Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617834 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
What MWO needs to do is add some options to their matchmaking system.

No, game, I DO NOT want to play ****ing Conquest for 7/10 games! :mad:

I haven't played a game of Conquest since it was released. You don't have to if you don't want to...

It's frustrating because my Spider-5D is near-enough the perfect 'Mech for playing Conquest. It seems though, that whenever I decide to take the Spider for a ride, I get Assault.  And when I load up my Hunchback, I seem to get Conquest.

I think the game hates me.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Um...

you can select assault or conquest only.

* StarSlayer Roma Surrectum II
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Yeah, the little gear button next to "Launch" lets you pick which mode (or training grounds) you'd like to play.

Well.... that's facepalm-worthy, I think.

Why do I never learn these things from the start, I wonder?
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Patriot

your innate curiosity isn't that high?

I saw a gear, i thought, Hey graphics/audio options!, was disappoint when it was game-mode selection.

Though i do hate Conquest, and the new map, though the new map isn't because of unfamiliarity(most maps are new again to me xD)

Eh, I like the new map actually, though it does seem to give quite an advantage to snipers, at least on the higher ground.

On the other hand, sneaking through the canyons and shooting Jagermechs in the back is a lot of fun, as they're rarely expecting it.

Now if they could just adjust the map selection so that the Tourmaline Desert doesn't pop up 40% more often than anything else, that would be great.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I enjoy conquest most times.  It tends to attract a more balanced team composition as opposed to an Heavy and Assault PPC gun line.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i was going to start fallout NV as my next game, but after doing all the setup crap and then reading the manual, i don't think this is what i want for my melted-brain recovery game.  i thought it was going to be more along the lines of STALKER in terms of FPS-ness, instead of first person RPG with real-time combat.

i don't currently own any other new FPS games, and don't think replaying anything will meet my current gaming needs.  so it's either switch genres or find something to buy. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
i was going to start fallout NV as my next game, but after doing all the setup crap and then reading the manual, i don't think this is what i want for my melted-brain recovery game.  i thought it was going to be more along the lines of STALKER in terms of FPS-ness, instead of first person RPG with real-time combat.

i don't currently own any other new FPS games, and don't think replaying anything will meet my current gaming needs.  so it's either switch genres or find something to buy.

Have you played Metro 2033? It's not at all open like STALKER but it has a lot of common elements story-wise.

Offline BritishShivans

• Jolly good supernova
It's also really interesting storywise! Ignore the stupid **** some people say about it; most of it is just regurgitated gobbledygook, it's a lot more interesting than it looks. 

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
KILLING FLOOR
Because why not. This game is awesome
"No"

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Continuing to drag myself through BioShock Infinite. I paid $60 for it, so might as well finish it. Currently at
Spoiler:
The Bank of the Prophet. I thought this was near the end but then I checked a walkthrough on GameFAQs and found it wasn't even close. :(

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've been seeing almost entirely positive reviews everywhere else on the internet about bioshock infinite, but everyone here seems to hate it...

That's just the hype/anti-hype circlejerk that happens every time a AAA title comes out.

It has its flaws, but for the most part, I'd say Bioshock Infinite is a solid game and worth the time to play. The same kind of gunplay + superpowers combo that made the original Bioshocks fun is still there, with an element of high-speed action with the rail systems that is honestly pretty awesome.

The biggest complaints I have with it are some wasted potential here and there. In other words, the game was good (no REAL flaws), but I saw many parts where some changes could have made it better.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
It's not really a bad game; it just didn't live anywhere near up to the hype, not an uncommon problem I suppose.

It has a lot going for it -- story, atmosphere, artwork, graphics, music, VA, probably other things I'm forgetting -- but it isn't all that fun to play. The weapons and vigors (replacement for BS1's plasmids) are nothing special, and as the BSI thread here mentioned, the shooter theme doesn't even fit the game all that well. There have been times when I really wished I could interact with NPCs in ways other than shooting them.

This article (warning: long post) covers the problems I have with the gameplay, and Battman summarizes my view nicely.

All in all, I wish I'd gotten it on sale 6-12 months from release instead of pre-ordering it.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
yeah, pre-ordering is pretty much never a good idea.  unless you just can't live without that alternate skin or whatever the asinine 'bonus' is.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
 Moar STO. The new Romulan campaign is pretty good (for Cryptic anyway.) "Mind Games" was well done. :nod:

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Hurrah Star Trek Online! Got my hands on a Vesta-class for my Science Officer this weekend. The versatility! So amazing!

Plus having six Tetryon beams firing at will with nary a drop in weapon power is pretty impressive on a Science ship.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Just started playing World of Tanks today. After I finished Girls und Panzer, it left a tank-sized hole in my life. I miss Panzer Commander...