Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 617919 times)

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Re: What are you playing right now?
I'm awake at 4am Pacific Time. I'm fairly certain, when you get back from work, I'll still be awake and kicking viciously at the Grineer
"No"

Offline Revan227

• by far, the Hades is WAY better than the colossus!
    • Minecraft
i am currently playing

Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic wars
Garrys mod
FreeSpace open (duh)
Battlefield 3
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE  HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

(yes i know how overused this is)

Overly Attached Support Ship: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86760.0

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

and Minecraft
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Devil Survivor: Overclocked must be the game I've played most this year. I got it in late May, and I've already played over 100 hours (which is three playthroughs). I play portable games a lot more than I do PC or console games now, mainly because I go on the train to uni every weekday and so can fit almost an hour to and from - plus it's less obvious when I play late at night (i.e. past midnight).

But also, I've really, really enjoyed playing DS:O. At first I wasn't fond of the Tactical RPG gameplay, but as I got better at it, it grew on me a lot. It has a excellent storyline and is a pretty good deconstruction of people having control of Pokémon-style monsters. It's generally regarded as the darkest SMT game, which is why I chose it as my first, and it doesn't disappoint. Trust me, it can get really disturbing at times, and I'm not the type that usually feels that way when playing a video game. I find the sheer variety of demons impressive, too, as they come from all sorts of mythologies from all over the world - especially surprising (to me) was the inclusion of an Australian Aboriginal deity, Yurlungur (I had to look him up to find that out though). And of course, there's the replay value. There are seven different endings to the game, which gives you a huge incentive to play through it again (as well as having New Game+).

It's my first Shin Megami Tensei title, and I think I may well play more in the future - I just have to decide what to get. I was considering perhaps Persona 4, but I don't know how much I'd play that - and I've got so many games I haven't played yet that I should get around to doing so, too...

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright. I've started playing Warframe again and I need help doing Tower 3 missions (I want my Latron Prime!). Deathfun, what's your Steam ID?
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Alright. I've started playing Warframe again and I need help doing Tower 3 missions (I want my Latron Prime!). Deathfun, what's your Steam ID?

Deathfun

Ingame name is TheCloven because deathfun wasn't permitted (they say it was taken, but there are no records of a deathfun in the game)
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Got suckered in for both Garry's Mod and the Sherlock Holmes bundle on Steam this week.  I've already played the majority of the latter, but I didn't own most of them, so now I'm working through the earliest one, Mystery of the Mummy.  It's not exactly that great, and often incredibly obtuse/pixel-huntey, but ah well, that's what GameFAQs is for.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Stumbled across a nice little gem called Machinarium. It's a point-and-click adventure game, and well worth the $10 it sells for. The atmosphere of the setting is really absorbing once you get into it, and it's got some really good music.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline LordMelvin

• emacs ftw
  • VI OR DEATH! DOWN WITH EMACS!
I'm thinking about buying Europa Universalis...Opinions?

I preordered EU IV and apart from about twenty minutes (twenty fun minutes, I should say), I have yet to play it because it came with the Crusader Kings 2 exporter and I want to get my world set up juuuuuust right for EU IV to start from.

Right now in Crusader Kings 2, I'm about 125 years into my current dynasty, playing as an Orthodox christian Basque kingdom in the Eastern Iberian penninsula (and Northern Iberia, and Corsica and Sardinia, and the central Italian penninsula...) and as soon as a couple more duchies finish assimilating (another five or ten years, I expect) I'll be ready to press my claim (carefully set up via several generations of arranged marriages) to the Byzantine Empire, from which I shall quickly position myself to restore the Roman Empire (awww yissss). Meanwhile, I'm keeping myself busy by trying to get each of my younger siblings, uncles, aunts (Basque means Absolute Cognatic succession law. Awww yeah.) cousins, and otherwise distant relations in position with a strong claim on one of the Kingdom-level titles held by the various members of House Karling in Acquitaine, East and West Francia, Bavaria, and Frisia, so as to make the next few steps more efficient once I've an Empire to run things from, and so as to trigger the name-change events for East and West Francia to Germany and France (because seriously, f*ck those names, and f*ck house Karling for keeping those names).  Then it'll be a simple matter of a few quick wars to crush the cores of the various Caliphates and the Norse, who've been making some rather unsettling inroads in the British Isles and push the Orthodox religion into the northern and southern countries, and I'll be ready to START my game.

I'm thinking that assuming I get my save set up the way I intend, hard-mode for EU IV will consist of playing as the Kingdom of Ireland, last Catholic holdout in the known world...
Error: ls.rnd.sig.txt not found

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I started a few of the games on my backlog over the weekend; Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (on the Wii) and Skullgirls (on the PC), and I think they're both pretty good, despite me not knowing much about Sega games and not being that good at fighting games respectively. I was up in the air about trying Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed since I saw it on Steam, but since I've had fun with Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing so far, I certainly want to try the former in the future.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Just started Braid and finished the first world. Every time I thought "I can't figure this out", something clicked that allowed me to get the next piece. Hope that continues.

Just wait, is all I can say.  I've been plinking my way through for 2 years now and still not done.

Well, here's my current status:

World 2: 12/12 pieces found
World 3: 12/12
World 4:  9/12
World 5: 10/12
World 6:  7/12

so another 10 pieces to go before I can unlock the next (final?) section.

Offline crizza

Crusader King 2 stuff
Yeah, I'm into it once more. I have reformed the Roman Empire, with everything around the black sea, the Holy land, Alexandria, Tunis and so on, the great shismn is healed and I'm currently conquering every little fool who rebels against his overlord via "reconquest". Once they realise they are in peril, they are already part of Rome^^

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Trying to get back and finish up Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil.  I'd forgotten how it magnifies most of the flaws in the original game.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.  It's addicting.

Offline deathfun

• Minecraft
Picked myself up Saints Row 4 and Amnesia: Machine for Pigs
Already played the **** out of SR4 because it's awesome, and will start Amnesia soon enough

Never did beat the first game, but that was mainly because I was streaming it for a website and subsequently stopped streaming for a couple months because no one gave a ****
Still felt compelled not to continue unless I was streaming at the time

"No"

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I was playing ME3 multi.  Apparently, however, downloading the free DLC cut my potential teammate pool to literally nothing, as I've gone four (unsuccessful) games without seeing a soul.  Even on Bronze, I'm not quite good enough to complete the whole mission solo.

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
What are your gaming times ? We should get a game or three when I have more free time, if our timetables are compatible.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Xbox, not PC.  Probably not compatible. :P

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Ughh. This is why we can't have nice things  :sigh:
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I might be playing the new COD in the future if it keeps surprising me with stuff like this:

Epik doge teim.

Other than that, Brother just got Rome 2 TW. I might get it in the future, it looks good.

And let us never forget freespace, my kith.