrounding is too dark. And I loved the last mission which is close to what we see on the show! I only enabled the main turret of the cruiser and set it to attack, otherwise it would always end up stuck in the dreadnought ;).

I also swapped the main ship Vorlon beams with unused ones I found in the core effects folder, which look better IMHO than both the fighter beams and the First Ones beams you used. I only improved the glow for the dreadnought a bit to get the cross-lightning look, now it's perfect :)!

Offline Slasher

- In the Minbari mission I get seceral additional "Unknown flag2 in mission file: no-bank" warnings.

I got the same warning today running "And Now for a Word."  The weird thing is I didn't get that warning last week.    I might have been using the r-build instead of debug last time. 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 02:50:49 am by Slasher »

Offline wesp5

I got the same warning today running "And Now for a Word."

I must have already fixed this in my patch for MAGs mission, because I don't get it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:55:58 am by wesp5 »