Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613929 times)

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
Working my way through DOS Xwing and Tie Fighter

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Playing Shogun 2 and replaying Assassin's Creed 2. Still an amazing game AC2, after I finish it I'm going to jump in straight into Brotherhood.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Hawken Beta:  Was able to unlock an infiltrator chassis.  Boy is it a hoot flanking a gaggle of enemies, giving them a helping of grenades and assault rifle fire then cloaking and jetting off when they finally turn around.

Kerbal Space Program:  Pushing towards docking some Sats and a lander probe to my Carabinier 1.8 Drone mothership and visiting the Mun.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Just spent the afternoon playing FTL. Fun, but man that game is hard. Haven't won yet. Maybe I need to work on my strategy.

Also recently started DX1. I'll have to try again to get the New Vision mod working (ran into problems earlier), but I don't really mind the year 2000 look.

Need to look over the GOG big sale again to see if there's anything else I want. Thinking about getting Stacking, for one. Reminds me that I still need to finish Grim Fandango...

EDIT: Forgot that I got Thirty Flights of Loving when it was on a Steam flash sale. Need to play through it another time or two.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 06:20:15 pm by jg18 »

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I just managed to install and run TES: Dagerfall under DOSBOX. I love it, it's amazing such things were possible in 1996. Also, did you realize how lax the censorship was back then? :) It'd most likely end up with NR rating if it was made today.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I just managed to install and run TES: Dagerfall under DOSBOX. I love it, it's amazing such things were possible in 1996. Also, did you realize how lax the censorship was back then? :) It'd most likely end up with NR rating if it was made today.

For the few of us who have never played any of the elderscrolls series from before Oblivion, can you elaborate your point? I only need one more reason to pesuade me to muster up the energy to see if GOG.com sell them.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Got Dark Souls on sale a couple days after Christmas. Rocked The Depths last night, on to Blighttown next!

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Got Dark Souls on sale a couple days after Christmas. Rocked The Depths last night, on to Blighttown next!

Man, and after a couple of months I only JUST manage to ring the first bell.

It's official.

I suck.  :(
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
For the few of us who have never played any of the elderscrolls series from before Oblivion, can you elaborate your point? I only need one more reason to pesuade me to muster up the energy to see if GOG.com sell them.
If you want one more reason to get them, Bethseda released both Arena and Daggerfall for free at their website. :) As for the censorship, remember that book in Oblivion (The Real Berenziah or something like that), in which there's, at one point, "This passage was censored by the order of the Temple"? Daggerfall has this passage uncensored and I'd say that the temple had a good reason to censor it. :) Another thing you won't see in later games are certain fairly humanoid monsters that don't seem to have invented clothing. Not that there's much to see in the resolution Daggerfall runs on, but it's pretty much rendered. Also, underwear in general was apparently invented between Daggerfall and Morrowind. :) Again, there's not that much to see in that resolution, but what you can see would give most likely be enough to give it NR these days.

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic

Man, and after a couple of months I only JUST manage to ring the first bell.

It's official.

I suck.  :(

That, or I'm just ridiculously good.  :pimp:

(More likely, all the time I spent playing Mount & Blade has prepared me well for this style of combat).

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
If you want one more reason to get them, Bethseda released both Arena and Daggerfall for free at their website. :)

SOLD! Now, could I get a link to them? It's just that I can't seem to find them on the website. (Never mind, Google just became my best friend.)

That, or I'm just ridiculously good.  :pimp:

(More likely, all the time I spent playing Mount & Blade has prepared me well for this style of combat).

No, trust me. I suck at Dark Souls. The longest I've not been a hollow is 10 minutes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:41:39 pm by FireSpawn »

The Force shall free me.

Offline Davros

Ive just started ds , whats the point of being a hollow ?

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Human form allows you to summon other players for coop... but it also allows you to be invaded. It's also required to kindle a bonfire, which makes it give you more flasks when you rest there. Other than that, no real difference that I can tell so far (maybe some of the NPC dialogue gets adjusted a bit?)

Also, I just got through Blighttown, without dying once. :) I guess I can't count that quite yet, though, since I still need to face the boss... I made it all the way to the fog wall for Quelaag, then decided to backtrack, refill my flasks, and call it a night.

Still, I'm feeling pretty cocky right now.  :D

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Still, I'm feeling pretty cocky right now.  :D
Heheh. We'll see if that feeling survives Sen's Fortress. Then Anor Londo. Then eventually the Tomb of the Giants.... you get the idea. Tomb of the Giants is sure to make even the hardiest of men risk ruining their pants.

All told, dangerous thoughts for Dark Souls, and perhaps famous last words.

No, trust me. I suck at Dark Souls. The longest I've not been a hollow is 10 minutes.
BTW, being a Hollow isn't really a bad thing. In fact, for your first playthrough it may be preferable to dealing with an endless stream of Dickwraiths at inconvenient times in the most hostile areas. Also there's a difference between having humanity and being human.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
All told, dangerous thoughts for Dark Souls, and perhaps famous last words.

Almost certainly. :)

Trying to finish the painful Old World Blues DLC so I can get the hell out of the think tank and back to New Vegas

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Currently have games in progress on Waking Mars and Warhammer 40,000 Dawn of War - Game of the Year Edition
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Lunar Flight http://www.shovsoft.com/lunarflight/  (also available on Steam)

A realistic flight sim with an Apollo-style lander, it's very pretty and a lot of fun.

"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
BTW, being a Hollow isn't really a bad thing. In fact, for your first playthrough it may be preferable to dealing with an endless stream of Dickwraiths at inconvenient times in the most hostile areas. Also there's a difference between having humanity and being human.

Well you do get a slight stat buff from being human. And getting invaded isn't an issue (I don't have a Gold account....yet), plus I can't usually stay alive long enough after getting humanity to reach a bonfire and kindle it. Then I die trying to get it back.
I think I might turn to the second hand copy of Dishonoured that I got for xmas from Dekker, and the used bonus content card he left in the box as he tried to pass it off as new.

The Force shall free me.

Offline Davros

What!!!
skulduggery from dekker :D