Author Topic: Another Outerspace render  (Read 9970 times)

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Another Outerspace render

in fact, it was a test for weapon effects, I think the result is good enough actually :)
SCREW CANON!

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
nice. The trails on the missiles are smoke/opacity mapped cylinders, am I right? Also the engine glows could be less uniform, and there could be motion blur, but the rest is your usual :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

[edit] I take that trail thing back, at least with the foreground missile. Should try that though someday.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Nico

• Venom
thx :)
yeah, the thrusters need more work, some noise for exemple.
the missile trails are just your average particle emiters.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Not bad. Nice ship, fantastic smoke effects. What prog?

Offline Stunaep

• Thread Necrotech.... we bring the dead to life!
uhuh. One of the trails looked strangely like a phaser I was doing the other day. Anyway, keep up the good work.
"Post-counts are like digital penises. That's why I don't like Shrike playing with mine." - an0n
Bah. You're an admin, you've had practice at this spanking business. - Odyssey

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Stryke 9
Not bad. Nice ship, fantastic smoke effects. What prog?

Max4

edit: I've updated the pic, changed a couple details, removed a huge mistake nobody noticed (hehe)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2002, 05:21:25 pm by 83 »
SCREW CANON!

:jaw: oh :jaw: my :jaw: god :jaw:
"Vasudans and Shivans don't wear clothes coz they told the serpant to go expletive himself. :D" - an0n

:(:(:(

NotDefault

Offline CODEDOG ND

• Dark Agent
:yes2:nod:yes
It's a fact.  Stupid people have stupid children.  If you are stupid, don't have sex.  If you insist on having sex.  Have sex with animals.  If you have sex with an animal.  Make sure the animal is smarter than you are.  Just encase of some biological fluke you and the animal have offspring, they won't be as stupid as you are.   One more thing.  Don't assume the animal is protected.  If the animal has a condom, or if female some interuterian device, insist they wear it.  Help stop this mindless mindlessness.  Keep your stupidty to yourself.  This message was brought to you by the Committee of Concerned Citizens that are Smarter than You are.

Offline Redfang

Awesome! I especially like the lightning, and the bombs. The ships are fine, too.

Edit: :yes2::jaw::jaw::jaw::yes:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2002, 08:00:15 am by 665 »

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Cool, though one could wonder why only one of the bombs doesn't have a trail. ;)
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline Nico

• Venom
coz it has just been dropped, the engine just ignited, therefore, no trail.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by venom2506
coz it has just been dropped

You can't drop anything in space:p
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Originally posted by darkage

He meant it militaristicly, numb-nuts.

Besides, you can drop things in space. I could (in theory) fly up into space in orbit of Earth and drop a penny. It would immediately either go spinning off into space or have lost sufficient velocity upon droppage that it would blaze down to Earth and incinerate someones car.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by darkage

ejected if you want :rolleyes:
don't play with words ;)
SCREW CANON!

Offline wEvil

• The Other Good Renderer
    • http://www.andymelville.net
Originally posted by an0n

He meant it militaristicly, numb-nuts.

Besides, you can drop things in space. I could (in theory) fly up into space in orbit of Earth and drop a penny. It would immediately either go spinning off into space or have lost sufficient velocity upon droppage that it would blaze down to Earth and incinerate someones car.

Or rabbit?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Originally posted by wEvil
Or rabbit?

Kid: Look, Mommy! A shooting star!

:D:D:D
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Redfang

Is there actually smoke in space? I guess there is, but I haven't seen any other render which has had smoke. :p

Originally posted by Styxx
Cool, though one could wonder why only one of the bombs doesn't have a trail. ;)

It's a Special Bomb[(tm). :)

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
Noyce. Mebbe a thruster on the top of the bomb "dropping" it, to give it technical accuracy.

Offline Nico

• Venom
nah, it's just a mechanical arm that "throws" it away so it reaches a safe distance from the fighter before the engine is ignited (would be bad to get destroyed by the missile you just launched, mmh? :D ). The missile is armed 2 seconds after ignition of the engine.
SCREW CANON!

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
The best primary weapon effects I've yet seen. I'm used to flying Mike & Ikes. Great job!

If only those were Hercs... with Maxims... and a Lilith being ripped apart... ;7
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...