Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 613803 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: What are you playing right now?
SWTOR. GSF is helluva fun. Gunships can go burn in the chaos though.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Finished Tomb Raider, onto the original Assassin's Creed (which has been in my backlog for some time).

I highly recommend you don't got for 100%.  It's not worth it.  AC1's only redeeming features are the origin of the concept and the story; the gameplay is awful if you've played any of the more recent ones.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Finished Tomb Raider, onto the original Assassin's Creed (which has been in my backlog for some time).

I highly recommend you don't got for 100%.  It's not worth it.  AC1's only redeeming features are the origin of the concept and the story; the gameplay is awful if you've played any of the more recent ones.

Yeah, I've noticed there is a lot of grindy bull****, so I think I'm just going to stick to the bare minimum required for the story progression just to see it through.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

Yeah, I've noticed there is a lot of grindy bull****, so I think I'm just going to stick to the bare minimum required for the story progression just to see it through.

....yeeeaaaahhh, not seeing this through.  I made it halfway through before the ****ty console port-ness and obtuse game mechanics pissed me off enough to simply look up the storyline and delete it from my hard disk.

Between the absolutely brutal autosave and the frustrating I'm-an-assassin-but-this-really-isn't-geared-toward-stealth-assassination (so many other games do this so much better) I'm done.  I've done my last Alt-F4 out of that piece of crap (because taking 5 minutes and 6 menus to quit a game is fun, Ubisoft!).  Ugh.  Not $7 well spent at all.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline crizza

Bought Darksouls today...
And was so pissed about the controlls, I plugged my 360 controller into the PC...

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Wipeout 2048 and Gravity Rush on the Vita.

Also FF9. Again.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Lorric

Ah, FFIX. I'm not playing it. I'm currently playing fan-made campaigns for a game called Freespace 2. You may have heard of it.

But someday, I hope to carry on with my second FFIX save. All I want to do is get to Cleyra. I want to have a save at that beautiful place.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Started Skyrim Legendary Edition.

See you guys again in a few months =)

Iggy's Reckin' Balls. N64 platformer-racer.

This game is seriously awesome, and I'm still kinda sad that no franchise or sequels ever came of it. It's pretty unique as far as I'm aware.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Started Skyrim Legendary Edition.

See you guys again in a few months =)

Same here. Dem boobie mods ENBs and Texture overhauls.  :nervous:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline An4ximandros

If your opinion of the game is anywhere near mine Ryan, you'll be back in about two weeks. :P

Offline MP-Ryan

• Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
If your opinion of the game is anywhere near mine Ryan, you'll be back in about two weeks. :P

Meaning you finished it quickly, or hated it?

Because you're talking to someone who spent 130+ hours in Morrowind and Oblivion (with their DLC/expansions). =)  And from the 2 hrs I've spent in Skyrim so far, I see much the same is going to happen here.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Very soon: MegaMek.  Lots and lots of MegaMek.

The reason: Recreating the invasion of Washburn in 3144 by the Wolf Empire.  The campaign pits six Clusters of Front-Line Clan troops against 17 battalions of Inner Sphere line units and militia.

Offline An4ximandros

Played Oblivion and finished it (well the storylines.) Played Skyrim, never got farther than Hrothgar. It all just feels like I had already done the same before.
The reality of it is that it is just oblivion with Draco-Vikings to me.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
whoever invented the Silent Realm trials in Skyward Sword is surely a troll.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
you sound like my mom :P

the last one is the only one i actually failed.  at least on the second playthrough.  i started the game once a year ago on my mom's and got as far as the sand ship before i had to go back home.  i think i might have failed the second one once that time.

the final boss is pretty absurd though

Spoiler:
take lots of guardian potions
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"  :shaking:

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Hogs of War. :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Lorric

Hogs of War. :)
Ah, I still have that. Didn't get very far though, deck is stacked against you so much. Unless you're just playing multiplayer, good luck taking all of Saustralasia, you'll need it. :)