Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617776 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Papers, Please
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
And started another (much overdue) playthrough of Final Fantasy VIII. I'm hoping to go for a complete (or close to it) playthrough, but Triple Triad is killing me! Every time I start doing really good in Triple Triad, I encounter an overpowered opponent who takes all of my good cards and I have to start over. :(
Oh man, Triple Triad! I remember back when my sister played Final Fantasy VIII, because she made me do all the Triple Triad. I won every time, too, even though I can't remember how the hell the game works anymore.

You won every time? Did you build up a fairly competent deck before you started dueling?

I'm trying to beat all of Balamb Garden at the very start of the game, with just the basic cards and those you acquire by winning duels. It's proven to be a near impossible challenge thus far.

Offline Lorric

Having played Kessen for awhile, Kessen II has now been getting plenty of attention these last few days.

More than 10 years old, but still hold up really well.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Geist! It came in the mail yesterday!

(I'm playing Uplink. I'm starting again, THIS time I'm getting better monitor/proxy bypass software before I try breaking into a bank!)

Uplink is fun but it's one of those games where once you get the hang of it and break it it really loses most of its appeal. It's a pity it's so niche, there's nothing else that really offers the same experience.
The good Christian should beware of mathematicians, and all those who make empty prophecies. The danger already exists that the mathematicians have made a covenant with the devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Glory to Arstotzka!
The Order awaits.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Just started Braid and finished the first world. Every time I thought "I can't figure this out", something clicked that allowed me to get the next piece. Hope that continues.

Strangely, I feel kinda bad for the monsters. Doomed to be jumped on or shot out of cannons only to fall into lava/spikes... :(

Offline crizza

Finished Crysis 2... positively surprised.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Just started Braid and finished the first world. Every time I thought "I can't figure this out", something clicked that allowed me to get the next piece. Hope that continues.

Strangely, I feel kinda bad for the monsters. Doomed to be jumped on or shot out of cannons only to fall into lava/spikes... :(

Just wait, is all I can say.  I've been plinking my way through for 2 years now and still not done.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Back in Tyrian 2000 for another round of abuse.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Playing Civ5 as Bismark of Germany. I wiped out everyone on the map except Washington, and then I proceeded to attack America. I eventually took their capital and they had one city left. I decided to let them live and made peace. I kind of feel bad now.

Should I just finish them off?

Offline Lorric

Playing Civ5 as Bismark of Germany. I wiped out everyone on the map except Washington, and then I proceeded to attack America. I eventually took their capital and they had one city left. I decided to let them live and made peace. I kind of feel bad now.

You feel bad for being merciful?

Is that a victory in this game?

Offline crizza

You feel bad for being merciful?

Is that a victory in this game?
Domination type victory to be precise, since he has every capital city in the game.

Offline Lorric

Thanks for the explanation.

Well, if he's won, take the win! :)

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
(I'm playing Uplink. I'm starting again, THIS time I'm getting better monitor/proxy bypass software before I try breaking into a bank!)

Uplink is fun but it's one of those games where once you get the hang of it and break it it really loses most of its appeal. It's a pity it's so niche, there's nothing else that really offers the same experience.

That... is exactly what happened. I robbed a few banks and disguised my tracks so well that there was no record of ANY intrusion.

I connected through a trusted IP to a bank (Atlantic Internal Services to Atlantic Bank, take that suckers!) I had a legit account with. I did the transfer using an account I'd previously pulled on a mission. I like to note these down. Then I wiped the statement from his account. Then I wiped the ORIGINAL statement that showed the money had gone into it. Then I went into the person who had transferred the money to him in the first place and wiped out the record of him transferring it to my target. Talk about in-depth.

Secondly, I had prepared by grabbing a voice sample and broke into the Bank administration and wiped clean all trace of my connection besides the connect and disconnect. It was from a trusted source and I had an account. It was legit.

Then I got out and wiped out the bounce logs at both the trusted IP and the InterNIC.

After that... nothing was quite as entertaining. But god, getting it right, THAT was a thrill.

Oh, and two thirds of the missions on the list are "Trace a hacker" ones. I don't take those ones because I know exactly who did it.

Me.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 02:29:29 am by Hobbie »
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
played Cards Against Humanity with some friends last night.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
between mom's hourly psychotic episodes i managed to play mwll for nearly 15 minutes today.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Still playing Warframe
Finally got my Hornet Strike mod on that thing to max level

427 hours total on this thing. Seriously, I think I have an addiction
"No"

Offline Patriot

427 hours total on this thing. Seriously, I think I have an addiction

Gee, ya think? all i ever see from you on Steam is Warframe, you need help man

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
No he doesn't.

He needs a partner.

Unfortunately, being in Australia, it's super-late in America-land when I get home from work.

God I wish I worked from home.

In other news, I've 100% completed Saints Row 4. And it's still fun!
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.