Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613778 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Finished ME II, which shouldn't ever exist or be charged for, as well as ME III, which was a huge improvement over the former, and actually fun and pretty damn epic [ if you don't mind the plot.. ]. Now onto Vampire: The masquerade: Redemption. Need to finish SPAZ too.

ME2 had an excellent character writer and is probably my favorite for right around 90% of the game.  Then the giant terminator baby ruins the ending.  Kinda like how the amazing Technicolor dream ending ruins ME3's final sequence.  Bioware is not good at endings, but they're fantastic at just about everything else.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Act 2 of Katawa Shoujo. Looks like I'm on the path of dating Shizune, good.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
The thing that will always confuse me is that ME1 did not actually have a bad ending sequence.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

Just reinstalling C&C Kanes Wrath...

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i'll have to remember to install that on the laptop before i go home for christmas.  might see how it holds up to crysis also.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Ace

• Truth of Babel
    • http://www.lordofrigel.com
Finished ME II, which shouldn't ever exist or be charged for, as well as ME III, which was a huge improvement over the former, and actually fun and pretty damn epic [ if you don't mind the plot.. ]. Now onto Vampire: The masquerade: Redemption. Need to finish SPAZ too.

ME2 had an excellent character writer and is probably my favorite for right around 90% of the game.  Then the giant terminator baby ruins the ending.  Kinda like how the amazing Technicolor dream ending ruins ME3's final sequence.  Bioware is not good at endings, but they're fantastic at just about everything else.

That's what's a bit odd considering that: Throne of Bhaal had an excellent ending, KOTOR had a good conclusion, Dragon Age had a decent ending, and Mass Effect 1 had a spectacular finale... So something happened, much like the blandization of Blizzard.
Ace
Self-plagiarism is style.
-Alfred Hitchcock

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
KOTOR had a good conclusion, Dragon Age had a decent ending

*nitpick*

I think this might be nostalgia talking.  Have you played KOTOR recently?  The ending was easily the weakest part of that game.  The entire sequence on the Star Forge is utter crap, culminating in an utterly crap and boring final battle.  Everything up to the Star Forge docking was fantastic, but the ending was pretty meh.  Even the most interesting part of KOTOR's ending - the disappearance of Revan - was left to the sequel.

As for DA:O, it wasn't bad but it wasn't great, either.  Awakenings improved the DA:O ending narrative considerably.

BioWare doesn't have a good track record with endings, unfortunately.  I think it's probably because the content of their games is so excellent that its tough to craft a fitting conclusion.  Think of other top-tier games - Valve got so chicken after HL2:Ep2 that they haven't continued the bloody series :P
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline crizza

i'll have to remember to install that on the laptop before i go home for christmas.  might see how it holds up to crysis also.
Can you give me a quick note if you manage to install it?(Kane's Wrath)
I'm unable to do it, some file is corrupt and the cab archive is also ****ed up...and I have an original copy -.-

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i guess.  quick check in the meantime though, you have the CnC 3 base installed right?  i'm pretty sure kane's wrath isn't standalone.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Valve got so chicken after HL2:Ep2 that they haven't continued the bloody series :P
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Back to Pokémon Y. Only have two badges so far.

Offline crizza

i guess.  quick check in the meantime though, you have the CnC 3 base installed right?  i'm pretty sure kane's wrath isn't standalone.
Of course I have, I've grown up with expansion sets, which require the base game installed.
The game keeps freaking out that the archive is corrupt and I'm speaking about the bloody game disc -.-

Offline crizza

After updating Rome 2, the game is getting wierder.
Every single faction declares war on me... for the last 100 turns I'm in one bloody huge war, against the Averni, Sparta, Athen, Pontus and Egypt...
Smaller factions join and bug out when I give them money, but the big five don't want to make peace, so I'm forced to fight with just four legions and three fleets against dozens of enemy armys...challenging.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
battlestar galactica

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Arkham City

Did some Challenge Mode while listening to Monster Magnet.  :pimp:
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Can you give me a quick note if you manage to install it?(Kane's Wrath)
I'm unable to do it, some file is corrupt and the cab archive is also ****ed up...and I have an original copy -.-

sooooo... about that.  i forgot my new laptop doesn't have an optical drive, so i'm not going to be able to install CnC.  sorry.

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Act 3 of Katawa Shoujo, following Shizune's story. I hope I get the good ending.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Finished Tomb Raider, onto the original Assassin's Creed (which has been in my backlog for some time).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
Act 3 of Katawa Shoujo, following Shizune's story. I hope I get the good ending.

I think I'm on the good path, but the end of Act 3 for Shizune is so sad...

Offline Mito [PL]

• Proud Member of Slavicus Mechanicus
battlestar galactica
You mean, BSGO? Is there a HLP squadron yet?
How do you kill a hydra?

You starve it to death.