Author Topic: Campaign story doodle...  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Campaign story doodle...
This is something I'm working on. The ___'s are referring to names, etc - I have them, but I didn't have them with me when I wrote this blurb :)

Ten years have passed since the destruction of Capella...

Thousands are left homeless, destitute, fighting for survival. The GTVA is

stretched thin, barely fending off pirates and criminals, struggling to

regain  order across it's shattered systems. As the weight of millions of

refugees from the Capella incident presses down on the shoulders of the

government, the future of the GTVA is in doubt...

But none of that matters out here! Out in the fringe systems, local police

forces are the voice of the government, and the voice of the people lies in

the gangs and pirate vessels. If you want to get rich, there's only two ways

- mining or crime, and in some places, both of those are legal.

Into this situation steps you (the player) and Tex Fisher. Two buddies from a

long-haul cargo carrier, they were disenfranchised with the company after

they set them up with a drug transfer - at least, without warning them. When

the authorities arrived, they were left with the package and without excuses.

After getting out of jail, they sold what little they had left and bought a

small, semi-outdated fighter, intending to sail to parts unknown and start

their own mining corporation - by force, if required. In fact, they were just

on their way to a possible site, when they decided to stop by at a station

known for it's particularly touchy patrons...

---This is where you start playing; this is just the storylining of it.

Apparantly, however, Tex has never heard of this. His small frame and

apparantly small set of manenrs has managed to allow him the privelage of

pissing off nearly every single person in the sector, after a bar fight which

he instigated spiraled out of control, leaving the player to rescue him and

haul ass out of there.
After taking stock of their current situation, a gift, seemingly from the

heavens above, drops straight into their laps. Oscar ______ - owner of the

largest mining corporation in the sector, just happened to be in the area during the duo's daring escape. Impressed

with the pilot's skills, he tracked the two through subspace, and has arrived

with an offer: rescue his wife, and he will not only repaBuir their ship, but

pay them a heft sum to do what they please with.
But there's a catch...she has been captured by the most notorious pirate gang around - the ____. Patsy McGallen, captain of the _____, raided a pleasure cruiser earlier and made off with not only all of the valuables on board, but also Oscar's wife. Dozens of able pilots have tried, few have returned alive, and of those that returned, even fewer have succeeded in their task. Apparantly they returned their human cargo back to it's captor after just a few short days of travel...they possess haunting stories of the women, giving her the now-oft-used term "Pussy of Death."

Will our heros succeed? Will they rescue the...ahem..."damsel" in distress? Will they fall prey to Patsy and his ruthless band of pirates? Or will they go home and pop open a beer?* Only you will decide in this cunning game of cat and mouse!

*Beer not included.

Offline Nuclear1

Sounds cool. Also sounds a little like Eagle Takes Flight, but that's not a bad idea. Great minds think alike, eh? ;)
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Thanks...but, er...whazzat? :D

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Campaign story doodle...
Originally posted by Unknown Target
Oscar ______

Grouch. Has to be.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
Character bios :)
(It turns out "Oscar"'s name was really "Otto" - brain fart :))

Major Characters:

The Player – Cargo runner. Got fed up with cargo shipping when, after a long series of unfortunate mishaps, he was busted smuggling drugs that a client had slipped into his container without telling him. Sold his hauler and bought a small ship with his best friend and second in command, Tex. Is currently heading for a job interview with a backwater security company.

Tex Fisher – The player's crewmate and WO. Born to a middle class family, he became interested in space travel after he read some “get-rich-quick” ads at age 15. At 18, he joined a small shipping company as a cargo-lifting ensign. It was there where he met the Player, a quick young captain a few years his younger. He put in for a transfer to his ship, and the two became fast friends. However, he quickly tired of the duldrums of the shipping business, and when the Player decided to quit, he was glad to follow. While his quick tounge and small body, Tex has a nasty habit of getting into fights against a lot of very large people.

Otto Murdock – A wealthy businessman with a problem. His wife, Petya Murdock, has been kidnapped by pirates, and held ransom. Otto has tried everything, from paying money, to bribery, to rescue attempts, and even a failed request for help from the GTVA. All hope seems lost for him and his “beloved wife,” until Tex and the Player step into the fray.

Petya Murdock – Dominating. Controlling. Frigid. Pussy of Death. Just some of the terms to describe Otto's all-controlling spouse. Many good men have died trying to rescue her at the behest of Otto's checkbook, and yet still others have rescued her, only to turn back and return her. When inquired as to the reason for their strange actions, they simply shook their heads and walked away, still trembling.

Pasty McGallan – The dastardly pirate commander, and captain of the Tallula Parade, who has succeeded in taking Petya captive. It is rumored that, after attempting to have his way with her, he sustained serious bodily injury, and afterwards she was locked away in the coldest, dampest cell on the ship. Patsy's patience (and physical endowments) have become short because of Petya, and time is running out for the embattered dominatrix.