19 (7.5%)
GTF Myrmidon
14 (5.5%)
GTF Ares
43 (16.9%)
GTF Ulysses
8 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 252

Author Topic: Favorite terran fighter  (Read 97316 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Re: Favorite terran fighter
it's of no use.. not even as a bomber, it's just a coffin with thrusters in the back end.

you can actually ram something with it??

I find it hard to believe that you can turn to face your enemy in time.
el hombre vicio...

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
It's not any less maneuverable than the Ursa, and it has increased speed and a reduced profile :nervous:

I have found a use for the Boanerges! I discovered this while in a COMPLETELY random dogfight.
You took a Boanerges to a dogfight?! :confused:

Yes. With a Lamprey and Stilletos.

But I so wish I could get the voice chat to work. Otherwise I would have been shouting "RAMMING SPEED!!!" so loud.

EDIT: To be fair I was fighting a Tauret and a Loki, and they basically fought each other until they got bored. Then we started ramming each other. I basically won that round.

But I took down the Loki with my Lampreys! Granted, he was standing still but I SHOT HIM TO DEATH.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 11:53:14 pm by MechMantis »

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I'll try that later; fly a Boanerges and ram some Shivans. :drevil:
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Like :nervous: Manticores? Astarothes? Dragons? Good luck, man. You'll need it :p

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
How about "Slaying Ravana"? There are lots of Basilisks there; might be good practice. ;)
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
If only you could take a boanerges to "As Lightning Fall".
Ramming brain-dead Basilisks and Aeshmas.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Weeelll...you could extract the mission from the vp file and FRED it.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Snail

• SC 5
It's not any less maneuverable than the Ursa, and it has increased speed and a reduced profile :nervous:
It's got something to do with the model that makes the Bone so crap. The model is off-center, so it turns like weirdly and it can be hit from all these weird angles. Ever seen a Boanerges fly in, launch a bomb and try turn away? It turns like a van, kinda similar to the Isis (but for a different reason)

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Yeah, I've tried it. Very sluggish, as bad as the Ursa, maybe worse.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Yeah, I've tried it. Very sluggish, as bad as the Ursa, maybe worse.

definitely better the ursa, probably because it's like just like boanerges but with a turret on its top and a huge primaries capacity.

but hitting an enemy with those primaries?? it's should be concidered as a competition for this year's olimpic games...
el hombre vicio...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
but hitting an enemy with those primaries?? it's should be concidered as a competition for this year's olimpic games...
It's easy [especially when you are drunk] and it's useful to add Maxims there and rip up capital ships (use the center bank for cowfighting and the 3 banks for eating capital ships).

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I did my ram tests yesterday using the Boanerges and Ursa on Slaying Ravana and found that, when ramming a Basilisk. Its hull drops from 100 to 96 with a Boanerges, and 100 to 92 with an Ursa. However, the Boanerges seems less prone to taking recoil damage.

Also, if a Mara has 1% hull integrity and you stroke your Boanerges across it, it dies. :drevil:
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's easy [especially when you are drunk] and it's useful to add Maxims there and rip up capital ships (use the center bank for cowfighting and the 3 banks for eating capital ships).

Maxims just drains your energy and I tend to divert more of that to the shields (just because I suck at this game), In Slaying Ravanna it's almost impossible not to die from the freaking flak guns! (probably because this particular model has that know issue that let's you litterally "fly through it" so the 3 flak guns sitting in the back just fire through the hull of the ravanna killing me instantly).
my response to this is: I just select the medusa and hunt down the fighers while my wingmates take the ravana on. I just give it the final hit and that's it ^^
el hombre vicio...

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
But then you won't get the kill.

I like to have my wingmates disarm the Ravana (I takeaway their bombs on the loadout screen and make them use other stuff.) Then I do the killing meself!

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
But then you won't get the kill.

I like to have my wingmates disarm the Ravana (I takeaway their bombs on the loadout screen and make them use other stuff.) Then I do the killing meself!

dont know about that, I've killed that ravana lot of times in the past already... just figured I would aim for something different in the 194746458th time jeje

In my effort to find some new exitment I deemed myself to play through Inferno SCP, i've never played through that because of those akward models and buggy missions (no offense to all of you guys, I actually liked in the end but it's no eye caching in the first couple of missions).. but who would know, story got it's charm ^^

Also tryed to get Inferno Aliance but seem that filefont is not working.. or unleast with me it keeps throwing errors.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
 :wtf:  But neither of those mods are released, are you on the projects?
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
No, I played the inferno SPC patched version, not the current proyects.
I got it from the inferno site like a week ago.
el hombre vicio...

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Uh, Rodo, its not Inferno SCP. Its Inferno R1, with an SCP patch (which makes no difference). INFSCP is neither finished nor released.
Restof, INFA is released. INFASA isn't.
Woot. I think I got that nailed down!
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
Inferno SCP is the new version, made for the SCP engine.'

INFR1 is the original, made for retail FS2. It has a patch to make it compatible with FreeSpace SCP, nothing more.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.