Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617232 times)

Offline Lorric

Re: What are you playing right now?
260. Bad Diarrhea:      Use 10 countermeasures in less than 10 seconds.

Oh my...  :lol:

You got me laughing with that one!

We had a thread sometime not too long ago about thinking of achievements for Freespace.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Yep, just got past there though this morning (took me four tries total). I just retrieved the grapple hook and have no idea where to go from here. I only have two energy tanks, probably why the Alpha Blogg was so difficult. I hear the game really picks up about halfway through (Sanctuary, I presume).

StarCraft 1? Probably my favorite game of all time. I'm not very good at melee either, so don't feel bad; I've always been a UMS player. This computer is ancient, but I've got my StarCraft Battlechest kit with me, maybe we can play sometime (provided my Brood War disk still works)? You play on US East, I presume?

1. After Grapple... well, do you have the Boost Ball already?
Spoiler:
If you already have the Boost Ball, your next upgrade is the Seeker Missile System in the Temple Grounds. If you already have the Seekers, look for the Torvus Temple Keys.

You can get at least four E-Tanks (you get one from in Grounds when you destroy your first Missile Door, one sometime before fighting Dark Samus 1, one in Agon Wastes in a Morph Ball tunnel near the Temple, and one in the Hydrodynamo Tunnels, which requires the use of the turbine jets and well timed Bombs). Those are off the top of my head, 2 and 3 may be the same one.

2. I have to figure out how to fix the discoloration on SC1 before I can play it on my Win7 laptop (the other computer... well, network access is bust.) There was a patch driver or something somewhere on the internet, but I don't remember the link. I would be on US West.

Thanks for the help with MP2, I'll return to the temple grounds the next time I play. I do indeed have the boost ball. I'll probably end up skipping on a few of the health tanks though, as I do seem to be doing fine with the two at the moment (only had trouble with Alpha Bloggling and Boost Ball Guardian). To be honest though, I don't think I'd be able to find the ones you mentioned. I'm sure I'll find a few more along the way though.

As for StarCraft, do you use Xfire? I hear that the newer versions of Xfire can mess up StarCraft. I know first hand that it messes up Diablo 1. Also, does the discoloration appear in game or only at the menus?

p.s.
U.S. West isn't very active anymore. Don't get me wrong, you can still find a number of UMS games, but melee/TvB are almost completely dead. I used to be a U.S. West player, but switch to U.S. East due to the higher population.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 09:23:03 pm by Nakura »

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Ohhh, now I think I remember where E-Tanks 2 and 3 are!

2. Near the Light Agon Temple: I believe it's the West Access Tunnel to the Temple. If it's outdoors and there are bats flying out of it, that's where it is.

3. The Pirate Outpost in Agon (I know it's one of the puzzle rooms before the Dark Samus 1 fight): you have to arrange the stacks in such a staircased way such that you can jump up and get it.

And no, unfortunately, I have a craptop.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Patriot

What do you teach?

I'm an English Teacher in Japan and I run my own company. Torchlight falls under the experimental projects category which is "What is cheap and will get kids to take an interested in learning the English language on their own?"

My 4th grade elementary students can read about half the words in a dialog. I think it's awesome to have a learning opportunity like this where the language you learn directly affects how well you do in the game. Understanding things like quests and item properties give kids a much better chance to use language, even if it's in a fantasy setting.

I think i'm nominating you for best teacher of 2013 :D
About the same way i learned english for the most part :3

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Ohhh, now I think I remember where E-Tanks 2 and 3 are!

2. Near the Light Agon Temple: I believe it's the West Access Tunnel to the Temple. If it's outdoors and there are bats flying out of it, that's where it is.

3. The Pirate Outpost in Agon (I know it's one of the puzzle rooms before the Dark Samus 1 fight): you have to arrange the stacks in such a staircased way such that you can jump up and get it.

And no, unfortunately, I have a craptop.

Ah yes, I remember retrieving three. Two I'll have to look into, I'm not sure if that's the other one I got or not. Thanks again!

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Currently re-playing Golden Sun: The Lost Age. In spite of a few Guide Dang It moments involving blink-and-you'll-miss-it, irretrievable opportunities to grab one of the vital Djinn needed to access the Anemos Sanctum (which has (one of) the game's hardest boss(es) and unlocks the ultimate summon), it really is one of my favourite JRPGs. Mostly for the battle system, which I still find highly impressive (in both a visual and technical sense) despite the dated technology, but the puzzle-solving in the "area maps" is also pretty fun and interesting.

I wonder if someone's made an open-source engine to re-create that kind of gameplay...
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Now that I has internets, and I can play online, I've picked up Guild Wars 2 again.
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Started to go through Fallout: New Vegas again, now that I got all the expansions in the summer sale. Got it modded up, and having fun.

Offline docfu

I think i'm nominating you for best teacher of 2013 :D
About the same way i learned english for the most part :3

I've learned the hard way, time and time again, that true student success comes from their knowledge, ability and motivation...not yours.

So find something that motivates them and then build their knowledge and ability around it.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Picked up another energy tank, now I'm at 3 + default.

The seeker missiles come before the gravity boost; you need the seekers to unlock the door to eventually get the gravity boost.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Finally finished BSI and The Swapper. Not sure where to go next. So many options...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

On Easy.

Because this game is properly hard.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline crizza

Leviathan: Warships...

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
I read that Paradox are putting a Crusader Kings 2 savegame importer together for Europa Universalis IV when it comes out this week, so I'm mainlining CK2, in the hopes of building up juuuuuuust the right worldmap to start from.
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
I've been playing StarCraft on Battle.net. I'm "Saigon" on U.S. East, if anyone wants to play and/or chat.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Played a bit of Torchlight.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Mechwarrior Online has just changed it up to 12 v 12 rather than 8 v 8, which has thrown the metagame into chaos.

I love it when that happens.  :D

On the other hand, they nerfed the C-bill gain rate, which I do not enjoy.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Playing Skyrim. Man, there is just something so touchingly human about shooting Bandit Chieftains in the crotch by the light spilling from the moon(s).

Offline crizza

Leviathan: Warships...

:yes:
Well I got it, played it but I'm not sure if I want to get my ass kicked in multyplayer^^