Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 237760 times)

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
since when do we have a trade-forum/bazaar

i need to play more, damn shoddy wireless card

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
since when do we have a trade-forum/bazaar

i need to play more, damn shoddy wireless card

A few guys got it in their heads to make one when JC first started asking about an economy/trade system. I take it it's completed then?
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, there's a little marketplace structure just down a path from the telepad hub.  Maybe since we're not adding the economy mod, we could tweak it into a storehouse of sorts.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Would y'all mind voting for my t-shirt design, por favor? :pimp:

Score this design: "Hello, my name is Steve," to help it get printed on Threadless!

SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline -Sara-

Voted! Come on people, he needs more votes, his score needs to rise. :)
Currently playing: real life.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

Someone needs to design a pair of pants which has a diamond block right on the crotch

"No"

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Everyone building a teleporter at the hub should definitely consider building a two-way teleporter. It makes exploring much easier on the explorer.

Just place a waypoint under the telepad at both the hub, and your destination. Make your destination telepad go to the hub waypoint, and your hub telepad go to your destination waypoint.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Tried that and for some reason it kept failing, but it ain't that hard to just go /spawn :P
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Minecraft
    • Freespacemods.net
Tried that and for some reason it kept failing, but it ain't that hard to just go /spawn :P

What error did you receive?
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Nohiki

• Graf von Kaffeetrinken
    • Minecraft
Now it works perfectly. To be honest it was probably PEBKAC :P
:::ALSO PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I feel the need to relate something that happened to me on the server last night.  As I left my house in the morning and began to derp around my current work site, I caught a glimpse of a distant Enderman standing around doing nothing.  No big deal, as it was the middle of the day, and I wasn't looking right at him regardless.  So I turned around to go about my business, when all of a sudden the thing teleported right ****ing next to my face and then poofed away again.  I don't know if it was the late hour, or just that I wasn't expecting it to come anywhere near me, or what, but I shot up out of my chair so fast that my mouse flew out of my hand.  I haven't been scared by this game like that in a long time, and it felt pretty good. :D

Offline AtomicClucker

• Runnin' from Trebs
Endermen get caught in my extensive mining tunnels. Only problem is that two block high tunnels and narrow stairs are an absolutely lethal combo to those dirt block thieves.
Blame Blue Planet for my Freespace2 addiction.

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
so, yeah, I'm back for a week but my internet sux
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline -Sara-

With the whole Java compromise/exploit issue going on, and the .7 security update already being compromised now also, would playing Minecraft still be safe? It does use Java after all.

"Paying bills, working, this game called real life is so much fun!" - Said nobody ever.

Offline Iss Mneur

• TODO:
Yes it is safe to continue using Minecraft.

The Java vulnerabilities are related to Java in the browser, called "Java Applets".  Unless you need Java in your browser because of your bank website or such things, just disable the java addon for your browser.

Minecraft is a standalone java application, it already, by design, has all of the access that the these vulnerabilities are allowing an applet to access.

Hopefully that made sense.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams
wxLauncher 0.9.4 public beta (now with no config file editing for FRED) | wxLauncher 2.0 Request for Comments

Offline -Sara-

Yes it is safe to continue using Minecraft.

The Java vulnerabilities are related to Java in the browser, called "Java Applets".  Unless you need Java in your browser because of your bank website or such things, just disable the java addon for your browser.

Minecraft is a standalone java application, it already, by design, has all of the access that the these vulnerabilities are allowing an applet to access.

Hopefully that made sense.

It does, thanks, I had indeed shut off the Java Applet already. Very few browser game or chat services still use one, I'm not keeping the Java in my browser on for those few tools.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hee, I love when two games I like get mashed together.

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Pic of my place on qaz's server!

At night, so it's dark.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
that is pretty sweet
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
*Stops building his Mansion*

**** this ****, I'm going to stick to something I'm good at...
...washing dishes
"No"