Author Topic: Minecraft, Part 2  (Read 238977 times)

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
UPDATE:

The End:
 - The EnderDragon is now on a respawn timer.
 - A Dragon will spawn once every 1-3 days.
 - Up to 3 dragons may be spawned at a time.
 - While new eggs, and XP, are dropped, new portals are not.
 - All players near the dragon when it dies gets full experience for the kill.

(Things in Italics may change at a later date)

All the changes look good from where I'm sitting.
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Went Enderdragon hunting with Hound and tommoex.

Proceeded to die, lose all my stuff, and then die again after the dragons were defeated, making me lose all the experience I'd gained as well.

Not a successful trip.

Offline IronBeer

• (Witty catchphrase)
    • Minecraft
Went Enderdragon hunting with Hound and tommoex.

Proceeded to die, lose all my stuff, and then die again after the dragons were defeated, making me lose all the experience I'd gained as well.

Not a successful trip.
Ask around about how the First Dragon Hunt went. C'mon, just ask somebody.  ;7
"I have approximate knowledge of many things."

Ridiculous, the Director's Cut

Starlancer Head Animations - Converted

Offline Venicius

• Be gone, ruffian!
    • Minecraft
Ok...how did it go?

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
We had to fight three enderdragons who kept killing us at spawn.  A few people foolishly brought diamond gear along and lost it, as diamond gear doesn't protect against spawncamping enderdragons knocking people into the void.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Heh, that's about how mine went.  Except I didn't fall into the void...I was just thrown like 100 meters to some little End-face cubbyhole, died there, and then had no idea where said hole was when I made it back.

Offline Alex Heartnet

• Loli with a hammer
    • Minecraft
If we end up going up against three enderdragons again, maybe iron armor would be better to bring then diamond.  A full set of iron still provides a good deal of protection without being so extremely valuable.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Hey all, go edit your profile and fill out your Minecraft username, if you don't mind... I'm tired of forgetting who's who. :p (I still haven't implemented it's display in the forum yet, in case you're wondering.)

EDIT: Check it out!
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
     |
<--
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 03:41:49 pm by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Aaannd skin viewer added. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
yep thats me
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
I think I need to redo my skin...

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Hey, at least you have a skin.  I'm still Steve. :p

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Alright, that's pretty cool Sandwich.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
Hey, at least you have a skin.  I'm still Steve. :p
Get one!

Or make one like I did. :D

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I used a util on Newgrounds to do mine

Done. that's quite an impressive little addition to the forums in my opinion.

On the Minecraft front, in between of IRL and other things I'm working on, i'm building in the middle of a eternal winter continent which fits me just fine. Hoping to make a nice NPC town or small city surrounded by forests and mountainous paths.

By the way, Kyad just asked me to ask what everyone thinks of having a economy system which uses currency on the server. It's already ready but not activated. If sufficient people and of course Qaz want it then Kyad will implement it.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

What kind of currency? Emeralds, gold, a whole new currency?
What kind of market? Central, remotely accessible, or will you still need to meet to transact? Market or auction house?

Anyway, it sounds interesting, I'd be up for it.

Offline rev_posix

• Administrator
  • I have the password to your shell account...
    • Trials and Tribulations
What kind of currency? Emeralds, gold, a whole new currency?
What kind of market? Central, remotely accessible, or will you still need to meet to transact? Market or auction house?

Anyway, it sounds interesting, I'd be up for it.
Most economy plugins use an intangible item for currency, quite often represented by $.

You get more by selling things you mine, making deals with other players, etc, just like IRL.  I've seen some servers that rent plots for building or charge 'property taxes'  :P
--
POSIX is fine, as is Rev or RP

"Although generally it is considered a no no to disagree with a mod since it's pretty much equivalent to kicking an unpaid janitor in the nuts while he's busy cleaning up somebody elses vomit and then telling them how bad they are at cleaning it up cause you can smell it down the hall." - Dennis, Home Improvement Moderator @ DSL Reports

"wow, some people are thick and clearly can't think for themselves - the solution is to remove warning labels from poisons."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
That all sounds depressingly like the real life I try to escape by playing Minecraft in the first place. :p